Tarzan II Reviews

• Feb 02, 2018

You have got to be joking why this movie a SQL well not a good one

You have got to be joking why this movie a SQL well not a good one

• Aug 07, 2017

Well animated and a great voice cast! However, this film lacks the general "pizazz" that hooked you in the first film. For at times, I found myself becoming bored! Overall, not a bad film!

• Jun 11, 2017

Wait, this isn't a sequel to Tarzan. It literally takes place in the first movie when Tarzan is a child, so why the heck is it called "Tarzan II"? Ah, whatever. Let's just forget about it and move on. Tarzan II centers around Tarzan when he's a kid, and he's trying to figure out what his own identity is. Sounds like an idea that has potential, and they could have made that interesting, but the execution of it is really dull and not all that engaging. Also, in the beginning of the film, after Tarzan went through a bad accident, and everybody assumed he's dead when he's actually alive, three gorillas say that Kala (his adoptive mother) is better off without him. When I heard that, I felt uncomfortable watching this because that is one of the most mean-spirited lines of dialogue I've ever heard in an animated film. It just gave off a rather unpleasant tone. Tarzan II is just a heartless cash grab in a whole, which can be said for most of if not all of the straight-to-DVD Disney sequels. The animation is good, but it doesn't quite match the same quality as the first, but again, direct-to-video movie. We shouldn't be surprised it's not up to par with the terrific animation of the first film.

• Apr 24, 2017

Despite a cliched story, the animation quality is definitely a step up from the previous Tarzan DTV and performances from franchise newcomers George Carlin and Estelle Harris as well as the returning Glenn Close make this largely unnecessary prequel worth a look. 2.5/5.

• Mar 26, 2017

Despite it's low rating, I think this is one of the better Disney sequels. I liked it fine.Theres a little bit of charm, likability, and great animation to still appreciate this film.

• Jan 11, 2017

Tarzan II does have its pandering moments for little kids, and they can be hard to sit through, but in the end I found myself pulled through with charming characters, a decent story, great animation, decent music, and moments of likeability.

• Dec 26, 2016

For a Disney sequel, the film is decent.

For a Disney sequel, the film is decent.

• Jun 30, 2016

Of course, Tarzan II never reaches the heights of the original, but it's a reasonably entertaining ride and better than most of the atrocious Disney direct-to-video sequels. That' really all there is to say.

• May 01, 2015

Me Tarzan. You grouch. This picture depicts Tarzan still as a boy being raised by his gorilla parents. He has friends within the gorilla children, but a lot of the elders still do not like him. He struggles to find his place in their society and hope for survival. Tarzan will discover the meaning of family in this new adventure. "If I don't get faster something terrible is going to get me." Brian Smith, director of The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea and 101 Dalmations 2: Patch's London Adventure, delivers Tarzan II. The storyline for this picture is just okay but fun to watch unfold and has similar animation quality as the first film. The soundtrack is also fairly well done for a Disney sequel. The voices fit the characters well enough, "I am not a good ape." We came across this on Netflix and decided to add it to the queue for my daughter to view. She loves animals and was glued to it from beginning to end. The overall movie is definitely just okay, but not as bad as some of the Disney sequels. Overall, I recommend watching this with your child, as it is fun, but I wouldn't add it to their DVD collection. "He's a menace to all of us." Grade: C

• Apr 18, 2015

Unnecessary, sure. But the story is actually decent and gives more characterization to Tarzan as a boy where the original only scratched the surface.