Pina - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pina Reviews

December 20, 2016
From the spectacular choreography of Rite of Spring to the melancholy of Café Müller, this documentary made by Wim Wenders (in a fabulous 3D) takes us on a fascinating journey into the work of an artist and her legacy in the development of the expressionist dance.
½ November 19, 2016
Exceptional choreography (you couldn't expect less from a film based on the work of Pina Bausch) combined with amazing photography. A visual spectacle.
½ July 28, 2016
4.5/5

While it relies almost too much on documenting the work left behind by Pina, her legacy is unquestionable and the way the documentary crew connects with her crew makes for a familiar, melancholic but plain beautiful experience.
½ June 27, 2016
To me Pina was not surreal, she was quite real - life.
January 8, 2016
am vazut 30 de minute cu cristina barbu
December 31, 2015
Good excepted better since the trailer was off the hook!
½ December 2, 2015
There is no loss of humanity when Pina Bausch makes the body more of an object of movement than a person.
½ November 12, 2015
Has a few fleeting wonderful moments, but then keeps going back to stuff that isn't as good. Beautiful photography and staging, the talent in front of the camera (or behind) is never in question. Most of it just isn't for me.
August 1, 2015
Homenaje de Wim Wenders a la fallecida coreógrafa alemana Pina Bausch, en donde sus ex alumnos le rinden tributo recreando sus más famosas coreografías (como Café Müller), en un documental entre lo experimental y lo testimonial, que atrapa por la hipnótica belleza de sus bailes, y la excelente musicalización.
July 5, 2015
A magical and unforgettable tribute to Pina Bausch offers far more than you might be expecting to find. A must see film.
½ June 28, 2015
I'm sure this was a beautiful tribute to the dancer/choreographer, and I wanted to like it but I found myself bored and wondering how much longer it was going to be.
June 28, 2015
Pina

This is a warm, detailed, and loving retelling of the life and work of Pina Bausch. Let me first say, I saw this movie alone, so my wakefulness is the only thing that counts.

Let me also say that I've studied dance - as an amature, but I have studied it. Does this make me an expert? Certainly not! It does make me predisposed to loving beautiful dancing however, so if you're not really into dancing (like my husband) this will not be the movie for you.

I also found this movie a little strange. The people were strange, some of the dancing was strange and it all took about 10-15 minutes of getting used to. But like a refreshing dip in a pool on a hot day, once I adjusted my schema for things new and unusual, I thoroughly enjoyed my swim through this enchanting flick.

This movie is like a moving painting that you could watch over and over again. The dancers are graceful, athletic and haunting in their storytelling.

Let it also be said that there are some beautiful mature dancers in this film which I also enjoyed. They encouraged me and inspired me (amature that I am) and made me believe that age has nothing to do with being able to enjoy watching and executing extraordinary dancing.

A beautiful and moving homage to a spectacular dancer and choreographer.

100% wakefulness
December 3, 2014
Watching this film again 3 years later .. I fell even more deeply in love with this film. Approach it with your heart, not your mind, & you will feel yourself open up, & amazed at the depth of feelings expressed in this movie. It surely makes you want to feel the full depths of your feelings, to express openly, & to dance!
½ September 5, 2014
Some great moments, but Pina is a little too artsy and 'modern' even for me.
½ September 3, 2014
Beautiful, moving and unforgettable. This is a must-see film.
July 22, 2014
In a word: stunning. Rent in 3D if possible.
July 14, 2014
Big shame that the DVD interview with director Wenders is virtually unlistenable due to unmuffled room echo. Apart from that, an inspirational film for dance aficionados (more difficult if you're not one).
April 6, 2014
Pina

A beautiful and moving homage to a spectacular dancer and choreographer.

100% wakefulness
March 29, 2014
Inspiring. Dance. Dance. Otherwise we are lost.
½ February 17, 2014
If this is your thing, then I'm sure that Pina is excellent.