Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror (Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens) (Nosferatu the Vampire) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror (Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens) (Nosferatu the Vampire) Reviews

½ July 12, 2017
The beginning of horror! You have to respect it! Now the film itself is basically Dracula told in a deferent way, and it works! Nosferatu is creepy at times. When nosferatu was walking towards Gustav with his blank stare is really creepy!!! Also this movie has the classic shadow of nosferatu walking up the stairs. So if your a movie fan this one is a must watch.
½ July 10, 2017
wow some great shit here. creepy as hell in places, goofy in others (but only due to the time it was filmed) Important piece of horror cinema history.
½ June 9, 2017
That was pretty creepy. This was made in 1922 for crying out loud!
June 8, 2017
A classic movie introducing many filming techniques used in horror to this day. This movie also has a swapped gender role story line, which is very far ahead of its time. All together, it is an important movie in its themes and its cinematography.
May 4, 2017
UMA OBRA PRIMA DO TERROR !!!!!!!
April 20, 2017
A true gothic story, Nosferatu is full of eeriness and has a chilling performance from Max Shreck
½ March 27, 2017
Legitimately one of the best movies I've seen.
March 27, 2017
This past Halloween season I was pleased to finally give this one a first time look off the To-Watch Pile, and I have to say I was really impressed with it, especially after a lifetime of seeing clips here and there. It's nice to finally have it all in the proper context once and for all.

Recommended.
March 26, 2017
10 out of 10:

Nosferatu may be a silent film, but it still manages to be creepy with its great set design and makeup and a nice feel.
March 15, 2017
There are such things worse than death. In this great German silent classic Nosferatu rings out as the single film in horror history to truly represent the real terror vampires are supposed to cause. A rat like appearance,ancient and decrepit persona, and a vile plague spreading power from death and the grave. Yes it truly strikes my very soul, this is what a vampire is supposed to make you feel like when you simply hear the word vampire or even Nosferatu. F.W. Murnau does what most directors would not even come close to in films after this one. So please sink your eyes into this terror of a film ..... please !!!!

-Wilson McInnis
December 5, 2016
By 2016 standards it's a stretch to call "Nosferatu" scary - eerie is probably more suitable. Of course, it's a little unfair to judge a film that way. So on the one hand I really appreciate the - occasionally genuinely creepy - atmosphere Murnau creates through his successful use of shadows. On the other hand "Nosferatu" is pretty slow and bereft of a big climax of any sort. Murnau succeeds in creating some iconic gothic imagery but his fragmentary direction fails to set the story on fire.
November 6, 2016
German take of Dracula story. Remains effective even after 94 years.
November 2, 2016
Saw this in a church with live organ music. Great experience!
October 31, 2016
brilliant early cinema
October 30, 2016
Truly remarkable for it's time and a real landmark in film history. It suffers from the same melodrama style that dates Metropolis in some way, but once you get over this and watch it for what it is, a film that has stood the test of time over the last 86 years(!) you can see why this is in many ways the most iconic vampire film. The use of shadows and dark are both particularly effective, and I'm glad I finally got to see it.
October 27, 2016
i'm pretty sure the simply fact that a 16 year old boy in 2016 genuinely enjoys this film, i DEFINITELY a good sign
½ October 12, 2016
This lived up to my expectations and its grand critical reviews. While from a modern standpoint some of the acting and scenes are humorously melodramatic, this is nonetheless a strangely beautiful and haunting work of art. Aided by a great musical score and striking visuals, the atmosphere feels truly mythic.
September 14, 2016
If you don't like German silent cinema don't watch it but its is one of the best vampire films around. Filmed nearly 95 years ago, it is still more frightening than most "scary" movies today.