Planes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Planes Reviews

August 11, 2017
Planes. A spin-off of Cars. It's terrible. So terrible that Pixar chose not to get involved. Even Cars 2 had enough redeeming qualities to be OK by regular movie standards. The animation is as visually stunning as anyone who's watched a Disney movie will have come to expect. And it does send a decent message towards children. But it's all weighed down by how much of a disappointment this is. Since it was meant to be a direct-to-DVD movie, I think it was destined to suck. Which is a shame since Disney's direct-to-DVD movies are the best direct-to-DVD movies to date. Which really isn't saying much, except maybe for The Lion Kings II and 1 1/2. The sole purpose for why this movie was made was to sell toys. Seriously, this film has one of the most toyetic approaches I have ever seen. And there's a predictable story, you know Dusty's going to win. And good luck winning an audience over with Dane Cook in the lead role. A comedian that many people dislike. At least Owen Wilson had the Wes Anderson movies he starred in. Some stereotypes too. Not racist on the same level as the twins from Transformers 2, but still somewhat stereotypical. At least they cast an actual Indian actress as Dusty's potential girlfriend. I found the race sequences to be a bit unengaging, especially coming off of the heels of the Cars trilogy. I'm sticking with talking cars accidentally entering themselves in a demolition derby from Cars 3 or all those awesome action sequences from Cars 2. Planes: it is what it is. A generic cash grab made by Disney only to profit off of children, who serve as the Cars franchise's principal fanbase despite some colourful animation and a message with good intentions. Sorry, I just didn't like it as much as I had hoped for since it's sort-of Pixar, although it's not.
August 4, 2017
It's a bit of a cliché story, with a humble character (Dusty) that dreams to be a racer but his limited of what he is, but eventually he achive that goal. Still it's entertaining enough and with really good animation, and races scenes.

|It's a 6,5 out of 10|
July 18, 2017
OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! BEST MOVIE EVER!!! (HATERS ARE GONNA HATE.) I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS, I ABSOLUTELY LOOOVE THIS MOVIE!!
July 10, 2017
So I saw part of this movie and I was not interested in the movie
July 9, 2017
This is the worst Pixar film I have ever Seen! It's not funny or inspiring and has a boring plot. DO NOT watch
½ June 7, 2017
This makes Cars 2 look great
May 26, 2017
OK, just by looking at the trailers and commercials alone, there's no way this looked like it was gonna be good, even if it's a Disney movie, and oh my, is this one of Disney's subpar movies.
April 29, 2017
One of the few poor movies from disney. I am not a fan of cars but it wasn't so bad. This one feels a bit like a copycat milking the audience kind of movie. We watched at home and even the kids gave up on the movie midway.
March 18, 2017
It Is A Semi-Carbon Copy Of Cars & For That Reason It Rates Lower, But By No Means Is It The Worst Of What Is Out There. There Is All The Usual Story-Line Ingredients, Laughs, Good-Vibes & An Underdog Story With Heart.. So Really, It's Not All That Bad. I Think The Critics Were Too Harsh.
March 2, 2017
Man this was so predictable when it start you new he was going to win
February 14, 2017
Planes is pretty bad, it's like cars 2 times ten
½ February 1, 2017
It's good butt not good enough as car was
½ January 7, 2017
Surprised that Lasseter put his name on this one, or maybe the "Story by John Lasseter" was just to acknowledge that this was a total ripoff from his excellent movie Cars, down to the last supporting character. Well made but lacklustre.
½ December 4, 2016
1 word: Ew. I watched this when I was a child and still was anxious to get out of the theater. Worst disney movie ever.
November 6, 2016
Planes is a dull spinoff from a dull Disney film, with a generic plot, flatly realized characters and a familiar message that has been done to death.
October 24, 2016
I enjoyed the movie.
October 21, 2016
More big eyed CGI vehicles with famous voices. Cars is a great film but this spin-off film although just doesn't hit the spot in the end despite very early promise.
October 18, 2016
Worst animated spinoff
September 18, 2016
Sadly this film was a complete let down. After Cars being such a great film and it receiving a sequel I was expecting a spin off film like Planes to still be as good but it lacked so much! The story was poor and clearly a quick cheap way for Disney to make some extra money.
September 17, 2016