Tea With the Dames (Nothing Like a Dame) Reviews

• 2d ago

Love all these actresses. This film was boring.

Love all these actresses. This film was boring.

• May 26, 2019

Just love all of these greatest ladies of the theater of our time. Their sense of camaraderie and amused wit is so much fun to view! Charming and delightful afternoon!

• Mar 04, 2019

What a delightful Sunday watch it was for me. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

What a delightful Sunday watch it was for me. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Feb 27, 2019

Watching these four grand Dames of England sit down and talk about their self-doubts, nerves before performances, aging, marriages, reviewers, and their interactions with fellow actors and directors was wonderful. Adding to this, some amazing archival footage of some of their performances on stage and screen was certainly a bonus. However, to be honest, the film got off to a disjointed start and there were some awkward moments as well. But things went much smoother as it progressed and there was also some laugh out loud humor. Like Judi Dench's hilarious description of how she called the paramedics when she was bitten by a bee in the backside and the very young EMT tech asked if she had a carer (in the USA a home aide) how she became furious and told him to "f-off". Overall, director Roger Michell's questions to the four actresses from the wings as the film rolled did not work well, But just to see and hear these grand Dames together was worth the price of admission to me.

• Feb 15, 2019

It was high tea every time I watched in these dames. They were incredibly witty, humble, humorous, interesting ,unique, and without ego. They were like just us. If we 're that witty, humble, etc... of course. I'd take tea anytime with these great Dames.

• Dec 26, 2018

It was pure delight watching and listening to these legends reminisce about their film and stage careers. The best unscripted thing. They were all exquisite. It can also a bit emotional as they talk about how ageing has affected all of them.

• Nov 18, 2018

Unless you are a huge fan of these ladies, I don't recommend watching this documentary.

• Nov 08, 2018

I didn't like this movie because of the direction not because the dames. The ladies themselves are terrific, but much too much was made of their aging and much too little was made of their experiences as actresses during their lifetimes. What was it like being a young actress? Who helped them who hindered them? It would have been good to know more about their relationships with each other and how they've helped or hindered each other through the decades that they've been actresses. I would have liked to have a lot fewer long shots emphasizing that they have in fact gotten old.

• Nov 01, 2018

Facades that are dumbed down for the bourgeoisie

Facades that are dumbed down for the bourgeoisie

• Oct 17, 2018

unorthodox but it satisfies the nosiness of people who want to gossip about their encounters in the world.