The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause Reviews

September 2, 2016
This Movie ruined Once a Great Franchise
½ July 25, 2016
Another one of tim allen's better movies,
Way Better than the 2nd.

Score: 6.5/10
½ July 17, 2016
Good story idea, but just drags on way too long through the first couple acts.
April 16, 2016
Tim Allen did The Santa Clause movies the first time with enthusiasm, the second time with affection and the third time for a paycheck.
February 7, 2016
Tim Allen and Martin short make a good team in this movie it makes a good Christmas movie Martin short played Jack Frost, Tim Allen played Santa. This movie made me laugh a lot.

You should watch this movie!!
½ January 16, 2016
Tim Allen is really desperate for this movie!
January 2, 2016
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause is directed by Michael Lembeck, who also directed the previous sequel, and it stars Tim Allen in this film that is about dealing with his wife's pregnancy, his work, her parents, Jack Frost, and the past life that he had to deal with. So yeah, the plot is all over the place and it doesn't focus one main thing, but does the film hold up still? Well sadly it does not because the jokes are even more of a miss, some of the characters are irritating to watch, and some of the jokes they put in are even more immature than the previous films. The acting are still good, and Martin Short is having a lot of fun which he's probably one of the funniest parts of the movie, even if he had some jokes that weren't funny. The effects look a bit awful in it which I'll give the previous films some credit that even though the effects weren't that good, they were at least trying to make it look interesting, this did not. The only part that looked interesting, was the hall of snow globes, that's it. The movie doesn't do anything smart, it's frustrating to watch, knowing that it could've worked if most of the jokes were funny, get rid of some of the side plot, and not make it feel like it's trying to be mean spirited and not stand out on its own. So while it has some good things here and there, the film feels tired to me and was really pointless to make if they weren't gonna try.
½ December 21, 2015
12/20/2015: Not great. Short had a few funny moments, but the film is mostly forgettable.
December 18, 2015
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause is thankfully the last entry in this series. After a disappointing second outing, things are shook up a bit here and we get a new twist in the story. What if Scott Calvin never became Santa? That question is answered. This plot device helps the movie stay afloat, but not much else.
December 12, 2015
Love this movie!!!!!!
½ November 27, 2015
Yeah this is where the franchise took a dive. Not a great, or really good holiday movie.
September 13, 2015
Destined to be a slightly above average Christmas movie and if you miss it's no big shakes.
August 9, 2015
The lamest one ever.
July 30, 2015
While nowhere near as great as The Santa Clause, and not as good as Santa Clause 2, The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause drags on as long as its title by throwing in marriage issues in a Christmas movie.
June 3, 2015
lol i love this show
March 5, 2015
They saved the best for last.
½ January 28, 2015
saw five mins occur on tv changed the chanel
January 3, 2015
Taking a nose dive is the third film in the Santa Clause trilogy. Now many people despise this installment but I'm not one of them. I actually really enjoyed Martin Short and his character and thought the concept behind the film was a good one. My problems actually come from the missed opportunities. There were so many jokes they could have run with whether it be about Canada or with regards to tricking the in laws. This is where the laughter should have come from but ultimately ended up being mostly wasted.
I did really enjoy the costuming for Jack Frost though. The hair especially was quite cool (pun intended).
This film will still please the little tykes but adults may find themselves groaning more often than laughing and that's a shame.
December 28, 2014
A worthless addition to the series. i didnt enjoy this one as much as the other two. It is just plain bad
December 23, 2014