Red - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Reviews

½ January 9, 2017
Great ending, rough middle, good beginning.
January 6, 2017
This was not a bad movie, but I have to ask - was there anything memorable about it? Can anyone say, "I know Hollywood keeps making the same kind of movies, but *this* is different?" I really want to have a conversation with any such person.
January 1, 2017
A great action film. Good story improved by Bruce Willis's performance.
½ December 31, 2016
This was a great start to this awesome concept. I feel like I need to watch this more. I have seen the second, and I like them equally.
December 28, 2016
Average comic based movie.
December 21, 2016
Ok movie starring Bruce Willis, 3 old famous people and some young girl that Bruce Willis's character loves for some odd reason, he's like 15 years older than her. Another thing is that at the beginning it says that this is a dc comics movie, like what, I was shocked , this doesn't feel or act in any way a superhero movie, and why make this movie in the first place , like who asked for this , nobody, it's just a movie that's going to go for 1 dollar on black Friday, yeah the action is good but that's all this movie has. It's just a generic kill the bad guy get the girl movie, nothing special, well except old guys killing people but besides the old people killing that's all this movie has.
½ November 26, 2016
Red is a smart, slick, funny thriller with an excellent cast and great direction.
November 23, 2016
Shockingly fun movie.
November 8, 2016
Exactly as good as you'd expect: stylish, funny, action-packed (the chase, the explosions, the epic fist fight, the siege, the big shoot-out); great soundtrack, crisp dialogues, witty humour. You can't help but relish the way those elements of the textbook action thriller come together along with the more subversive moments. But above all the cast is flawless: Malkovich and Mirren especially are perfect and their chemistry with Willis and Freeman is radiant. Extra kudos for Parker and Dreyfuss.
October 30, 2016
Mezcla de comedia y accion con un reparto capaz de mantener a flote los 111 de metraje. Buena opcion para una tarde de miercoles.
October 26, 2016
All star cast, making an all star movie what's not to like
September 30, 2016
Classic espionage comedy film!
September 23, 2016
My favorite color is ruined with this film and its sequel.
½ September 19, 2016
Never being anything more than a tongue-in-cheek finger poke at the action movie genre, but never pretending to be, Red is, when you boil it down, too similar to many other films of this nature to be significantly subversive or satirical, but doesn't feel too stodgy that it's never enjoyable. Most of the laughs come from the hugely talented cast and their world-weary dialogue, much of which you can imagine the actors themselves uttering. It's great to see acclaimed, classical actors like Helen Mirren looking so at ease with a sniper rifle and reminiscing about the good old days of covert assassinations. I'd be lying if I said I was constantly entertained, since the film often takes a long time to establish characters and plot points, and could do with a fair bit being cut. Overall it's a mostly fun flick that doesn't try too hard to be overbearing or too little to be ignorable. If you like the actors involved, chances are you'll like the film.
September 18, 2016
It's efficient in every way -- it's quick, entertaining, and clever -- and directed with assurance and clarity. Great action comedy, easily digestible; perfect for mindless late night/early morning movie watching that's not aggravatingly dumb.
September 17, 2016
Quirky, fun with some decent action.
½ September 15, 2016
It was very good movie watched with friends at Cinema.
½ September 4, 2016
Classic Bruce Willis film with good guys vs Bad guys with a good amount of firepower.
August 29, 2016
A modern action comedy capable of blending two genres
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Good film it's like Expendables cute little brother, A great well told story, Nice action scenes and full of funny humour, Worth watching, But if its mindless action you want watch the Expendables.