Meet the Fockers Reviews

• May 17, 2020

I always enjoyed watching this one quite a bit a few years ago due to it being on ITV2. I watched it today and I surprised that it wasn't as good as I remembered like there's good moments throughout the movie but it's not as funny and entertaining as I remembered it to be.

• May 16, 2020

There was no need to make a sequel and it shows. There are a few laughs but that's about it.

• May 13, 2020

Meet The Fockers is hysterical.

Meet The Fockers is hysterical.

• Apr 16, 2020

Retarded and stupid movie

Retarded and stupid movie

• Apr 12, 2020

A weak successor to the first one. The humor feels more staged and the story got pretty basic. It passes the time a bit though.

• Jan 12, 2020

I had watched this long ago and remembered it as being low-quality toilet humor, and was surprised to find upon rewatching that it actually isn't that bad. I think jokes where the punchline is "that was awkward!" are annoying and that is the bulk of the comedy in this movie, but I made it through by reminding myself that De Niro produced the movie, so he must've thought the jokes were funny even though they were at his character's expense most of the time. The type of situation the movie is about where Ben has to rely on others to be as reserved and courteous as he's been toward his wife's family and them failing to do so makes me shudder as I can see it happening to me. I thought picking Randy Newman for the score was an odd choice as they were basically saying they wanted to do a live-action movie to the tune of Toy Story.

• Dec 26, 2019

Lazy writing, it's lost the vision of the first movie

Lazy writing, it's lost the vision of the first movie

• Oct 16, 2019

I began my acquaintance with this trilogy precisely from the second part. I watched it once in my childhood, not even knowing that it was a continuation, because the title doesn't have the usual numbering. Therefore, for me, this film is completely independent and separate, although in conjunction with the first part it looks organically. This is a great example of a sequel: in it, the story continues, not repeats. After watching Meet the Parents, the logical question remains: what about the Fockers? So getting to know them is a natural continuation, revealing the story on the other hand and deepening the main character, the case when the second part cannot be missing. Without it, the first film is inferior. The disadvantage is, perhaps, a significant difference in the time intervals between films in life and in the plot. It is noticeable that several years have passed from the first part, while in history the action takes place hardly in a year. In a good way, both parts should be one film divided into two. But otherwise the comedy is excellent, sometimes surpassing the first in humor. But it is for my taste. I understand people for whom some jokes here may be over the edge. However, for lovers of this style it's just sweetie. And the actors are still the best that is in these films. Nowhere else can you see in one frame such Hollywood legends as Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman. For their joint scenes alone, I am ready to revise this movie.

• Aug 04, 2019

After watching Meet The Fockers I wanted to scrub my eyeballs with dish detergent, burn the clothes I was wearing, and erase it from my mind.

• Apr 15, 2019