Red - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Reviews

½ December 9, 2017
It may not be the non-stop thrill ride you might expect, but Red makes the most of its all-star cast, all of whom are at the top of their game. I feel like Bruce Willis had been phoning it in in the early 21st century, particularly in the more recent Die Hard sequels, but his strong performance in Red is a pleasant surprise. Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, Karl Urban, Brian Cox, and Mary-Louise Parker are all great as well, and John Malkovich steals the show as Marvin Boggs. The film's well-shot action and consistently great humor add to the fun. The script is expertly written and filled with memorable lines and one-liners, and the comic book-style and postcard transitions are the icing on the cake.
½ September 21, 2017
This is entertaining, clever, and funny and has a great cast.
September 10, 2017
Awesome one! Very reminiscent to Edgar Wright ^_^
September 6, 2017
With an extremely talented cast, RED delivers on the action and laughs that these talented actors and actresses are known for.
August 20, 2017
Frank is Cool, but Malkovich steals the movie.
August 20, 2017
John Malkovich is the one who makes this movie enjoyable :D
August 13, 2017
I blame the directory and screenwriter for this horribly directed and written mess. It appears the director was simple enamored with the cast and let them play it however they wanted, and the result was painful to watch. Bruce Willis played it all wrong and his 'love interest' (wow, was that laughable) had ZERO chemistry and that ham-handed grandfather mauling kiss at the end almost made me lose my lunch.

"you're in love with her... I can tell" was the most laughable line in the move. My wife and I can't stop laughing over that one.

The rest of the cast was passable for a 'light comedy' but Willis and the 'love interest' were either terribly under directed or horribly miss-cast.
½ July 4, 2017
The Storyline from the beginning doesn't even make sense. Useless movie.
June 4, 2017
Solid fun. Great actors having fun
May 5, 2017
You know I do think it's a mystery movie but not a comedy it seems to me like this movie is intense I saw this movie on tv and I'm saying don't watch this!!
April 29, 2017
Great cast, fun, entertaining and mildly funny...that's about it
½ April 11, 2017
I will freely admit to liking this film more than I should, but what can I say, I watched it in the right frame of mind to be charmed by the cast of older stars who completely OWN their younger counterparts in any given situation.

Now I just need to go and read the Warren Ellis comics as well, just because he's never let me down.

Worth a rental.
½ April 6, 2017
Funny movie .. lots of innacuracies but very entertaining to watch!!!
March 30, 2017
Il ritmo dinamico e frenetico rende la visione tutto sommato apprezzabile, piena di azione e scene movimentate. Alcune scene sono un po' forzate e il film in generale presenta una serie di scelte a dir poco discutibili, ma tutto sommato nel complesso merita una piena sufficienza per il suo stile frizzante e la grande facilitÓ con cui intrattiene una vasta gamma di pubblico.
½ March 26, 2017
Fun action film that shines mainly for it's cast & sharp writing. The actors all have fun in their roles, with Willis giving another solid action performance while Helen Mirren has a ball as a stone-cold British assassin. The scene stealer, though, is John Malkovich as their eccentric compatriot, who whether clutching a stuffed pig or craving pancakes, brings a smile with every moment. Behind the camera, director Robert Schwentke keeps the action running smoothly and writers Erich Hoeber's & Jon Hoeber's screenplay, while very distance from the original comic, delivers lots of fun moments & witty dialogue (the fact these killers are actually better with age is nicely referenced). Overall, a fun, dumb action film well worth viewing.
March 24, 2017
Campy fun! John Malkovich in particular is hilarious. The premise is utterly absurd but the film goes with it the whole way.
March 23, 2017
Feels rather like the cinematic equivalent of Status Quo. Embarrassing.
March 23, 2017
Liked this one, I love low budget action movies, this was just fun to watch.
½ March 19, 2017
Standing for Retired Extremely Dangerous, RED takes as it's premise a disparate group of ex-spies, who are suddenly (and inexplicably) tagged for assassination.

Of course, these are no ordinary spies: we're talking here of the likes of Willis, Freeman, Malkovich and Mirren, so you can guess what is going to happen: the fun comes not so much from guessing what, but from how it is going to unravel.

Reminded me somewhat of a mix between "Salt" (the spy game) and "The Expendables" (all the old actors getting together again): enjoyable enough diversion for a few hours that I may well watch again when it comes on TV, but wouldn't be rushing out to see it again or to buy the DVD.