Rebel in the Rye Reviews

• Jan 05, 2019

I enjoyed this tremendously

I enjoyed this tremendously

• Dec 31, 2018

Rebel in the Rye is a decent film. It is about life of celebrated but reclusive author, J.D. Salinger. Nicholas Hoult and Victor Garber give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Danny Strong did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.

• Jul 01, 2018

Modesto biopic sobre el escritor Salinger, nada sobresaliente.

Modesto biopic sobre el escritor Salinger, nada sobresaliente.

• Jun 02, 2018

We've seen the tortured Artist biopic (JD Salinger this go round) many a time and the cliches are here, but nonetheless well done, well acted, and worth seeing.

• Apr 16, 2018

Excellent movie about a difficult subject. If it weren't for WWII, J. D. Salinger's life would've been, in appearance, the most boring ever. But in his head were the thoughts and feelings we all shared and he had the unique talent to express it perfectly. As a fan, it's almost embarrassing to be interested in his personal life when he so desperately wanted to stay separate from Holden Caulfield. As a pennance I will read the book for the nth time.

• Mar 26, 2018

Just came across this movie. Don't even remember hearing about it. I have read no reviews, nor have I researched anything about it. I did recognize a few of the actors but was not influenced by that much. I hoped as a follower of Salinger and his work, that I wouldn't find it cheesy. I loved it.

• Jan 23, 2018

It's very sad we that don't see Mr. Spacey these days anymore! Hope see him on the silver screen soon.

• Jan 16, 2018

Is this Kevin Spacey's last movie? JD Salinger's quest to write Catch in the Rye is told about a man, troubled before, becomes more so after WWII. The journey to writing one of the most important novels of the 20th century is told here. the impact of its success and the aftermath is told. In the end, according to the movie, writing became Salinger's "religion" more than anything else. (Was the last writing published in 1965?) this tells the tale of an artist; interesting.

• Jan 11, 2018

A paint by numbers bio pic. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm thankful for this film though, because I just reread The Catcher in the Rye, and it's even better than I remember.

• Dec 30, 2017

Absolutely fantastic film!!! Loved every second of it!

Absolutely fantastic film!!! Loved every second of it!