Rubin and Ed Reviews

• Jun 23, 2018

Gets better the more you watch it!

Gets better the more you watch it!

• Oct 06, 2014

Ed, a horrible but devoted salesman in a cult-like real estate sales "Organization," agrees to help shut-in Rubin bury his dead cat in hopes of getting him to attend a recruiting seminar. Howard Hessman and Crispin Glover are great in this sharply-written, sadly-overlooked comedy gem.

• Sep 25, 2013

Funniest movie I have ever seen! I love it! Both actors are superb!

Funniest movie I have ever seen! I love it! Both actors are superb!

• Jan 24, 2013

A personal favorite, as cult movies go.

A personal favorite, as cult movies go.

• Dec 15, 2012

Yeah...well people shouldn't touch other people's refrigerators! LOL

Yeah...well people shouldn't touch other people's refrigerators! LOL

• May 05, 2012

I rented this movie so much the video store eventually gave it to me! Love this movie!

• Jan 23, 2012

crazy, enjoyable, nice visuals and a very humorous look at an individual.

crazy, enjoyable, nice visuals and a very humorous look at an individual.

• Nov 02, 2011

Can your cat eat a whole watermelon? Well Rubin's can, Rubin and Ed was a surreal experience, but not too surreal. Crispin Glover plays Rubin a weirdo shut in who keeps his dead cat frozen in the fridge until he can bury him. Howard Hesseman plays Ed, a man struggling to find success that seems to escape him at every turn. Ed convinces Rubin to come to a seminar with him, but Rubin won't go until he buries his cat...in the middle of the desert. The film was funny, not hilarious but I chuckled the whole time I watched. Trent Harris was the wonderful director and writer of the film. He kept the movie going at a good pace. Using special effects when need and using props to their utmost. The story never missed a beat in making me smile and laugh. The sets and locations were great. The characters start off a little remote, especially Rubin, but as the film goes along you really start to like them, even rooting for them. When the soundtrack came into play, it helped to enhance the experience. The only real downside that I found was Rubin is a little too weird. I'm sure they did this to enhance his characters unusual personality, but even I was taken aback at times. In all I recommend the movie for fans of zaniness, for everyone else...if you can find this film rent it. If only to say you watched a rare movie that was worth stumbling upon.

• Jun 05, 2011

Maybe it's because I was born in the mid-eighties and my formative years were spent in front of a Sony Trinitron with rabbit ears... something about Crispin Glover movies fills me comforting nostalgia, while chuckling with childlike innocence at his innocent eccentricities. Rubin and Ed is a simple film, it doesn't ask much from the viewer other than to just sit back, turn down their thoughts, and join the echo people. My favorite exchange in the film would be be Ed's reaction to Rubin guffawing uncontrollably at graffiti reading "ANDY WARHOL SUCKS A BIG ONE." Ed explains, "That isn't funny. Andy Warhol is a successful artist." When Rubin then calls him a fraud, Ed says, "That's absurd - he's famous. You should never talk about art, religion or politics. No wonder you don't have any friends." "At least I'm not a fraud like you," Rubin counters. The choice of Warhol for this joke was no arbitrary one.

• Apr 15, 2011

I have no idea what the deal is with this movie.

I have no idea what the deal is with this movie.