Punch-Drunk Love Reviews

• Aug 07, 2019

Adam Sandler has betrayed his fans. Stick to comedy. Don't listen to the critics.

• Jul 11, 2019

One of the smartest and most unique romantic comedies I've ever seen. Instead of playing one of his usual roles as an annoying, bumbling idiot, Adam Sandler wonderfully portrays a relatable character who is kind-hearted, soulful, and searching for love. I absolutely loved Sandler in this movie, and wish more of his roles were more like this one.

• Jul 10, 2019

Personnages attachants et intrigants (surtout celui joué par Adam Sandler), mais scénario trop simpliste. Au final film assez lent, porté par le talent des acteurs et une certaine dose d'humour.

• Jun 27, 2019

I kinda wish it was longer and took more time with some of the characters, but I thought Punch-Drunk Love was a weird but enjoyable romantic dark comedy that is very well-directed by P.T. Anderson and has arguably Adam Sandler's best performance of his career.

• Jun 13, 2019

"Punch-Drunk Love" is a rom-com that's so different in all kinds of different points of view. It's like you want to dance with such love as Sandler's Barry who is also happy and strong after falling in love. This film has its own visualization and Sandler is really a star of the movie. The cinematography, plot, script, character, music, you can count it and analyze it all the way. It's really an arthouse Adam Sandler film. And again, will he still play the witty character yet humongous comedy movie or he starts to see this movie while thinking of making something new? No one knows.

• May 25, 2019

A thoroughly delightful, wonderfully weird romantic comedy that will at turns have you scratching your head and grinning with sheer delight. Adam Sandler gives his best, most vulnerable, most 'real' performance here. As strange as his character is, he is always relatable on some level. Emily Watson is always perpetually watchable and plays her also somewhat strange role perfectly. The supporting cast is all great, especially Rajskub and Guzman. While not Paul Thomas Anderson's usual affair, Punch Drunk Love is a fine effort and one that is sure to delight.

• Apr 21, 2019

Anyone who wants proof that Adam Sandler should just stick to his stupid fart jokes, the look here.

• Apr 08, 2019

Paul Thomas Anderson described Punch-Drunk Love as an art house Adam Sandler film, which pretty accurately describes this. Roger Ebert said Anderson criticized Sandler's films by making one of his own. In this movie Sandler plays a Happy Gilmore-like character as a real person rather than as a cartoon, and the people around him react more like actual people. Sandler plays his character with depth and nuance, which makes his later low-brow comedies more frustrating to watch now that we know what he is capable of. We might not approve of everything his character does, but we understand why he does it, even better than he does. Captivating film.

• Mar 08, 2019

Sandler at his best - a beautiful movie

Sandler at his best - a beautiful movie

• Feb 25, 2019

Punch-Drunk Love: A odd and unique and refreshing love story thats sometimes touching, sometimes funny and someitmes insuferable, with a unexpected and great preformance from Adam Sandler and smart idiosycrant direction from Paul Thomas Anderson, one with graceful symbolism and powerful themes, makes Punch-Drunk Love worth a watch