Red - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Reviews

½ March 19, 2017
Standing for Retired Extremely Dangerous, RED takes as it's premise a disparate group of ex-spies, who are suddenly (and inexplicably) tagged for assassination.

Of course, these are no ordinary spies: we're talking here of the likes of Willis, Freeman, Malkovich and Mirren, so you can guess what is going to happen: the fun comes not so much from guessing what, but from how it is going to unravel.

Reminded me somewhat of a mix between "Salt" (the spy game) and "The Expendables" (all the old actors getting together again): enjoyable enough diversion for a few hours that I may well watch again when it comes on TV, but wouldn't be rushing out to see it again or to buy the DVD.
March 5, 2017
I put off watchimg this for a long time...just didnt interest me...my friends kept telling me it was really good....finally watched it and i liked it alot
February 13, 2017
Fairly basic action vehicle with some great gun fu scenes, with the added twist of the protagonist characters being largely "over the hill", even if the actors who portrayed them don't seem to be so much. Slightly distracting is the concept that Willis and Parker have a romance going on when it seems that he's conceptually old enough to be either her father or grandfather, and sadly Freeman suffers a too-well-worn fate for the token African-American, but this is all forgivable considering the good humour, the chance to see Mirren go nuts with sniper rifles and submachineguns, plus the bonus of Willis in a brutal hand-to-hand with the ever-likeable Urban.
February 10, 2017
A highly entertaining action/comedy film about a team of retired cia agents being hunted down for a previous mission they took part in. With an ensemble cast and a healthy mix of action and hilarity, red will keep you amused from start to finish.
½ February 1, 2017
Amusing enough movie about a retired CIA operative who is forced back into action when someone wants him killed. He gathers a team of similar folk and off they go creating havock. This is essentially John Wick meets the Expendibles. It's dark subject matter is treated quite lightly actually, which is quite nice. Willis is good, but Helen Mirren steals the show for me.
January 31, 2017
Light, witty and fun take on the "retired assassin comes back for one more job" movie.

Grade: A-
January 31, 2017
Robert Schwentke delivers a solid, well acted and entertaining ride. The camera is positioned well and the visual style is gorgeous, but the films charm comes from its humour, cast, and its overall arcs that our main protagonist goes through.
½ January 22, 2017
This is one of my new go-to movies. It doesn't get old. It gets funnier every time I see it. Great ensemble cast!
½ January 9, 2017
Great ending, rough middle, good beginning.
January 6, 2017
This was not a bad movie, but I have to ask - was there anything memorable about it? Can anyone say, "I know Hollywood keeps making the same kind of movies, but *this* is different?" I really want to have a conversation with any such person.
January 1, 2017
A great action film. Good story improved by Bruce Willis's performance.
½ December 31, 2016
This was a great start to this awesome concept. I feel like I need to watch this more. I have seen the second, and I like them equally.
December 28, 2016
Average comic based movie.
December 21, 2016
Ok movie starring Bruce Willis, 3 old famous people and some young girl that Bruce Willis's character loves for some odd reason, he's like 15 years older than her. Another thing is that at the beginning it says that this is a dc comics movie, like what, I was shocked , this doesn't feel or act in any way a superhero movie, and why make this movie in the first place , like who asked for this , nobody, it's just a movie that's going to go for 1 dollar on black Friday, yeah the action is good but that's all this movie has. It's just a generic kill the bad guy get the girl movie, nothing special, well except old guys killing people but besides the old people killing that's all this movie has.
½ November 26, 2016
Red is a smart, slick, funny thriller with an excellent cast and great direction.
November 23, 2016
Shockingly fun movie.
November 8, 2016
Exactly as good as you'd expect: stylish, funny, action-packed (the chase, the explosions, the epic fist fight, the siege, the big shoot-out); great soundtrack, crisp dialogues, witty humour. You can't help but relish the way those elements of the textbook action thriller come together along with the more subversive moments. But above all the cast is flawless: Malkovich and Mirren especially are perfect and their chemistry with Willis and Freeman is radiant. Extra kudos for Parker and Dreyfuss.
October 30, 2016
Mezcla de comedia y accion con un reparto capaz de mantener a flote los 111 de metraje. Buena opcion para una tarde de miercoles.
October 26, 2016
All star cast, making an all star movie what's not to like
September 30, 2016
Classic espionage comedy film!