Scrooged Reviews

• Jul 11, 2019

Of course it is dated now but still one to watch. No remake could improve upon it.

• May 30, 2019

Incredibly mean-spirited, but a great, dark take on the Scrooge story

Incredibly mean-spirited, but a great, dark take on the Scrooge story

• Jan 21, 2019

Scrooged is one of the true modern Christmas classics. Bill Murray is pitch-perfect as Frank Cross--nasty and Scrooge-like while still charming and hilarious. Great cameos from everyone from Brian Doyle Murray to Lee Majors to Bobcat Goldwait, and a genuine emotional ending make this one to watch every year with boxxy software app.

• Dec 25, 2018

I enjoyed it, can't wait to make it part of my yearly Christmas movie rewatch tradition. I also loved some of the locations in NYC in the background. Plus, I'm a huge Charles Dickens fan, so this works for me. Good stuff. Fun concept, fun execution.

• Dec 24, 2018

this is a really really bad movie

this is a really really bad movie

• Dec 23, 2018

Classic fun! Still works in 2018.

Classic fun! Still works in 2018.

• Dec 19, 2018

Fucking brilliant! Great holiday movie and any time movie. Makes me feel like a kid again.

• Dec 19, 2018

to me one of the best Christmas of all time giving the classic story a upgrade and its on my Christmas watch list every year

• Dec 17, 2018

A shitty cringe fest that I am now sad to say I have watched. In one of my classes I didnt have a final so my professor played this film and lets just say Id rather retake my calculus final than watch this half-ass attempt and at a movie

• Dec 05, 2018

Like the Holiday festivities themselves, adaptations of Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" come and go. Some are timeless, stick-to-your-ribs adaptations, while others are fun reinventions of the celebrated material in question. This. . .kind of wants to be both? Born out of the premise that this was going to be a refreshing deconstruction of the classic Dickens tale, "Scrooged" definitely maintains a common streak of self-awareness. But you can't in good conscience have a protagonist -- who's well accustomed to all of the tropes, twists, and turns of the Dickens story -- end up falling for the same tricks in the end. Ultimately, this ended up being more of an adherence to the original story than I preferred. At least Bill Murray is eminently watchable.