Red - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Reviews

½ November 26, 2016
Red is a smart, slick, funny thriller with an excellent cast and great direction.
November 23, 2016
Shockingly fun movie.
November 8, 2016
Exactly as good as you'd expect: stylish, funny, action-packed (the chase, the explosions, the epic fist fight, the siege, the big shoot-out); great soundtrack, crisp dialogues, witty humour. You can't help but relish the way those elements of the textbook action thriller come together along with the more subversive moments. But above all the cast is flawless: Malkovich and Mirren especially are perfect and their chemistry with Willis and Freeman is radiant. Extra kudos for Parker and Dreyfuss.
October 30, 2016
Mezcla de comedia y accion con un reparto capaz de mantener a flote los 111 de metraje. Buena opcion para una tarde de miercoles.
October 26, 2016
All star cast, making an all star movie what's not to like
September 30, 2016
Classic espionage comedy film!
September 23, 2016
My favorite color is ruined with this film and its sequel.
½ September 19, 2016
Never being anything more than a tongue-in-cheek finger poke at the action movie genre, but never pretending to be, Red is, when you boil it down, too similar to many other films of this nature to be significantly subversive or satirical, but doesn't feel too stodgy that it's never enjoyable. Most of the laughs come from the hugely talented cast and their world-weary dialogue, much of which you can imagine the actors themselves uttering. It's great to see acclaimed, classical actors like Helen Mirren looking so at ease with a sniper rifle and reminiscing about the good old days of covert assassinations. I'd be lying if I said I was constantly entertained, since the film often takes a long time to establish characters and plot points, and could do with a fair bit being cut. Overall it's a mostly fun flick that doesn't try too hard to be overbearing or too little to be ignorable. If you like the actors involved, chances are you'll like the film.
September 18, 2016
It's efficient in every way -- it's quick, entertaining, and clever -- and directed with assurance and clarity. Great action comedy, easily digestible; perfect for mindless late night/early morning movie watching that's not aggravatingly dumb.
September 17, 2016
Quirky, fun with some decent action.
½ September 15, 2016
It was very good movie watched with friends at Cinema.
½ September 4, 2016
Classic Bruce Willis film with good guys vs Bad guys with a good amount of firepower.
August 29, 2016
A modern action comedy capable of blending two genres
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
Good film it's like Expendables cute little brother, A great well told story, Nice action scenes and full of funny humour, Worth watching, But if its mindless action you want watch the Expendables.
½ July 24, 2016
This is a pretty good caper. It's based on a comic book apparently so it's outlandish and over the top, but it's fun with it. I didn't like the lounge music all the way through, that's really my only main gripe with it. Other than that, it moves along at a good nip, lots of interesting and different locations, quite funny in parts. There were a couple of nice twists that, while I saw them coming, I was happy when they came.

Yeah, not bad at all. I'll have to go watch the sequel now.
½ July 16, 2016
Funny Action-Adventure Blast!

Originally Written November 25, 2010--
After surviving an assault from a squad of hit men, retired CIA agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) reassembles his old team for an all-out war. Frank reunites with old Joe (Morgan Freeman), crazy Marvin (John Malkovich) and wily Victoria (Helen Mirren) to uncover a massive conspiracy that threatens their lives. Only their expert training will allow them to survive a near-impossible mission -- breaking into CIA headquarters. What a funny, action-adventure blast! Willis is brilliant in this role as a retired CIA agent who assembles a team as eccentric as they are deadly! So funny and exciting at the same time. It's like Die Hard meets Ghostbusters! Four-and-a-half stars.
July 16, 2016
An amazing and thoroughly amusing film, it is probably one of the best films that I have ever seen. The cinematography at the start and the action at the end thoroughly compliment the comedy throughout. This film is definetely one of my top 10 favourites.
½ July 11, 2016
some bits were funny. others less. Shame it was focused on Brucey, would have preferred it to be more interested in the other oldies' lives
July 10, 2016