Outsourced - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Outsourced Reviews

March 25, 2016
Loved it! The basis of the NBC tv series of the same name, this movie brings a deeper level of self exploration and a whole lot of heart. Relocated to India when his company outsources the order fulfillment department, Todd finds himself on a journey of discover what "fulfillment" really means.
November 14, 2015
I just found out about this one. I actually saw the show to which this movie was based. This is a pretty good one. A man moves to India to train a manager to replace him by outsourcing. In doing so the Indians learn about America and he learns about India. It's a good movie full of a culture not too many see.
September 16, 2015
Perhaps skipped over some of the less glamorous realities of outsourcing, both in developed countries from which those jobs are being taken to developing countries where they arrive. But a wonderful portrayal of what seemingly alien cultures can in fact teach one another...

#AvoidEthnocentrism
August 6, 2015
Really great movie!! Worth the watch!
July 4, 2015
A surprisingly entertaining film.
½ January 24, 2015
wife did not like.
ok for me.
½ January 24, 2015
Lovely little movie, a nice change from the typical rom-com. It got me interested, actually, in seeing other movies filmed in India (Marigold Hotel, for example). Usually when two cultures try to act together (eg. West / U.S. and Japanese) there's a disconnect, but not in this one. Good directing, I guess.
½ January 10, 2015
overall a good timepass flick
November 22, 2014
Had never heard of this west-meets-east movie.. but pounced on it when i came across it onboard the plane inflight movie menu! Likeable and believeable. I now wanna experience Holi colours too and 'holiday in Goa' too! ;)
½ September 11, 2014
Humorous treatment of a touchy subject in this country.
August 29, 2014
Gute Unterhaltung. Nice movie to relax
½ March 28, 2014
Simple with all the soap.
½ February 10, 2014
While not entirely original (it falls victim to some romantic comedy tropes), it is smartly written and features likable (if not generally underveloped) set of characters. It finds ways to touch upon cultural facets of India and fish out of water scenarios that are subtle and humorous while also being respectful. Granted, a lot of the humor may fly over a lof people's heads, given this is the case. Although most importantly, the central relationship is interesting and believable, and I have to give the writers credit for not taking it down the expected path. It's definitely recommended.
January 21, 2014
A tale regarding cross-cultural respect and understand.
½ November 11, 2013
A romantic-comedy about a white american having to deal with that his job has been outsourced to India, and now in order to keep his job he must travel to India and train the new employees. I originally did not want to this film, because of the how horrible I thought the NBC sitcom was. However, to this film's credit it does a great job of balancing the jokes and shows an appreciation for both cultures. This film also was not afraid to shy away from the poverty gap that is in India. While still finding time to makes jokes that were tasteful, and well thought-out. Overall it is a nice/decent film that can be worth a watch if up for it, but if you wait to long you probably wouldn't understand because call centers won't exist anymore due to the internet.
October 30, 2013
Not what I expected... more subtle and sensitive... much better.
August 14, 2013
Watched before July 2012
July 23, 2013
I will skip this one.
½ June 24, 2013
A funny and sweet comedy that also teaches you about economic situations.
½ May 30, 2013
I really enjoyed this cute, unique romantic comedy. It was pretty adorable and had some decently funny moments.

Anyways, 'Outsourced' is about a guy, Todd (Josh Hamilton) who is in charge of fulfillment for a novelty company in the US. When the company decides to outsource Todd's entire department he is assigned to travel to India to train his replacement. Between the culture shock and a little food poisoning, he could not be less happy to be there. That is until he meets feisty call center worker Asha (Ayesha Dharker).

I thought this movie was really good. It was a unique story for a romantic comedy and is definitely worth the watch. It's only a little over an hour and a half long so it's a great quick watch. I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did, considering what I knew about it before I started watching it (which was literally nothing).