Mine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mine Reviews

August 26, 2017
Could've really been an amazing movie if the flashbacks & hallucinations weren't so annoying
½ August 20, 2017
Boring predictable garbage. 15 minutes would have been long enough for this film.
July 3, 2017
7/2/17 Xfinity on Demand
This movie had great potential but it was never realized. The constant flashbacks and hallucinations never made sense to me and I was never sure what was real and what was imagined.
June 30, 2017
banal plot. very predictable. full of cliches.
½ June 22, 2017
This movie is trying to tell us there is a soldier who is getting through a hard time without a single hope.
June 14, 2017
Mine a psychological thriller movie about two US Marine soldiers Mike (Armie Hammer) and his partner Tommy (Tom Cullen) are trapped when they both step on a land mine. Now, this could have been a well intense film with its concept idea about survival on a desert with limited supplies and body movement and the wildlife and nature taking a toll on the victims in this situation. Well Mine completely fails about everything in the movie. Directors Fabio and another Fabio could have put more thought into their filmmaking and have a survival tone and vision made for the movie.

First, the script was terrible. It was difficult to believe that the dialogue with the two marines would be this bad. Sure, Tommy was by far an annoying character and acting like an amateur. It would be hard to believe he even made it to boot camp with his attitude. There was no character development which should have had potential too. We learn about Mike and the flashbacks of his abusive father beating his mother. His struggling relationship with his girlfriend Jenny (Annabelle Wallis). His character struggles being stuck on the mine with dehydration, sandstorms, and even wild dogs. His character is changing and it shows how he is affected psychologically. Especially, when Mirage takes place and his hallucinations makes it difficult on trying to tell whats reality and whats not. Also, the dialogue with their command seemed unreal. After the two marines disobeyed a direct order. When they attempted to seek aid and ask for an evac. The responses the command center was giving did not seem believable.

The direction was very boring and dull. Some of these survival movies like 127 Hours worked so well cause of Danny Boyle's direction on showing the characters inner state and how he is slowly drifting between the balance of life and death. Seemed like a concept that Mine should have done. But we don't get much at state of Mike's struggle. Cause the script was one dimensional with his character.

Armie Hammer performance was stale and flat. Annabelle Wallis talent was wasted here with just flashback scenes and some brief moments of the hugging memories. Tom Cullen was so annoying with his character. Sure, your suppose to be feeling emotions and bad for these characters. But when viewing, these characters are flat and it was difficult to even care for when they are facing death.

The movie was boring after the half hour mark. Seeing Mike stuck out in the sun, trying to hold his sanity together. The movie did not do much to build this momentum on him trying to hold it together. It literally was him waiting out there and hallucinating.

Overall, Mine is so terrible and boring. I will not recommend. Unless you want to see some poor performances, boring direction, and a dull script with annoying characters.
½ June 13, 2017
3rd worst movie I ever saw behind Wicker Man and the Point Break remake.
June 2, 2017
Never Get My Hours Back Watching This disappointed
½ June 2, 2017
Mine felt slow to start into the hook, but when it set in I was truly captured. I loved the man that came to visit him in the field and I really loved his character. I would solely see this movie again for him. The plot development was very abrupt in my opinion, but I really didn't expect more coming from watching the trailer before. I really liked how the soldiers were portrayed, very realistic and brutal in taste. I would love to see this movie again, just not soon.
May 17, 2017
Bad. Started really good but the flashbacks is just silly the pacing is awful aswell
½ May 13, 2017
A film starring Armie Hammer as a marine who has stepped on a mine and can no longer take another step or risk losing his life. This film could have been great with such an interesting premise and plot. It's donned on me that Armie Hammer is just not a good actor. I seriously can't recall any role he's ever been good in. Some serious scenes of turmoil and Hammers delivery of certain lines just completely ruin the scene. And then how it all wrapped up was so predictable and lame honestly. I will say though Clint Dyer's character was great. He was the best part of the film. In the end Mine was a pretty big letdown.
May 6, 2017
Certainly not the suspenseful thriller I thought it might be, but an interesting (although somewhat predictable) character story - Hammer does a good job, and the hallucinations are well done and become difficult to identify at times, adding to the credibility.
½ May 3, 2017
Very disappointing, light on story, slow, not credible
½ May 2, 2017
Stand Your Ground! Better not...
April 26, 2017
Kept my attention for the first half but started to fade halfway through. Gets a bit confusing at times. Nothing to write home about
April 26, 2017
amazing excellent filmsā??
½ April 25, 2017
A marine steps in doodoo and has 2 hours to wipe it off
½ April 25, 2017
The name says it all, it really is a bad movie, I wish it wasn't mine.. :) chucks
April 23, 2017
Well, the movie wasn't action-packed as it was suggested but the acting didn't disappoint at all. It was like a one man show which was quite successful. I still wish it was a combat flick.
April 23, 2017
Pretty good movie started off slow then picked up in the middle. the ending was a good twist.