The Notebook Reviews

• 6d ago

This movie is fantastic, Ryan Goling is an amazing actor and through this movie we truly see this. The story is heart-wrenching and phenommonal.

• Sep 14, 2019

Just another sappy love story.

Just another sappy love story.

• Sep 11, 2019

The Notebook comes off as manipulative and it was hard for me not to be suspicious about just how similar it and Dear John were, suggesting that Nicholas Sparks movie follow a specific formula. That being said, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams do have great romantic chemistry together and there actually is some originality and memorability to it resulting in a semi-compelling romantic chick flick. I still prefer A Walk to Remember.

• Sep 06, 2019

Great, lovely and beautiful love story.

Great, lovely and beautiful love story.

• Sep 06, 2019

Shut up. It's good. Get over it.

Shut up. It's good. Get over it.

• Aug 24, 2019

The notebook. Upon searching the best romantic films, this seems to be at the top of the pile? WHY? So, let's get into the story. A story about a girl and a love triangle. A girl that can't decide if she wants a bit of rough, someone who looks good with a beard, a wife beater vest and who can build things (like a house), OR.. if she wants money, someone with a good job, health insurance, keeps you hydrated and looks good in a suit. And that's it really, a few sub plots in the future but mainly her trying to decide who she wants to be with throughout; in this utterly clichéd bullsh$t film. Next the characters. So the Girl: Indecisive. Doesn't really do a lot for feminists. She gets married to the money and then cheats with the rough. Fantastic. Complete b*tch. Then, Gosling: mental problems and a narcissist. Can't take no for an answer - in the beginning, when he gets rejected five or six times, threatens to kill himself for a date. Sooo romantic! Later on, he writes her a letter every day for years..who does that? ..Psychos! Oh yeah, and he a builds a house for her. From scratch, with no training. (I wouldn't live there - health and safety) And then Marsden: nice guy. But boring and stupid. Kind of knows that his girl is thinking about another man, but you know, just gets on with it...as you do. Not to mention the other insane characters in this film. The girl's mother for example who just the worst mother. Doesn't want to her daughter to make any choices, hides mail from her. You know, just a c@unt. Ok, what we got left? Pace: really slow. too slow. Direction: garbage. Music score: Soppy and unnecessary. Cinematography: average. Costume design: awful. Acting: alright. And there we go.... BEST ROMANTIC FILM EVER. jokers.

• Aug 22, 2019

Excelente, sensibiliza la trama.

Excelente, sensibiliza la trama.

• Aug 15, 2019

It's a cheesy love story. It didn't make my cry.

It's a cheesy love story. It didn't make my cry.

• Jul 28, 2019

Must see if you want to bawl your eyes out!!

Must see if you want to bawl your eyes out!!

• Jul 25, 2019

Some scenes i sit there and say "how is this charming". Or "what kind of Hallmark S*** is this". The scene on the ferris wheel borders on creepy or just plain idiotic.