Paris, Texas Reviews

• Apr 06, 2019

Harry Dean Stanton will always have my deepest respect and admiration, as I consider him one of the greatest actors in the American cinema world. However, he is primarily known for numerous supporting roles in different movies of his career which spanned over 65 years. Paris, Texas is a rare example of the movie where Stanton plays leading role and he made it perfectly. He has been able to show very different emotions on the screen, and watching him in this movie is a delight. I can say a lot of good words about Dean Stockwell's performance as well. The movie is a great story about peculiarities of the relations between child with his actual parents who abandoned him and the family who brought him up. In a sophisticated manner, the genre of road movie in the hands of Wenders gives a glimpse into the path of son and mother to be reunited and gives the fresh start, and drama of the man trying to get over the break-up which made him alien for several years. One the most important part of film is the director's work focusing on striking images and use of colours, especially green colour. Wenders is a great master to work with the sublime and delicate material.

• Feb 10, 2019

The absolute best movie of the 80s

The absolute best movie of the 80s

• Feb 05, 2019

Great story and acting.

Great story and acting.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Feb 05, 2019

While deceptively simple on the surface, this is a masterful example of screenwriting and storytelling that finds truth and poetry in the mundane and is centered on the kind of quietly nuanced characters that I guess any actor or actress would love to play once in their lives.

• Jan 16, 2019

Sorry, dear Mr. Shepard, but this was the Worst movie or play youï¿ 1/2(TM)ve ever been associated with. I mean, how many times is Travis going to pull out that wrinkled photo of Texas dirt? About halfway through I didnï¿ 1/2(TM)t care about any of the characters, and the closing monologues unleashed by Travis and Jane are tedious at best. There is no Power of Redemption, just Boredom. If this film won any awards they should be returned pronto.

• Sep 29, 2018

One of my favorite movies.

One of my favorite movies.

• Aug 25, 2018

I just watched this again for the first time in 35 years and it still holds up. The story even more so in an era which highlights abuse of women.

• Aug 20, 2018

A gentle story that nonetheless draws you into empathising with its characters. It pulls off a high-wire act of telling a story that is at once extraordinary and highly relatable. You will be deeply moved by its final scenes.

• Jul 11, 2018

If there was a camera recording my everyday life, I think the result would be faster and more entertaining than this. The guitar, the desert, a cliche theme, it seems to make it worse, though you may rescue something out of that.

• Jun 08, 2018

It's a pity that many goes movies goes un-noticed and underrated, but these types of melancholic flops are higher rated. Totally surreal theme and not an iota of pragmatic value. If it would have been categorized as a kids fantasy, that would have done it some good.