Secret of the Wings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Secret of the Wings Reviews

ascordeiro108
December 25, 2012
A great enter in the Tinker Bell collection. It adresses real issues like the global warming.
October 26, 2012
Walt Disney Studios announced before the release of its 2010 movie, Tangled, that the movie in question would be the last of its princess movies for the foreseeable future. It noted that it wanted to focus more on male audiences. This announcement sent waves through the entertainment world. While Tangled may have been the last of Disney's princess movies for the foreseeable future, young female audiences did still have movies aimed at them in the form of the new Tinkerbell adventures. These movies have seen their own level of success. Now another new movie has been released featuring Peter Pan's fairy sidekick. It's called Secret of the Wings.

The Secret of the Wings is another good addition to the Disney Fairies franchise. The first thing that stands out about this new release is that it carries on the long held Disney tradition of emphasizing the importance of family. The continued tradition is directly linked to the secret that Tink discovers when she sneaks across the border into the Winter Mountains. She meets "The Keeper", and another fairy who as it turns out, will change everything that she ever knew about her life. The secret that she learns the first time she goes to meet "The Keeper" is only one secret. As a result of this first revelation, Tinkerbell also makes an even bigger revelation at the story's end. That revelation is tied into another familiar element that makes this a good movie for its audiences.

As already noted, Secret of the Wings will impress viewers as it maintains the theme of family importance that the company's older works have held. There is another long held element that makes this movie just as good as its previous princess movies. Whether it was princess Jasmine, Ariel, Rapunzel, or any of the others, Disney has always made its princesses relatively headstrong. That headstrong nature has helped lead to change in their kingdoms. Tinkerbell is much the same way in Secret of the Wings. It's because of her determination to overcome the old ways that change eventually comes both to Pixie Hollow and the Winter Mountains. Of course, that headstrong nature is also the catalyst for the conflict that would eventually lead to the change, too.

The conflict caused by Tinkerbell's determination leads to another positive factor for the feature's audiences. It teaches audiences about the values of not only teamwork, but also of friendship and the importance of family. The value of teamwork and friendship is something that both male and female audiences can appreciate. And in terms of the value of family, young female audiences will especially appreciate this message as it's directly tied to the secret that Tinkerbell learns in this story.

The central themes of Secret of the Wings are important elements in this feature's success. They go a long way toward making a story worth watching again and again. The computer generated world created here will especially keep audiences watching. The lush colors of Pixie Hollow and the contrast of the Winter Mountains are expertly designed. They come together to stand out quite well against Disney's other CG based features that have previously been released. The people behind this world's creation are to be commended for that, as it's nice to see a CG based movie that doesn't serve as a mirror image to so many others in its genre.

So much work went into bringing Secret of the Wings to life. Both the writing and the time spent creating the computer generated world had to have been intensive. There is one more element that helped to make Secret of the Wings a success. That element was the voice acting. The voice cast for this movie reads like a who's who of Hollywood A-listers. Veteran actor Timothy Dalton (James Bond, The Rocketeer) joins Anjelica Huston (50/50, The Darjeeling Limited, Martian Child) who returns again as the voice of Queen Clarion. Dalton lends his talents as the voice of Queen Clarion's love interest, Lord Milori. They aren't the only well known names on board for this ride. Lucy Liu (Charlie's Angels, Kung Fu Panda, Kill Bill Vol. 1), Raven-Symone (The Cosby Show, That's So Raven) and pop star Jesse McCartney are all on board this time around. The chemistry between the cast adds another element of enjoyment for audiences of all ages. That chemistry mixes with all of the aforementioned elements to make a feature that audiences will enjoy both the first and hundred and first time they have seen it.
March 7, 2013
Not the least since it'd harmlessly went for the same structure in important plot points of the storyline while adding some explored developments to still go for the same heart and charm as the previous entries. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
August 7, 2015
This is one of my favourite animated films of all time. It was so magical and i loved all the fairies, old and new. The negative comments here really annoy me. Tinkerbell movies are definitely not aimed at sad, mean-spirited critics who get paid to write snarky reviews, but for disney fans.
½ January 22, 2015
I have seen worse. It's a story about rediscovery, breaking barriers, and finding compromise. And, there's no real villain. All sides of the conflict are understandable. My favorite part is the scenery. That's one thing the Tinker Bell movies always do right, they always go above and beyond with the set design. Sure, the resolution didn't make much sense, and Periwinkle's existence raises a few questions, but for what it is, I'm glad I saw it.
½ October 22, 2014
Very nice story around the friendship of two sisters and, generally, to what lengths one would go for a friend. It is presented in a very nice way for children, in a world where "bad" does not exist and the blame cannot be thrown on anyone. In my opinion a children's movie must present happiness, sincerity, forgiveness and friendship and this movie achieves this role by presenting all these qualities, naturally, in almost every scene. 3D rendering, scenes, animation and acting seam to improve every year. The down side are the rather untied scenes: some seam to short and the movie ends seemingly fast.
June 25, 2014
My dUghter loves the fae I tell her stories and she has wall stickers of fae all over her room. She love Tinkerbell and all the movies. I'm glad that she prefers the faeries to the princesses she watches those to but doesn't say their names. She's two and she will mimic Tink, and other faeries actions I even like this one.
June 17, 2014
I started watching the series with low expectations, but every movie has left me feeling like a child again, in the best ways possible.

