Red - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Reviews

½ April 11, 2017
I will freely admit to liking this film more than I should, but what can I say, I watched it in the right frame of mind to be charmed by the cast of older stars who completely OWN their younger counterparts in any given situation.

Now I just need to go and read the Warren Ellis comics as well, just because he's never let me down.

Worth a rental.
½ April 6, 2017
Funny movie .. lots of innacuracies but very entertaining to watch!!!
March 30, 2017
Il ritmo dinamico e frenetico rende la visione tutto sommato apprezzabile, piena di azione e scene movimentate. Alcune scene sono un po' forzate e il film in generale presenta una serie di scelte a dir poco discutibili, ma tutto sommato nel complesso merita una piena sufficienza per il suo stile frizzante e la grande facilitÓ con cui intrattiene una vasta gamma di pubblico.
½ March 26, 2017
Fun action film that shines mainly for it's cast & sharp writing. The actors all have fun in their roles, with Willis giving another solid action performance while Helen Mirren has a ball as a stone-cold British assassin. The scene stealer, though, is John Malkovich as their eccentric compatriot, who whether clutching a stuffed pig or craving pancakes, brings a smile with every moment. Behind the camera, director Robert Schwentke keeps the action running smoothly and writers Erich Hoeber's & Jon Hoeber's screenplay, while very distance from the original comic, delivers lots of fun moments & witty dialogue (the fact these killers are actually better with age is nicely referenced). Overall, a fun, dumb action film well worth viewing.
March 24, 2017
Campy fun! John Malkovich in particular is hilarious. The premise is utterly absurd but the film goes with it the whole way.
March 23, 2017
Feels rather like the cinematic equivalent of Status Quo. Embarrassing.
March 23, 2017
Liked this one, I love low budget action movies, this was just fun to watch.
½ March 19, 2017
Standing for Retired Extremely Dangerous, RED takes as it's premise a disparate group of ex-spies, who are suddenly (and inexplicably) tagged for assassination.

Of course, these are no ordinary spies: we're talking here of the likes of Willis, Freeman, Malkovich and Mirren, so you can guess what is going to happen: the fun comes not so much from guessing what, but from how it is going to unravel.

Reminded me somewhat of a mix between "Salt" (the spy game) and "The Expendables" (all the old actors getting together again): enjoyable enough diversion for a few hours that I may well watch again when it comes on TV, but wouldn't be rushing out to see it again or to buy the DVD.
March 5, 2017
I put off watchimg this for a long time...just didnt interest me...my friends kept telling me it was really good....finally watched it and i liked it alot
February 13, 2017
Fairly basic action vehicle with some great gun fu scenes, with the added twist of the protagonist characters being largely "over the hill", even if the actors who portrayed them don't seem to be so much. Slightly distracting is the concept that Willis and Parker have a romance going on when it seems that he's conceptually old enough to be either her father or grandfather, and sadly Freeman suffers a too-well-worn fate for the token African-American, but this is all forgivable considering the good humour, the chance to see Mirren go nuts with sniper rifles and submachineguns, plus the bonus of Willis in a brutal hand-to-hand with the ever-likeable Urban.
February 10, 2017
A highly entertaining action/comedy film about a team of retired cia agents being hunted down for a previous mission they took part in. With an ensemble cast and a healthy mix of action and hilarity, red will keep you amused from start to finish.
½ February 1, 2017
Amusing enough movie about a retired CIA operative who is forced back into action when someone wants him killed. He gathers a team of similar folk and off they go creating havock. This is essentially John Wick meets the Expendibles. It's dark subject matter is treated quite lightly actually, which is quite nice. Willis is good, but Helen Mirren steals the show for me.
January 31, 2017
Light, witty and fun take on the "retired assassin comes back for one more job" movie.

Grade: A-
January 31, 2017
Robert Schwentke delivers a solid, well acted and entertaining ride. The camera is positioned well and the visual style is gorgeous, but the films charm comes from its humour, cast, and its overall arcs that our main protagonist goes through.
½ January 22, 2017
This is one of my new go-to movies. It doesn't get old. It gets funnier every time I see it. Great ensemble cast!
½ January 9, 2017
Great ending, rough middle, good beginning.
January 6, 2017
This was not a bad movie, but I have to ask - was there anything memorable about it? Can anyone say, "I know Hollywood keeps making the same kind of movies, but *this* is different?" I really want to have a conversation with any such person.
January 1, 2017
A great action film. Good story improved by Bruce Willis's performance.
½ December 31, 2016
This was a great start to this awesome concept. I feel like I need to watch this more. I have seen the second, and I like them equally.
December 28, 2016
Average comic based movie.