Swordfish Reviews

• Sep 28, 2019

I think it's a good film.

I think it's a good film.

• Aug 13, 2019

I feel like audiences give this movie a pass just because they get to see Halle Berry flash the screen.

• Aug 08, 2019

An interesting idea gone way off the beam. Good cast, absurdly wasted on what ends up being needless explosions and crashes. Not one of Travolta's better hairdos. When it's over, you'll say.... hmmm I'd like those 2 hours back.

• Aug 05, 2019

This is the only time where John Travolta played a good bad guy.

This is the only time where John Travolta played a good bad guy.

• Aug 04, 2019

Went to the avant premiere in Argentina, Hugh Jackman was present. It was 16/08/2001, the movie was not released to be shown in theaters because the expected date to be played in theaters was 12/09/2001. The movie I saw in the avant premiere was different from the one most of ypu might have watched afterwards. Also, 9/11 was an inside job. Get over it.

• Jun 25, 2019

Action, tech, old school shenanigans

Action, tech, old school shenanigans

• Dec 09, 2018

John Travolta is good in this film. Don Cheadle is good in this film. Halle Berry I imagine tries (albeit unsuccessfully) to wring some interest out of a character that I'm sure was written in the script simply as SEXY CHICK until the final draft. But this is Hugh Jackman's film. This is part two of his double bill coming out party (with X-Men, natch). This is the film where he has to act hacking into some unhackable computer system in 60 seconds whilst receiving a blowjob. This is the film where he has to act creating some nebulous computer hacking program or something, which the naturally theatrical Jackman turns into some kind of mad scientist, musical genius concoction scene, with lots of wine. No other actor would have given these scenes such commitment and gusto. No other actor could. It's all so gloriously over the top and ridiculous and lots and lots of fun. Sure, it's actually terrible of course, as all the actual reviews will tell you, but it's one of those comic book action films that aren't actually based on comic books, and they're like catnip for me. Also, remember when Vinnie Jones had the best agent in the world and he managed to show up in a slew of Hollywood films?

• Dec 03, 2018

So I watched this movie again after some years and it's still enjoyable. The soundtrack is solid. The action is pretty neat. The plot has strange twist. Yeah it lacks some logic in some places and the hacking scenes are just... well stupid. :D But still I give it solid 4/5 :)

• Dec 02, 2018

Not worth watching. Corny writing - Jackman attempts to do som acting but the lines are right off. There is a line about ordering a triple espresso which is cringeworthy. One of Travoltaï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s least believable performances

• Sep 05, 2018

The actors are too old to play these one-dimensional characters, the screenplay too convoluted and illogical to keep our focus, the direction too incompetent to ever rise to the level of ironic self-awareness where this would turn into camp. Gratuitously misogynist and unabatedly chauvinist, like the Mountain Dew-induced fever dream of a forum-dwelling incel, the sort who turned the Internet from a revolutionary communications technology to a nightmare of toxic machismo. Halle Berry wantonly demeaned by the male gaze, which sees her as nothing more than a body, stripping her and lynching her for the satisfaction of her male counterparts; Hugh Jackman reveling in front of his computer screen, like a teenager alone in his locked bedroom; John Travolta being John Travolta, riding his 90s comeback into the dirt-the whole venture is joylessly idiotic and cruel, nihilistic sleaze of the worst order.