The Evil Within Reviews

• 3d ago

Good movie, interesting premise, acting was meh, except for Frederick Koehler in the main role. He was great. Excellent performance, saved the movie.

• Feb 25, 2020

This one was really bad. This movie is a bit of a forgotten film because it took literally forever to come out. The Evil Within actually started filming back in 2002 and finished sometime in 2008 after years of delays. The movie was then edited for years, but then the director died in 2015. It was then finally released in 2017. What we get here is a movie that's just a bit of a mess that definitely feels like it's from 2002. Dennis Peterson (Frederick Koehler) is a mentally handicapped young man living with his younger brother John (Sean Patrick Flanery). One day John and his girlfriend Lydia (Dina Meyer) purchase Dennis an old antique mirror. Dennis doesn't like the mirror, but soon enough warms up to it when he begins talking to his reflection. The reflection talks back and soon enough it becomes apparent that the reflection is not a good person. The reflection tells Dennis to kill people and that's literally the movie. The film has some really strange pacing, but with the knowledge of the history of this production it makes sense. There's even a side story with John and Lydia that really adds nothing to the movie. The reflection itself is a demon and when you see it there is a level of creepiness to it, but once again this movie was very much low budget. This one was a challenge to get through and I wouldn't recommend it!

• Nov 22, 2019

It took 10 years to be filmed, edited and directed to make this b movie masterpiece! Lots of Meth involved...and the director died of a drug overdose right before this film's completion. Millions and millions dumped into this film straight out of the director's pocket...an heir to the Getty Oil fortune!

• May 06, 2019

There was some terrible editing, and bad set design BUT there was also a lot of unique shots pulled off. The ending play was awesome! I definitely was spooked with an eerie feeling. The story behind this movie is what makes it sort of legendary.

• Oct 19, 2018

Was on cell for it but was following along for whole thing. Wasn't scary and felt like a low budget movie. The plot was ok at best and the direction wasn't great so it felt like an amateur movie.

• Oct 15, 2018

Excellent horror film. One of my favorites this year.

Excellent horror film. One of my favorites this year.

• Aug 19, 2018

9/10 for the amazing stylistic choices this movie takes on.

9/10 for the amazing stylistic choices this movie takes on.

• Apr 05, 2018

Wow... I actually enjoyed this. I have watched some serious crap with good reviews lately.. so I totally had no expectations.. No that is not true, I expect crap. & surprise this is not near perfect, however seriously very, very rarely are.movies in this genre even close. Through all of it's shortcomings, and there are, it is close to being close to perfect. It is infectious and forgivable for its flaws... Frederick Koehler, Dennis, is very good .. even impressive. Just try it.. open mind, don't expect a master piece it is a thriller, kinda horror flick and that it did well.

• Mar 31, 2018

This is the first time I have ever writing a movie review and the reason why is because this movie truly surprised me. This movie was amazing and the acting was completely on point. Honestly the kid in the moive deserved to become big in Hollywood.

• Mar 24, 2018

ya know, i think i kind of liked this one... the beginning was weird - & i liked it. the middle was fine; nothing special, if maybe even a little boring. but then the end was super weird - & i really liked it.