Temple Grandin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Temple Grandin Reviews

August 25, 2016
This one's an all star. I had put this on my watch list and kept skipping over it. I just had the feeling that the character of Temple Grandin would be hard to pull off, and because of that would be more miss than hit. But then I just happened to look up the ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and saw the 100% and 95%, so I settled in.

The film was a great combination of acting, directing, and story telling. It didn't get into the overly maudlin nor the grandiose. It was a very down-to-earth portrayal of a very gifted women looking to move forward courageously in a very confusing world.

I've seen Danes in a few movies, but never considered her a top notch actor. Well, I've found that, that's a very inaccurate appraisal. In this role she shined. She was Will Smith as Mohammed Ali. She was Jamie Fox as Ray. There WAS no Claire Danes only Temple Grandin.

I loved the story, the struggle, the challenge, the courage, the love. A most satisfying film on all levels. Yes, near perfection indeed.
August 15, 2016
I don't remember when was the last time I have rated a movie 5/5. This movie is a masterpiece and a must watch!
August 7, 2016
A very fine film based on the life of Temple Grandin. I thought they did a very good job of it. Watch it.
August 4, 2016
Interesting, I was a visual-type learner too, but obviously not to the extent of a Temple Grandin type, but enough to enjoy and relate in a small way to the visual cues the movie chose, which is the kind of touch that can make or break a project like this. Well-made.
July 29, 2016
A beautifully made film about one of the most fascinating minds in the world today. I just love this film.
½ July 25, 2016
Danes carefully brings the true story of a young autistic women to the small screen. This is her best work to date
July 24, 2016
I just can't wait. It's a remarkable portrait about a human condition. Nicely done.
½ June 12, 2016
Claire Danes ha sido una de mis favoritas actrices por mucho tiempo y aquĆ­ demuestra porque. Un papel hecho a la medida. Muy buen biopic.
½ May 3, 2016
"ENDEARING | INSPIRATIONAL | MOVING | POWERFUL | RIVETING" (95-out-of-100)
April 20, 2016
Temple Grandin is an incredible look into the autistic mind. As someone on the spectrum, I can attest to its accuracy.
March 27, 2016
Loved this-- a must see movie; and of course Claire Danes was sensational !!
February 11, 2016
Entertaining, informative, heartfelt. Claire Danes is in her element.
January 30, 2016
Outstanding film. Clare Danes was fantastic. She was so 'in' the character that it took me a while to identify her. Parents and Educators should certainly see this film.
½ November 13, 2015
First of all, I never took Claire Danes seriously, because,in all the movies that I watched with her, she struck me as a half baked actress who specialized in some silly roles. But her performance in this movie is simply captivating. And the movie's message about autism and a humane handling of cattle -- wow, I am glad that I watched this movie.
November 1, 2015
The overall story was interesting and Claire Danes put on yet another impressive performance, but the movie just felt slow and long. They did a good job of helping you see the world through her eyes and understand how overwhelming it could be.
½ September 2, 2015
Clare Danes gives a hypnotic performance and director Mick Jackson keeps the film as visually interesting and full of ideas.
August 21, 2015
?ēimizi ?s?tan bir film daha..
RCCLBC
July 29, 2015
I have always been sort of indifferent about Claire Danes, but I believe that with this film she has really proved herself to be quite an actress.

It's a performance that if done poorly could have come across as over the top are cartoonish, but Danes nuanced performance brings the quirky Grandin to life in a very believable, moving yet empowering way.

The supporting cast (particularly Ormond & O'Hara) are also superb.

In addition to the great acting, the film was edited and enhanced in a delightful way, that really helps the viewer have a better understanding of the complex way that Grandin's (brilliant) mind works.

An exceptionally good film about an exceptionally brilliant woman.