Robot Wars Reviews

• Apr 15, 2015

As I recall, this was not so good. Robot Jox was sub-par, but this lowered the bar even more. Go see Pacific Rim or Transformers. Much better robots and much more action.

• Jan 01, 2014

This is one of 2 movies advertised as a sequel to "Robot Jox," the other being "Robot Jox 2: Crash and Burn." Neither sequel has much or anything to do with Robot Jox and you do not need to watch them in order. The only thing similar between the three is that they all have giant robots in them. If this movie had been on MST3K it probably would have been up there with the best episodes. There is plenty to make fun of but it still has a comprehensible plot which is key for enjoying any B-movie. If you find humor in silly techno-babble and cheesy one-liners ("Remember the Alamo!") you will be in for a treat. The special effects are obviously not to the level of "Transformers" but they aren't as bad as "Godzilla!" either. There are no people in monster suits running around, just a lot of stop-motion models. The bottom line: Giant robots fighting, cheesy one-liners, silly technbabble, and hott chicks. What's not to love? It's definitely one of the better "So Bad It's Good" movies I've ever seen (and I've seen quite a few).

• Sep 16, 2012

will fucker that list as free online let see the movie

will fucker that list as free online let see the movie

• Aug 02, 2012

Far inferior to Robot Jox. It felt like the longest hour-long movie ever.

Far inferior to Robot Jox. It felt like the longest hour-long movie ever.

• Jan 08, 2012

too much talk and terrible plot/characters in the film and barely any robot action. Trailer was better than the film

• Phil H Super Reviewer
    Nov 02, 2011

Yes this is another big mech film which seems to be another second sequel, unofficial, to the original 'Robot Jox'. The Band brothers are at it again with their lovely tacky films but somehow manage to make them kinda good at the same time, this is normally down to the stop motion robot action which is great fun. B-movie of course but lets be honest here, its just an excuse for more robot wars and not much else really, this time we have the original classic mech against a scorpion type mech. The whole film is again pointless with a thin plot but the over the top acting and shaky robot effects are just so fun to watch, love the constant multiple button/switch pushing by the robot pilots lol. This film is much better than the other sequel 'Crash and Burn', its like the original with plenty of robot hocus pocus.

• Aug 13, 2011

I'm a lover of robot films and post-apocalyptic worlds (both of which are in this film). Having loved Robot Jox (this is technically a sequel to said film), and seeing two robots on the cover of Robot Wars, I was all giddy with anticipation... until I watched the film. The film opens with one robot being used essentially as an amusement park ride. While it is fun to watch stop motion robots, I was a little disapointed at first (luckily it does battle a tank early on). Then you find out there are no more robots left. That this giant scorpion robot is the only robot in existence. Well isn't that great. Why put two robots on the cover only to find out there aren't two robots... or are there? After a long drawn out and terribly acted, scripted and pointless romance as well as a clearly misguided subplot involving a reporter and her scientist friend trying to uncover a cover up (only to get scared and run away), we learn there is another robot; A rusted, hardly working, pile of junk robot. But due to the skills of its pilot (I think that's the reason but don't quote me on it) he manages to defeat the pilot of the scorpion robot and alls well that ends well. So while I did get to see two robots fight, I had to sit through a bunch of crap to get to it. The movie isn't bad if you fast forward through all the dialogue and just watch the stop motion robots. Of course, then you'd miss all the story and the reasons for the robots fighting... as if that matters.

• Feb 08, 2010

This movie is so negative it's like a walking minus sign. (Actual quote from the movie) It's a Full Moon picture, they try to sell you Puppet Master action figures before the movie.

• Apr 01, 2009

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I don't think this actually was intended as a sequel to Robot Jox, since the two movies had nothing to do with each other except both feature giant robots. This one wasn't even fun, it was just boring.

• Mar 15, 2009

Best part was the fake robot fight at the end.

Best part was the fake robot fight at the end.