The sisterly love in this film, especially, was moving to me, as I have never had a sister.

The jokes always make me laugh and I enjoy the character development over the movies, especially with Vidia (whom, in the books, is always a nasty character with no redeeming qualities).
April 29, 2014
Pixie Hollow really the best , I want to live there with tinker bell and her friends #Dreamer
March 21, 2014
Excellent Movie...........................
½ April 26, 2013
Nice Children's animated story and another great Disney movie to enjoy with the family
½ December 24, 2013
I didn't know they were going to do the smoochie, smoochity.

Tinker Bell is informed of a parallel universe where everything is cold and winter all of the time. In this universe, there are fairies, professors, and shenanigans just like her universe. She decides to cross over and meet the winter fairies and in the process, she meets her long lost sister, Periwinkle. The sisters will stop at nothing to ensure they will never be separated again.

"You collect lost things too?"
"I call them found things."

Roberts Gannaway (Mickey's Magical Christmas and Stitch! The Movie) and Peggy Holmes (The upcoming The Pirate Fairy) collaborate to deliver The Secret of Wings. The storyline for this picture is actually pretty interested and grabbed the entire family's attention. The animation quality was amazing and the action sequences and character development was better than anticipated. The voices are also well selected and include Lucy Liu, Raven Symone, Mae Whitman, Lucy Hale, and Timothy Dalton.

"I'm afraid of glaciers. They're known for their stealth."

My mother bought the first film in this series for my daughter last Christmas and we have been spending this year trying to catch all of these films off Netflix. I can tell you this is better than you may anticipate. The animation is splendid and the plot is interesting. This is definitely a must see for little girls and may even be worth adding to your DVD collection.

"Just put your wings into the light."

Grade: B-
December 14, 2013
wow this was amazing
November 20, 2013
TinkerBell: Secret of the Wings (full movie)-available soon on my ch
November 12, 2013
stunning visuals and a grand soundtrack made this one of disney's more enjoyable movies. The inclusion of Winter Fairies does bring up a few questions but those can easily be reasoned out with. All in all; a good addition to the tinkerbell collection. If you love the disney CG-movies, or if your kids love them, this is a must-have for any animation fan or disney-fan. Preferrably seen in HD, but won't be disappointing on DVD either.
August 7, 2013
Really sweet movie. My girls love it and i love it because their is no violence, no parts i have to fast forward because they are too scared to watch it.
June 26, 2013
As good as a straight to DVD movie could be.
½ June 18, 2013
"Secret Of The Wings" contains a beautiful animated setting built upon a plot that is too familiar, but speedy and entertaining.
½ May 30, 2013
Tinker Bell returns, again, to dazzle young girls everywhere with the stories of her life in Pixie Hollow. This time the focus is upon a new set of characters, the other group of fairies living in the forbidden Winter Wood.

As far as Tinker Bell movies go, I believe this one is as entertaining, and even more charming, than most. The addition of a long, lost sister was pretty clever in terms of franchise. It injects the whole Tinker Bell with a fresh enthusiasm and intrigue. There's a lovely message to be taken from the story, and the winter fairies and scenes are adorable.

Incidentally, my husband didn't even mind this one.
May 3, 2013
Seeing as how the Tinker Bell movies are only trying to capitalize on the undeserved success of this character, I am HUGELY not interested in Secret of the Wings, which has a trailer that pops up on almost every Disney DVD I have, and that makes the problem A LOT worse. The eleven people who gave this a positive review are probably either soccer moms or day care workers who show this to their kids instead of kids movies that they deem "too violent" for their kids to watch. The seven people are probably people whom are highly-educated, and look for quality in movies. Secret of the Wings, even though I have not seen it and I don't plan to, is definitely terrible.