The Cloverfield Paradox Reviews

• Oct 16, 2019

It wasn't any better than any other space-monsters movie but it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews are indicating. The best part was the last 10 seconds- I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a prequel to Cloverfield? If so, I don't recall them mentioning an energy crisis in that one so it doesn't really work. Chris O'Dowd is underrated. In general. Just sayin.

• Oct 08, 2019

Is there anything more unimaginative, more uninspired, and more quintessentially JJ Abrams, than purchasing 3 unrelated scripts, shoot some scenes to shoehorn them into one another, and call it a universe?

• Oct 06, 2019

BIRDBOX IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE IN HUMAN HISTORY. JUST SAYING

BIRDBOX IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE IN HUMAN HISTORY. JUST SAYING

• Sep 22, 2019

Unlike some people, I personally didn't mind the loose connection between 'Cloverfield' and '10 Cloverfield Lane'. Both were very good films in their own right. 'Paradox' is similarly very loosely connected to the 'Cloverfield' universe, but the problem is that unlike the other two, it's not a good film on its own terms. It's boring and does virtually nothing of substance with the cast, characters, and story. Really just a waste of time. 1/5*

• Sep 10, 2019

• Aug 26, 2019

A cheap and tired plot

A cheap and tired plot

• Aug 23, 2019

This is a fun sci-fi disaster movie and wisely moves fast enough to keep the audience questions to a minimum. By avoiding specifics the plot is able to adopt a 'here's what's happening, just go with it' attitude that works well enough. Lots of fun sci-fi ideas, most of which have been done before. Like many disaster movies it suffers from character contrivances that put themselves in more danger than necessary, but if that doesn't bother you then you may really enjoy this one.

• Aug 12, 2019

Seriously flawed movies with a few decent bits. I personally liked when weird shit started happening on the station and there wasn't nearly enough of that. One gripe I have that may seem pedantic as well was that the physics in it for the gravity/water freezing in space was completely ridiculous, and having them spot the earth from the other side of the sun and plan to travel the vast distance in a shuttle was mindbogglingly dumb. So many idiotic plot points that made no sense except to artificially inject drama and suspense.

• Jul 25, 2019

Its like the movie Event Horizon but worse.

Its like the movie Event Horizon but worse.