Red - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Reviews

½ October 24, 2016
A heavily stylised, yet fun-filled action-comedy that's everything 'The Expendables' tried so hard to be. Featuring a fantastic cast of acting veterans including Willis, Freeman, Malkovich, Mirren, Cox, Borgine, Dreyfuss - the list goes on, 'RED' doesn't hold back and instantly lures the audience into a world of espionage and thrills. Sure it might not be the 'Die Hard' of action films, but its a humour-induced action thrill-ride that leaves its audience clenching to the edge of their seats, whether through the spectacular action scenes, the stylish visuals or clever wit. It is a fantastic vista of genre blend.
September 30, 2016
Classic espionage comedy film!
September 23, 2016
My favorite color is ruined with this film and its sequel.
½ September 19, 2016
Never being anything more than a tongue-in-cheek finger poke at the action movie genre, but never pretending to be, Red is, when you boil it down, too similar to many other films of this nature to be significantly subversive or satirical, but doesn't feel too stodgy that it's never enjoyable. Most of the laughs come from the hugely talented cast and their world-weary dialogue, much of which you can imagine the actors themselves uttering. It's great to see acclaimed, classical actors like Helen Mirren looking so at ease with a sniper rifle and reminiscing about the good old days of covert assassinations. I'd be lying if I said I was constantly entertained, since the film often takes a long time to establish characters and plot points, and could do with a fair bit being cut. Overall it's a mostly fun flick that doesn't try too hard to be overbearing or too little to be ignorable. If you like the actors involved, chances are you'll like the film.
September 18, 2016
It's efficient in every way -- it's quick, entertaining, and clever -- and directed with assurance and clarity. Great action comedy, easily digestible; perfect for mindless late night/early morning movie watching that's not aggravatingly dumb.
September 17, 2016
Quirky, fun with some decent action.
½ September 15, 2016
It was very good movie watched with friends at Cinema.
½ September 4, 2016
Classic Bruce Willis film with good guys vs Bad guys with a good amount of firepower.
August 29, 2016
A modern action comedy capable of blending two genres
July 29, 2016
Good film it's like Expendables cute little brother, A great well told story, Nice action scenes and full of funny humour, Worth watching, But if its mindless action you want watch the Expendables.
½ July 24, 2016
This is a pretty good caper. It's based on a comic book apparently so it's outlandish and over the top, but it's fun with it. I didn't like the lounge music all the way through, that's really my only main gripe with it. Other than that, it moves along at a good nip, lots of interesting and different locations, quite funny in parts. There were a couple of nice twists that, while I saw them coming, I was happy when they came.

Yeah, not bad at all. I'll have to go watch the sequel now.
½ July 16, 2016
Funny Action-Adventure Blast!

Originally Written November 25, 2010--
After surviving an assault from a squad of hit men, retired CIA agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) reassembles his old team for an all-out war. Frank reunites with old Joe (Morgan Freeman), crazy Marvin (John Malkovich) and wily Victoria (Helen Mirren) to uncover a massive conspiracy that threatens their lives. Only their expert training will allow them to survive a near-impossible mission -- breaking into CIA headquarters. What a funny, action-adventure blast! Willis is brilliant in this role as a retired CIA agent who assembles a team as eccentric as they are deadly! So funny and exciting at the same time. It's like Die Hard meets Ghostbusters! Four-and-a-half stars.
July 16, 2016
An amazing and thoroughly amusing film, it is probably one of the best films that I have ever seen. The cinematography at the start and the action at the end thoroughly compliment the comedy throughout. This film is definetely one of my top 10 favourites.
½ July 11, 2016
some bits were funny. others less. Shame it was focused on Brucey, would have preferred it to be more interested in the other oldies' lives
July 10, 2016
Malkovich is hilarious
July 1, 2016
I love it when I watch a movie and the cast seems to be having loads of fun in it, and with a cast like this one, it is really fun to watch. Red isn't revolutionary by any means, but it has the feeling of being very rewatchable for me. I throughly enjoyed the great special effects and the over the top, but still fun action. Red is the definition of a fun film to watch, but it doesn't quite live up to what it could be, still a very good time though
½ June 26, 2016
better than i expected. had quite a few twists..
June 25, 2016
They're old. It's kind of OK I guess.
June 9, 2016
Great film. Helen Mirren is badass.