Now You See Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Now You See Me Reviews

July 21, 2017
You know that moment in every heist movie where they suddenly reveal that they tricked you? "It was that person all along!" or "Wait...that's what happened?" Well, this is just scene after scene of those moments. For an hour or so that can be pretty fun, but the tricks played on the audience during this film got more and more implausible (and eye roll inducing, honestly). There is nothing wrong with messing with the crowd a bit, but you should probably respect an audience more than this. Also, seeing this cast waste their talents on cute drivel was a major bummer.
July 19, 2017
"Now You See Me" is fast paced, subversive fun, but it's substance vanishes into thin air as soon as the credits roll.
July 16, 2017
Kept me wondering the whole time. Watched with Ashlee. 7/16/17
½ July 14, 2017
very boring and senseless
July 8, 2017
Minor flaws ignored, Now You See Me is a fantastic thriller-action hybrid, boasting a talented cast and endless plot twists.
½ July 5, 2017
The trailer blew me away, while the movie was less than stellar. Though the cast is great, the characters don't have much depth behind them. The magic is cool and the plot is fresh, but it suffers down the stretch from an unwelcome twist. Painfully mediocre.
June 29, 2017
Not bad at all... It's not easy to follow, but spectacular and attractive, and the revelations at the end make everything have a logical sense.
June 11, 2017
Fantastic film!

Originally written on June 29, 2013--
Ever wondered how a magician does some of his/her best tricks? Do you like a good heist picture where the bad guys make off the cash just to give it away to those less fortunate? This movie answers those questions, but in a way you won't see coming. Great way to spend a couple of hours at the movies. Highly recommend!
June 9, 2017
I love both 1 and this one. I hope y'all make a 3. My mom and I love it. You should watch this.
May 31, 2017
Flashy, sleek, and sexy, Now You See Me hides a thin plot behind cool magical efforts and largely succeeds at an entertaining ride.
½ May 15, 2017
You really need to concentrate when watching this picture! Sometimes it is a bit unlogical and fast moving, but then again it is gripping and exiting!
½ May 1, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I honestly did not figure it out, and that is rare for me. Four magicians/illusionists basically team up to become Robin Hood - stealing from the rich and unworthy and giving to the poor and bamboozled. The magicians are fun loving and likable, but I would have preferred getting to know them better. A few twists to keep things interesting, with the major reveal actually surprising me.
April 22, 2017
Enjoyable fun, however it's a shame that movie special effects were used to do some of the 'magic' rather than keeping it real.
½ April 18, 2017
Points for keeping me entertained.
April 18, 2017
Great Concept.
Modern Day Robin Hood!

Biggest Pro: Re-watchable
Biggest Con: More character development
½ April 16, 2017
Lame overstated acting from what should be a reasonable cast is disappointing. The plot is ludicrous and nonsensical. Just shoddy but easy to watch if you switch mind right off.
April 9, 2017
This was the best movie I had seen in theaters from Hollywood in a LONG time. I left the theater happy and feeling like I had just been entertained. Hope to see more movies from Hollywood that get back to entertaining audiences.
April 8, 2017
I thought it was a good movie. Full of twists.
April 8, 2017
Nowhere near as smart as it tries to make you believe it is, but an entertaining enough romp nonetheless.
½ April 7, 2017
A stupid, pretentious, nonsensical movie that made me waste two whole hours of my life.