Mine Reviews

• Mar 27, 2020

This movie is fantastic, and has only a few problems. It's one of my personal favorites, and connects with me significantly. The only 2 things I didn't like were that these guys should have Known there were landmines everywhere and joking about it is a bad idea since there are so many deaths worldwide, military And civilian, because of these death traps, and the rising walls. Regardless of this, the journey this guy takes while not stepping anywhere is quite remarkable from what I can see. I am not sure how it got such bad reviews. Maybe it makes the military look insensitive, or bad dog CGI, or maybe it feels older than it is, like a mid 00's movie? I am not sure, because if this Really Is a bad movie, I don't see it At All. Cinematography is good, the story is great, the plot is solid and makes a lot of emotional connections, and it doesn't use live-action flashbacks in that the movie stops to show you the "3 Months Earlier" style of editing. They are just memories, and everything connects well, and everything was Very enjoyable for me. There are flashbacks to be clear, not that this is a bad thing Especially for this film specifically. If you like movies that are slow, cerebral, philosophical, and you get to know the characters intimately then this movie is for you. I think this movie is almost perfect, except they should Not have joked about landmines because they are real, severe, and kill millions every year. Solution? Just have everything be exactly the same except his partner doesn't stomp around, and that's it. If he wasn't stomping around, it would be a 5 star Easily for me. Great cinema and an Excellent idea.

• Feb 12, 2020

Honestly, such a departure from typical war films and sure more existential. The singularity of it did really capture me. Moments lasting forever where your life flashes before your eyes, and the idiotic irony of it all. It is vulnerable and it is a great film IMO.

• Dec 16, 2019

When will Hollywood people realize that anti personnel mines don't work that way? The underlying premise of the movie is laughable. Mines blow up as soon as you trigger it, not when you lift pressure.

• Dec 12, 2019

The film does not work in any of its aspects, or in the matter of extreme survival, or ethics, or anything

• Oct 19, 2019

Suspenseful until the end!

Suspenseful until the end!

• Oct 13, 2019

Excellent movie and full of suspense.

Excellent movie and full of suspense.

• Sep 17, 2019

One of the most underrated movies I've ever seen. Well-acted from Hammer, intense and thrilling, as well as emotionally resonant. Some aspects of Hammer's character may come off as cliche, but it is still an amazing character journey to watch. I enjoyed every scene and every threat the protagonist had to overcome. I was on the edge of my seat from the moment he stepped on the explosive device. The film made great use of its single location and I cannot believe the negative reviews it received. Amazing work from Armie Hammer. Give him more credit please.

• Jul 08, 2019

I started off thinking this is going to be a good movie, but a few minutes in I then though this is s total piece of crap.Why do film makers want to show the US military as incompetent fools? Firstly in a sniper team you ensure there is no possibility of anything to give away your position. Then why the immediecy of taking the shot, it could have waited a few minutes to get a clear shot. You also ensure of your escape route. Utter idiots!

• Jun 30, 2019

This is one of the worst shows I've seen in a long time. The worst one location movie since Colin Farrell gifted us with the abortion of a movie they called Phonebooth. Don't waste your time.

• Jun 21, 2019

I understand the reasons people may have not liked this film but the message it sends about someone battling with themselves is incredible. I loved this movie!!