Pulse Reviews

• Feb 17, 2020

I remember this scaring me as a young girl, but upon rewatching it... I was underwhelmed, and bored.

• Jan 22, 2020

The idea was there but the execution was not. With a solid cast you think this would have worked out better. Probably worth a skip even for the biggest Wes Craven fans.

• Dec 05, 2019

Pulse is one of the best examples of how a great foreign film can be massacred by Americanizing it- this abomination of a movie is a remake of a Japanese film of the same name. However, whilst the original was exciting and scary, this one is dull and dreary. This is an atrocious script, and it doesn't help that Sonzero is clueless about what to do with it. Bell and Somerhalder lack energy and charisma, but that could be more a function of the material than their abilities. The CGI effects are inferior to those I've seen in state-of-the-art computer games, and someone should clue the filmmakers into the fact that dim lighting and desaturated color do not in and of themselves generate atmosphere. Sitting through this movie is a joyless chore. Pulse doesn't have one. In general, I like horror, but the watered-down PG-13 content of movies like Pulse is depressing. It's not scary, it's not chilling, and it's not interesting.

• Oct 05, 2019

I've seen snuff films with better character development

I've seen snuff films with better character development

• Jul 17, 2019

I Honestly do not know how this got such bad reviews as this is one of the best horror movies I've seen. It has a dark and "empty" atmosphere with shades of blues and greys which is one of the reasons why it got so low as it was a disturbing movie coupled with great special effect deaths and shocking scares. Even one of the pitfalls it has might be there are so many scares that legitimately disturb you from the great cinematography and special effects! There was really only 1 pressing issue and it is that it's too short; usually horror films are well paced but this one was just a bit too fast paced and could be extended by maybe 15-30 minutes. The acting was good too it is just strange how this got such a bad wrap, Especially from Kristen Bell which was an excellent career-builder and is probably directly how she got such great roles such as Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It is just too short and too fast; if it had More scenes it would be a lot better (assuming the scenes were just as high quality) with extended scenes of each by maybe 1-5 seconds per. If you like scary horror watch this at night in the dark and enjoy the ride! Also the male actor could have done a better job.

• Dec 25, 2018

ITS REEALY REALY REALY BAD

ITS REEALY REALY REALY BAD

• Nov 14, 2018

Haven't seen the J-horror version but it has to be significantly better than this considering all the praise it gets. This was very dumb and not scary at all. The premise had potential in the beginning but then quickly slid into an ineffective bad horror movie.

• Oct 09, 2018

Basically "The Ring" being contacted and conjured into an opened portal through the ouija internet with ridiculous, elliptical narrative. After watching this rushed attempt of another domesticized story of a Japanese tale, it's obvious whilst unseen that the original could be a better offering in terms of deliverance. (C)

• Mar 22, 2018

Wow-some crappy movie is just bad!

Wow-some crappy movie is just bad!

• Feb 05, 2018

i enjoyed the movie. Had a great beginning and a great ending. It was interesting to see ghosts in a digital world.