Siddharth Reviews

• Jun 22, 2018

A strange story that exposes the many issues in India, when you are in the lower class. Following the father, we travel and see India from a commoner viewpoint. Difficult but lots of good hearts. In the end, we wonder if the son is really lost or if we saw him preferring his new life. The grandfather seems know something.

• Jan 14, 2016

We watched this tonight and it was an interesting story from another world we don't know; tremendously sad.

• Nov 29, 2015

A deeply moving film set in Delhi and Mumbai about a father's futile search for his missing son. The harsh realities of life in India and the hopelessness of his situation are tempered by acts of common decency, support and encouragement, which enliven a sense of hope till the very end. Rajesh Tailang and Tannishtha Chatterjee have acted brilliantly. Also, great direction by Richie Mehta. This film is currently available for streaming on Netflix in the US.

• Aug 08, 2015

Reveals the terrifying reality of life. Excellent production.

Reveals the terrifying reality of life. Excellent production.

• Jun 17, 2015

IT matters that the father tried his best...

IT matters that the father tried his best...

• May 21, 2015

A beautifully realized film about despiration, family and a parents love for their children. Director Richie Mehta's attention to detail and empathy for his characters, combined with some great performance elevate the film from a simple chamber piece into a deeper exploration of India culture that is never judgemental and is instead universal.

• Apr 25, 2015

As a father begins a quest to find his missing son, we see him change from slightly concerned to near obsessive. His story is told over the backdrop of poverty and child labor in India.

• Mar 04, 2015

The powerful and touching storyline shows a parent's hopelessness for a lost child. When "Angry and fierce" Siddharth's father told Siddharth to give up searching and take care of what he owns first, I could not stop crying.

• Feb 21, 2015

Loved this movie. totally absorbing, emotionally moving

Loved this movie. totally absorbing, emotionally moving

• Dec 14, 2014

Very good movie! Loved the reality of the story, with a great cast. My kind of Indian film.