Tanna Reviews

• Jun 03, 2019

Absolutely beautiful. Must see.

Absolutely beautiful. Must see.

• Apr 24, 2018

It's unusual. I was sceptical. Everyone was so different - they're savages. And as I kept watching, they became more and more like us.

• Apr 04, 2018

Blown away by the authentic visuals and characters.

Blown away by the authentic visuals and characters.

• Feb 27, 2018

It is much like Roméo and Juliette but so much better. They say the story is true but the film says the events are fictitious at the end. Could be just the end that is true. Nevertheless, the film works with the story and the acting is good, if not delightful at times. Edge of my seat for the finale.

• Dec 19, 2017

Puntaje Original: 4.5 Tanna está repleta de clichés y estereotipos. No te la recomiendo ver a no ser que seas un ávido fan de la diversidad cultural.

• Sep 03, 2017

based on a true story about forbidden love inside one of Australia's yakel tribe is the story about two young perople from the same tribe who fall in love but are forbidden to be together because for the exchange of tribal peace brides are exchanged between tribes. when WAWA and Dani are not allowed to be together...their love becomes to strong and like romeo and Juliet...they end it before anyone defines them. very strong but emotional movie.

• Aug 16, 2017

While it may pack in a few too many art house nature clichés, Tanna is a solidly engrossing story of forbidden love and the lengths people will go for it. Think Romeo & Juliet but with sarongs. The romance between the 2 leads is believable and well performed, as is the reaction of their naturally disapproving kinsmen. The forests are made to feel at once gigantic and sprawling and at other times confined and foreboding, and the cinematography is utterly gorgeous. Unfortunately it's a classic example of a great film which is allowed to go on too long. It could do with about 15-20 minutes cut from the end, as shots of longing stares over heavy, dramatic music and scenes of volcanos erupting are repeated to the point that they become gratuitous and annoying. Aside from that, the movie succeeds in delivering its story and message in a balanced, entertaining way, and it's definitely worth the watch. Just don't expect to be wholly invested as it reaches its unnecessarily prolonged climax.

• Jun 03, 2017

A Vanuatuan Romeo and Juliet. A great insight into tribes living in traditional ways.

• May 05, 2017

Amazing film. I loved it!

Amazing film. I loved it!

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Apr 18, 2017

It is like Romeo and Juliet (though based on actual events) set against the volcanic landscapes of a South Pacific island, offering us a peek into a patriarchal society based on arranged marriages that forced women to abide by the decisions that were made for them.