Now You See Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Now You See Me Reviews

½ February 15, 2018
This movie thinks its way smarter than it is
February 10, 2018
Watching this movie was like watching someone with ADHD tell a story: such unnecessary tangents. The bare minimum of entertaining to justify not turning off. The best part of the movie was how much Dave Franco kept getting shut down.
January 20, 2018
This is one of my favorite movies. I recommend it to everyone
January 18, 2018
The sequel is much better, but this was good too.
January 17, 2018
Really disappointing.
½ December 9, 2017
I was pleasantly surprised by this movie! It isn't perfect, but I had a lot of fun watching it. I thought it started out much better than it ended, but it was still very much worth watching. I would be able to watch this a few times for sure.
December 1, 2017
Best Movie In this genere
½ November 26, 2017
A pretty decent movie which portrays 5 magicians who carry out bank robbery during their performances.
½ November 16, 2017
Meh, very snazzy, but what was the point...?
½ November 11, 2017
Now You See Me stars a talented cast, has great visuals and the magic trick sequences are mind-blowing. However, it can be difficult to follow, the ending is idiotic, there isn't much character development and there is uneven editing in action sequences and I specifically mean ACTION sequences making it hard to see who's chasing who. Maybe that was intentional but come on, at least show some consistency instead of giving me a headache. Ok, fine, I like the movie a little more than most. But, then again, I've never been the best at criticizing movies though there were some I honestly really hated. One setback is that the film seems unsure of who its protagonist is. Is it the Four Horsemen or is it Mark Ruffalo? However, I still give credit for all the magic tricks and how the Horsemen are always one step ahead, even if things can be rather far-fetched. Didn't find the plot twists to be awful, though. Turn off your brain a little and this can be a passable, if uneven, caper movie.
October 29, 2017
So dumb, yet such an enjoyable movie!
½ October 29, 2017
Who doesn't love a good magic trick? Well me, if it's that complicated that I don't understand it. Thankfully, upon reflection (and a lot of help from Wikipedia), pieces of the jigsaw have fit together now, but the action is that fast paced, as are the explanations of the tricks, that I did find myself getting left behind. The cynical side to me thinks I'm just grouchy because I didn't guess who was behind all the mystery, so I'll be tempted to now make amends by watching the sequel that little bit more closely.
½ October 20, 2017
Just horrible. These actors should be embarrassed for being in such a horrible movie. I really like most of these actors, but this movie does not work. I kept watching thinking it might get better, but it never did. You couldn't pay me to watch the sequel.
½ October 20, 2017
The magic tricks aren't very believable, even after they're explained, and the twist at the end was a surprise because it wasn't sufficiently set up. "Now You See Me" is still fun and very entertaining.
October 14, 2017
Now You See Me is a Mystery / Crime film, it's about four magicians who are brought together to form a group called the four horseman. They use the shows as ways to take money from the rich and give to the poor, this leads to the police playing a cat and mouse game with them trying to catch and arrest them for the crimes they are committing bringing in Morgan Freeman - who's character tries to show how famous magicians do their tricks - to help them out. All of the magic done in this film can actually be done in real life, apparently they had real magicians on set to help them perform the tricks. Whilst we are on the topic of the magic pretty much all of the tricks really blew me away and most of the best bits of the film came from when the four horsemen where on the stage delivering their tricks. This is most prominent in the second film in which not much of the film takes place on stage but whilst they are on stage it feels like something really special. However, this does not take away from the rest of the film, especially the second one which I personally believe to be the better of the two. The first film has an all star cast with the four horseman being played by: Jesse Eisenberg, Dave Franco, Woody Harrelson and Isla Fisher. I feel like these guys all had good chemistry which slowly built over the course of the film with the beginning having them be quite arrogant, thinking they are the best magician to the end of the film when they become a really close group. The film also stars Morgan Freeman as I have already said, Micheal Caine and Mark Ruffalo. The ending of this film comes out of nowhere and it really shocked me however, the second time I watched this it kind of seemed out of place and it wasn't really suggested at all throughout the movie so it kind of seemed like a twist for no reason.
October 11, 2017
Good fun, as long as you don't think too much about it!
October 5, 2017
A truly terrible film. By the time the twist at the end arrived I had lost the will to live. I was annoyed with myself for seeing it out to the end. please don't make the same mistake!!
October 4, 2017
THEY MADE A SECOND ONE? Nope. Silly, lame, messy.
September 27, 2017
after long time watched a good movie... better than those 90+ ratings on rotten..
September 26, 2017
It's no Ocean's Eleven but it's fun.