The Glass Castle Reviews

• Feb 10, 2020

Critics Schmitics, fab movie. I *didnt* read the book. I would suggest that this might be the key to enjoying this film, which I did immensely. If its not a documentary so what? This film teaches you that life isn't about dwelling on darkness, but finding the chinks of light. Mountain Goat was great, in all her incarnations. As as someone said "of course" was the Main Man WH. Heartwarming, and too real for some. Dull? I think you must be tired.

• Jan 07, 2020

Great actors but the book is always better then the movie.. they skipped out on soooo many details and good parts. Pretty disappointed.

• Nov 24, 2019

Great cast... quite a story

Great cast... quite a story

• Nov 10, 2019

what a beautiful film but very heartbreaking story!

what a beautiful film but very heartbreaking story!

• Sep 28, 2019

Watching terrible parents was not "heart warming". Woody Harrelson is a great actor but this movie was annoying. Would have liked it better if it was fiction.

• Sep 27, 2019

Brilliant! Yes, people who do bad things can have good hearts. Yes, people who do bad things are often broken. It doesn't excuse their crimes, but it's important to remember the human aspect. No one is all bad! I love this adaptation.

• Jul 18, 2019

Brie Larson (including the actresses portraying a younger Jeannette) and Woody Harrelson were just awesome in The Glass Castle. They made this story empathetic and quite heart-wrenching to the last.

• Jun 27, 2019

Acting was great and the story was moving.

Acting was great and the story was moving.

• May 21, 2019

Brie Larson is busy. It seems like she has been in movie after movie lately, but to be honest...I'm not complaining. This emotional story about Walls and their amazingly wild upbringing is a rollercoaster of emotion from beginning to end. I loved the nature of the characters and the story that it told, but it makes you absolutely feel for the kids. On one hand, they got this upbringing that showed them that the world is so much more than dollars and things, but at the same time deprived them of what some may call a "traditional" upbringing. There were moments in the film where you absolutely wanted to reach through the screen and "rescue" the children, but then there were parts that you realize...maybe I'm the one who needs saving. I need saving from the cookie-cutter life that I'm living, maybe I need to more open to adventure and the idea of finding more out of life. I need a fire in my belly. Great film, the only knock is that it had a few moments where I felt like it dragged, but overall great!

• May 11, 2019

Such a beautiful movie on showing us how difficult life can truly be growing up poor but love and family will always show us how special life truly is.