The Greatest Showman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Greatest Showman Reviews

November 16, 2018
The well-choreographed dances and catchy songs are great. But "The Greatest Showman" tries to give the audience the allusion of character arches, and sadly doesn't deliver the real thing.
November 15, 2018
I honestly have no idea what critics hate so much about this
November 15, 2018
Really enjoyed the songs and Hugh Jackman in this film although yes story wise its not particularly innovative or historically accurate its still enjoyable to watch and sends a message of body positivity, overall just a fun flim that doesnt deserve the hate
November 14, 2018
The characters do lack depth and the story is short and familiar. Despite this Jackman's performance and the musical performances do make up for it quite a bit.
November 14, 2018
This film was truly amazing thank you all who made it ??????
November 13, 2018
It doesn't always blend its modern day music and classic timeline perfectly, but it features good cinematography, great performances and dance numbers that are fairly strong, if a bit cheesy at times.
November 13, 2018
This is a very confused movie. There is exceptional music from the team behind ÔLa La LandÔ?, put to a film that doesnÔ(TM)t quite know what it is. The performances arenÔ(TM)t terrible, but for the most part two-dimensional. The story itself is not a historically accurate representation of the lead, and suffers from trying to appeal to a wide audience. However, the musical numbers are well-crafted, and it has some entertainment to make up for the messiness of the film.
November 12, 2018
Warm, uplifting tale of one man's obsession together with his personal love story and relationship with society's outcasts. Fantastic cast, soundtrack and story. Everyone I know loves this movie, adults and children alike - I don't know what the critics were watching!
November 9, 2018
i love this movie u r not seeing your every day musical
½ November 9, 2018
Great movie with amazing energy and beautiful soundtrack. Not sure why so many critics disliked it. Perhaps it's because critics are useless. Some of the movies they rave about are as interesting as a piece of plywood. The greatest showman is also loved by children and adults, which is rare for a movie these days. I only had a couple issues with the movie. First, the casting of Michelle Williams, she was not a good fit to play Jackman's wife. She's a bit young for him, which aged Hugh Jackman a bit. Also, Zak Efron's character and storyline did not fit well into the movie and seemed to be an attempt to add more depth to the story, which it did not. However, the songs, the dancing, the eclectic cast, and the sweet wholesome story made for an incredible film that left me wanting more. It may not have received the awards and critical acclaim it deserved, but it is still a classic that will be enjoyed by many for generations to come.
November 7, 2018
I think this is one of the movies where the critics clearly have it wrong which can be seen by the large gap between critic and audience score. I usually don't care for musicals but fell in love with this movie given the storyline and above all else the song quality. Tremendous, fun, motivational movie that anyone can enjoy.
November 7, 2018
Story based on a real person with little to do with reality. Barnum was a slave owner, exploited 'freaks' and created a system of indentured servitude of his employees. It's pretty horrific to see hollywood glorify this person.
November 5, 2018
Left me speechless was one of the best movies I had ever seen!
November 1, 2018
Absolutely great movie! And the music is great. My three boys 2,6&7 loved the music as well as myself and my husband and it's quickly a family favorite!
November 1, 2018
It may not be historically accurate, and the special effects aren't the best, but I couldn't help but enjoy this movie. Great message, great music, and very emotional.
November 1, 2018
This film ´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 is amazing ´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2~,´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2~´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2~´┐ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2
½ October 29, 2018
While this isn't anywhere near historically accurate, I don't feel that it matters with movies. The job of a movie is to be a movie. The Greatest Showman is a very fun musical that features quite possibly the greatest musical sequences in a film I've ever seen. The choreography looks incredible, and even includes subtle effects to make it a little more spectacular.

While not the greatest show, this certainly is a pretty great show in of itself.

9/10
½ October 29, 2018
Critics are idiots! This was a very entertaining movie. Enjoy!
October 29, 2018
El mejor musical que he visto!!!
October 28, 2018
I very much enjoyed this movie. It was fun, colorful, joyous and engaging. I left with a smile on my face and a dancing skip in my step.