Secret of the Wings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret of the Wings Reviews

July 23, 2016
Secret of the Wings we get to see Tinkerbell up to her old tricks again. This time Tinkerbell is fascinated about winter and goes into the other world of fairies the winter world and gets to meet her sister then the world starts a ice age and all the fairies start to panic and the story revolves around how the two worlds become one.
It is good clean family fun that all would enjoy,
I would say 5 to 12 year olds no one older otherwise watch it as a family.
½ March 16, 2016
Among the best of the Bechedel-test-destroying Tinker Bell saga. Tinker learns of another world of fairies that she never knew existed in this great mixture of colorful world-building and fun spirit. The stakes are strong, the emotions are felt, and the end product is just plain lovely.
January 1, 2016
Faithful TinkerBell story and animation from what's gone before.
September 25, 2015
Not the least since it'd harmlessly went for the same structure in important plot points of the storyline while adding some explored developments to still go for the same heart and charm as the previous entries. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
August 7, 2015
This is one of my favourite animated films of all time. It was so magical and i loved all the fairies, old and new. The negative comments here really annoy me. Tinkerbell movies are definitely not aimed at sad, mean-spirited critics who get paid to write snarky reviews, but for disney fans.
½ January 22, 2015
I have seen worse. It's a story about rediscovery, breaking barriers, and finding compromise. And, there's no real villain. All sides of the conflict are understandable. My favorite part is the scenery. That's one thing the Tinker Bell movies always do right, they always go above and beyond with the set design. Sure, the resolution didn't make much sense, and Periwinkle's existence raises a few questions, but for what it is, I'm glad I saw it.
½ October 22, 2014
Very nice story around the friendship of two sisters and, generally, to what lengths one would go for a friend. It is presented in a very nice way for children, in a world where "bad" does not exist and the blame cannot be thrown on anyone. In my opinion a children's movie must present happiness, sincerity, forgiveness and friendship and this movie achieves this role by presenting all these qualities, naturally, in almost every scene. 3D rendering, scenes, animation and acting seam to improve every year. The down side are the rather untied scenes: some seam to short and the movie ends seemingly fast.
September 12, 2014
Watch it it was actually good had a good story and let's you see how important sister. Ship is
June 25, 2014
My dUghter loves the fae I tell her stories and she has wall stickers of fae all over her room. She love Tinkerbell and all the movies. I'm glad that she prefers the faeries to the princesses she watches those to but doesn't say their names. She's two and she will mimic Tink, and other faeries actions I even like this one.
June 17, 2014
I started watching the series with low expectations, but every movie has left me feeling like a child again, in the best ways possible.

The sisterly love in this film, especially, was moving to me, as I have never had a sister.

The jokes always make me laugh and I enjoy the character development over the movies, especially with Vidia (whom, in the books, is always a nasty character with no redeeming qualities).
½ May 10, 2014
My first Tinker Bell movie, and I thought it was ok, very child friendly to say the least..
April 29, 2014
Pixie Hollow really the best , I want to live there with tinker bell and her friends #Dreamer
April 6, 2014
The fourth outing is magical stuff! It leaves you wanting more!
April 5, 2014
This might be silly, but I really liked this animation movie a lot. I liked the animation itself a lot I found myself even having grouse bumps because of it. I liked the voices, the story and I felt for the characters too. I think this is a really cute movie for children :)
March 29, 2014
Watched this movie with the kids I watch, and it wasn't that bad. I don't think I ever would have chosen it on my own but it was okay for a kids movie.
March 23, 2014
One of my favorite Tinker Bell movies. I've had watched this more than any other Tinker Bell movie ever made thus far. I love the fact that Tinker Bell had a sister she never knew she had. One of the main reasons why I love this movie. Even though, this is shorter than the other Tinker Bell movies. We all wish for a special connection with someone we love or find that missing relative that we never knew about. This movie shares both of those points.
March 21, 2014
Excellent Movie...........................
½ January 26, 2014
Nice Children's animated story and another great Disney movie to enjoy with the family
January 15, 2014
This was so cute and fun! I like this one best out of all of the Tinkerbell movies!
½ December 24, 2013
I didn't know they were going to do the smoochie, smoochity.

Tinker Bell is informed of a parallel universe where everything is cold and winter all of the time. In this universe, there are fairies, professors, and shenanigans just like her universe. She decides to cross over and meet the winter fairies and in the process, she meets her long lost sister, Periwinkle. The sisters will stop at nothing to ensure they will never be separated again.

"You collect lost things too?"
"I call them found things."

Roberts Gannaway (Mickey's Magical Christmas and Stitch! The Movie) and Peggy Holmes (The upcoming The Pirate Fairy) collaborate to deliver The Secret of Wings. The storyline for this picture is actually pretty interested and grabbed the entire family's attention. The animation quality was amazing and the action sequences and character development was better than anticipated. The voices are also well selected and include Lucy Liu, Raven Symone, Mae Whitman, Lucy Hale, and Timothy Dalton.

"I'm afraid of glaciers. They're known for their stealth."

My mother bought the first film in this series for my daughter last Christmas and we have been spending this year trying to catch all of these films off Netflix. I can tell you this is better than you may anticipate. The animation is splendid and the plot is interesting. This is definitely a must see for little girls and may even be worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Just put your wings into the light."

Grade: B-