Spider-Man: Homecoming Reviews

• 5d ago

It's actually quite good. The final act unravels really well with the Vulture surprise and the subtext is quite smart.

• 5d ago

Peter Parker is just your average teenage dude, and it is really great to see on-screen. This movie is endearing in pretty much every way, from the characterization to the story. I have never seen the original Spider-man movies, so I cant attest to character "changes" but from what I saw in Homecoming, Peter is a very loveable dude. He tries his hardest to do the right thing, even when Tony and Happy underestimate him. That's very admirable. The big reveal of the movie hits hard, as it's supposed to, and the final battle is fun to watch. This movie isn't perfect of course, but it's fun to watch, especially if you are having a terrible day.

• 6d ago

Not bad, just a run of the mill Spider-man movie.

Not bad, just a run of the mill Spider-man movie.

• 6d ago

The funniest movie in the MCU

The funniest movie in the MCU

• Feb 18, 2020

In the recent furore of cut and shut, fiddled with blockbusters, by talented, inexperienced directors, puppeteered by hack studios, Spider-Man: Homecoming is a honed, clear, flowing popcorn flick with a charming and watchable lead from Tom Holland (a perfectly agreeable young Nathan Drake). First and foremost despite looking great, Homecoming is just one big Easter egg inside of an Easter egg. It's an edible Russian nesting doll of injokes and nudges and winks and throwaway moments; take Giacchino's cheeky nod the animated theme at the start, and some of them work but most of them don't. The timeline for a start feels a little muddled (which film was Avengers Tower rebuilt in? What bad guys did what where and left what behind?), but I did roll my eyes with a certain satisfaction at points which pretty sums up my feelings on the film. I mean, they did all they could; they made it a Peter Parker movie where Parker was more interesting than Spider-Man (ASM's Andrew Garfield is spectacular but he had much less to work with than his Spider-Man). The action sequences were not exactly bad and they were coherent but just a bit uninspired. But to be fair ASM2 was far too inspired! And I'd like to take a moment to complain about the miscast, from another film, saccharine, live-studio-audience-sitcom-type actress Laura Harrier playing Liz that was cringey to the extreme. But by god did I not see some of the third act coming. I mean I should have, I just didn't, so I applaud it for that. It led to some nice direct parallels between teen angst and superhero trials It was nice to see Spider-Man finding Peter Parker and then fusing the two: Not finding your identity in your assets, gifts, support but instead in yourself is a clear and relatable theme; Peter is not a suit or an Avenger or an intern for a billionaire, he's a young boy that makes mistakes and bounces back and does the right thing. I liked the marketing/posters, I liked the poppy but indistinct score, the smart costume made it different enough. The blogger opening was fresh and down to earth and more Happy Hogan is always welcome. And the Iron Man-esque stinger at the end and the post-credits sequence are both laugh out loud. Plus there's a key tone in this film where Peter and his friends are aware of superheroes, and in a way, superhero films, and this kind of fourth wall thing (man in the chair??!!) made for a nicely unique tone compared to the other Spider-Mans. So Homecoming has some hilarious, on-point, gags, some excellent acting and great, out-there, actor choices; having two lead females (three if you include Aunt May) of overt ethnic minorities is a huge deal these days, it shouldn't be, it should be everywhere, but it isn't and here should be applauded that his school feels like a real one. But at the end of the day, most of all, Homecoming is Avengers 2.5, or maybe, for better or worse, Iron Man 3.5.

• Feb 17, 2020

Spider Man: Homecoming is a great instalment in the Spider Man mythos. It's my second favourite Spider Man movie and for good reason. Tom Holland plays a wonderful Peter Parker and Spider Man. I personally loved Michael Keaton's depiction of Vulture and the actor is skilled overall. This movie is packed with great acting performances, which just elevates it above the standard MCU popcorn flick.

• Feb 15, 2020

A great introduction to the web-slinger in the MCU. Tom Holland does great in the role and Micheal Keaton as the Vulture is one of the best MCU villains. It is funny and charming, and I like the addition of the Stark-Spidey Suit. However, the Stark-Spidey suit can take away some of the fun from Spiderman so that does hold it back.

• Feb 13, 2020

No sé como a la gente le puede gustar esta película . Y no , no importa si es o no fiel a los cómics . Cinematograficamente es muy pobre en comparación a sus otras adaptaciones , no me gusta para el estilo de Jon Watts , intenta ser John Hughes pero lamentablemente no logra ni hacerle de cerca un buen homenaje ni logra llegar a su estilo . Sus historias combinaban muy bien el humor , el romance y el drama adolescente , un gran ejemplo de balance de esto elementos es la misma The Breakfast Club y también en Pretty in Pink . Pero a Watts le falta años luz para lograr eso . Una cosas molesta de esta película son los horribles efectos visuales que suponen un retroceso en cuanto a la calidad que brindó las majestuosas cintas de Raimi y la primera de Webb . Además también de la falta de un verdadera motivación para el protagonista y el querer parecerse a su mentor , Iron Man . Lo cual no está mal , pero que ya se vuelve como un padre para él . ¿Acaso ese no era el rol del Tío Ben ? Ahh , claro lo olvidaba . Este chico no es Spider-Man , es Iron Man Jr.

• Feb 13, 2020

It is overrated in my opinion. The romance is very bad There are some great action sequences in this movie. Very average movie.

• Feb 10, 2020