The Devil's Arithmetic Reviews

• May 17, 2018

All I wanted was to see the book turned into a movie. I got only 25% of my wish.

• Jan 15, 2018

While emotionally manipulative and filled with thin supporting characters. Haunting imagery and scenes of genuine horror redeem the film.

• Mar 16, 2017

Great movie, really educates me though it's fiction it is quite realistic gives me an idea of what happened in the holocaust. The holocaust was real and shouldn't be repeated in this modern day theholocaust was evil.

the whole thing was a dream old and redundent plot

the whole thing was a dream old and redundent plot

• Mar 16, 2017

Previously I had really enjoyed Donna Deitch's earlier lesbian romance period piece, 'Desert Hearts', and I had found Kirsten Dunst and Brittany Murphy amazing in 'Melancholia' and 'Sin City' respectively, but a TV-movie utilizing time-travel as a plot device for a spoiled Jewish teenager to come to grips with her heritage seemed quite a bold and intriguing cinematic experiment, not to mention being an entirely different can of worms than ever I've been privy to watching. Even though personally I have as little to do with Jewish customs as lesbian issues, like Deitch's earlier work, I was able to appreciate it, though I still prefer her earlier film, if I was held at gunpoint and had to rank the two. It's a crying shame, looking at Deitch's IMDb page, that this talented San Francisco native, now 71, has been relegated to basically doing TV episodes since this came out.

Watched it in school it was great

Watched it in school it was great

• Mar 16, 2017

The subject is sensitive and tearjerking. Although the amateur actress made me skeptical.

it was a interesting movie that touxhed ur soul and u would never forget it

it was a interesting movie that touxhed ur soul and u would never forget it

• Mar 16, 2017

Very touching film n in my eyes-cuz I know probably nothing could truly commemorate the true tragedy behind the holocaust-but in my eyes the movie was great and I really truly felt for them...I watched this movie in history class-I wouldn't have been able to watch it alone-and it was just truly tragic...it really makes us appreciate how we've got it made here in America in the 21st century...if I ever got the strength to watch a tragedy again I definitely would...other than that I'm not the type to wanna watch these kind of movies...

• Mar 16, 2017

This movie is so intense and so good I saw it in like 8th grade for one of my classes it was awesome and is my favorite Kirsten Dunst movie.