Saban's Power Rangers Reviews

• 1d ago

A decent revival for the Power Rangers franchise!

A decent revival for the Power Rangers franchise!

• 6d ago

What do you get when you take a group of non power ranger fans and let them make a movie? You get this nonsense. Instead of trying to focus on political and social issues, if they just stuck to nostalgia, then this would have worked. They failed miserably. Next time they need to remember that their demographic is 90s kids, and we just want to see putties and Goldar fight rangers. We want to see Rita come out of a dumpster. If these fools have it their way they will make the green ranger a girl in the sequel....idiots At least there was good visuals and sounds

• Oct 07, 2019

A faithful modern update for fans of the original series. The chemistry between the cast is better than expected, with commendable performances from R.J. Cyler and Ludi Lin. Bryan Cranston and Bill Hader were also fun to watch as Zordon and Alpha 5. This film serves as a good introduction for a franchise, and a sequel should be able to improve on its character developments.

• Oct 06, 2019

I got dragged by my friends to see this movie and honestly it is not as bad as I thought it would be. It is pretty generic and is what you would expect but that was enough for me. 6/10

• Oct 04, 2019

As bad as I wanted to like this version of the Rangers, it was just needlessly ‘dark’ and angsty. Not to mention gratuitous swearing (seriously? Its Power Rangers). Why they wanted to make a teenagers movie from a kids IP is beyond me.

• Sep 23, 2019

After watching it once, don't bother watching it again

After watching it once, don't bother watching it again

• Sep 21, 2019

They are very powerful, they don't call them power Rangers for Nothing and should have more rotten tomatoes!!!!!!!!

• Sep 19, 2019

An inconsistent film. When it was overly dramatic and took itself seriously, it was really bad. When it went all in on the campiness we loved from the show, it worked. Ultimately though, it takes too long to get to the action to be something I'd recommend. Check out the last 20 minutes on YouTube or something though.

• Sep 14, 2019

it's not great, but it's not terrible either. It does have it's flaws, but the pros out weigh the cons. While there is a lot of comedic humor, this film does deliver in what you would expect if Power Rangers had a serious tone to it.

• Aug 26, 2019

I grew up off of SPD emergency in a household where Power Rangers was a bad word because Saban's marketing plan was poison to my mother's purse. I loved this update, the character's were a fresh & relatable band of misfits tbat had me flashing back to my high school days in a way that was not painful or unwelcoming. The action sequences were not too overtop and felt like what a Michael Bay Transformers or G.I. Joe should have been. Billy's non sequiters were comic relief at it's finest. While Bryan Cranston as Zordon was a special treat. Sadly, Bill Hader whined his way on to the set as the annoying droid and Naomi Scott looked as if she was trying a little too hard to offset her natural "mean girl" looks to truly be a stereotypical misfit. This got in the way of her flow of acting, as did the score when she had conversations with the Red Ranger that attemepted to build on swells of emotion that should have been left alone. Yet, not one explosion seemed over the top and Rita Repulsa eating at Krispy Kreme will forever go down in my memory as one of the greatest scenes in movie history. A standalone reboot at it's finest. I'd give the film a round of applause, but according to the film, holding my phone up to take a picture will have the same effect.