Mortal Kombat Reviews

• 15h ago

Probably the only good game movie adaptation made by the worst director of all, Paul WS Anderson.

• Jul 22, 2021

Uma porcaria, com muito sofrimento consegui assistir até o final...

Uma porcaria, com muito sofrimento consegui assistir até o final...

• Jul 17, 2021

I love this movie. I've always loved this movie. The soundtrack is awesome. They did a good job with the technology they had available. There is actually some resolution at the end of the film. Minus Chris Lambert as Raiden, casting was spot on. I come to rotten tomatoes every now and again to check out reviews but the fact that this film got a lower rating than the new 2021 reboot just proves ya'll are crazy sell-outs.

• Jul 13, 2021

It's a funny movie and It has good fighting scenes, But sadly it has a bland plot and characters.

• Jul 09, 2021

About as bad as a movie can be. It was worse than my low expectations. I expected cheesy dialogue and mindless entertainment but was at least hoping for some decent action. It has some of the worst fight scenes I've ever seen in any movie. Some are ridiculously short and anti-climactic at best. The c.g.i. is ridiculously outdated and horrible. I saw Henson puppets of higher quality when I was a kid growing up in the 80's. It's a total waste of time to watch this movie. You might as well go play Mortal Kombat for 90 minutes if you are feeling nostalgic.

• Jul 06, 2021

• May 19, 2021

This movie is awful for anyone that played the games. 2/10

This movie is awful for anyone that played the games. 2/10

• May 17, 2021

Mortal Kombat - 9/10. Mortal Kombat is a franchise that is super close to my heart. I grew up playing Mortal Kombat 4 throughout my childhood with cousins. I remember being super excited whenever I saw a new game from the series come out, and I even joined Taekwondo because of those games. But the first time I ever got introduced to the franchise was through this movie. Some of you might be thinking, "this movie can't be on par with some of the other films that I've talked about in this series." And that's true. This movie isn't the best movie of all time, but its a damn good watch! From the opening kickass title sequence (one of the greatest title sequences in cinema history), we are thrust into a Enter The Dragon fantasy knockoff of a movie. Most of the performances are hammy and a little cartoony, but everyone plays their characters just the right way. The fight scenes are fun, with Robin Shou's performance as Liu Kang being the highlight of the film. Its a damn shame he never became a big star after this movie, as he had the charisma and the agility of a great kungfu star. Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage is also a big standout, literally creating the video game character to life. The huge strength of this film is the action scenes and its pacing. Its literally a faithful video game adaption, and still holds up as one of the best video game films. Paul W.S. Anderson, who made his hollywood debut as a director through this movie, directed this movie with great flair and presentation. The #scorpion vs Johnny Cage fight and the Sub Zero vs Liu Kang fight are some of the best fight scenes in the 90s (in my opinion). Even though this movie is super nostalgic, I'm super aware its not the best movie with some really shoddy writing. But as an entertaining blockbuster, it certainly is a fun watch, even to this day!

• May 16, 2021