The Greatest Showman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Greatest Showman Reviews

½ September 19, 2018
Saw this in the theater. Just not my type of movie. Wardrobe was good but everything else was just not my cup of tea.
September 19, 2018
My daughter and I are obsessed with this movie. Love everything about it !
½ September 18, 2018
music was all Taylor Swift type pop crap :( The story could have been good but it was hardly there, 3 lines n straight into another crappy song. Spent half the movie fast forwarding
September 17, 2018
The Greatest Showman is magestic. It reminds me how much imagination can become reality. The music and performance is beautiful. It is a celebration of humanity!
½ September 16, 2018
Me and my kids loved this movie. Loved all the songs! Especially This is me!
September 16, 2018
'The Greatest Showman' flashes its circus spectacle with grand dance numbers in this rags-to-riches story that will surely entertain the family, but it does nothing in terms of exploring the real complex and intriguing life story of its main character and the deceitful life he lived.
September 15, 2018
Great movie . Incredible soundtrack. My family and kids love it.
September 15, 2018
I have been so sad that I missed it while it was in the theatre. I hope to see it soon.
September 15, 2018
Hugh Jackman. zach Efron.
Singing dancing. Entertainment
Just old fashioned entertainment. !!!
September 15, 2018
I loved this movie. The soundtrack is fantastic and felt refreshing with songs that truly make this a 2018 version of a musical (like Moulin Rouge was in the early 2000s except The Greatest Showman had a cast that can ACTUALLY sing). Some of the songs were reminiscent something you would hear from Fall Out Boy. Yes, there's some Auto-tuning happening but it's a good reflection of our times because seriously, what song is NOT auto-tuned now?? I first heard the soundtrack on Pandora, having never heard of the movie, and realized I had to watch the film. The plot is pretty well developed for a movie that's under 2 hours. I understood the struggles between race, class, and how the characters were all just aiming to be accepted by society. I think for the film to convey this meaning and still fit that many songs into the film is pretty impressive. For people just looking for a movie with just talking, no singing, this is the wrong film for you so don't watch it and then criticize it because there's "too much singing." For the naysayers who say the film is not historically accurate, if you look up the history of PT Barnum, the movie pretty much touches on many of the main points of his life. Obviously this is a musical so there's some artistic license to make changes to the story because, come one people, the true story of PT Barnum did not include him bursting into song every few minutes. If you want a true biopic, go watch a boring documentary, but don't criticize it because it's actually an interesting movie. Watching this actually made me want to find out more info and learn more about the real Barnum on my own. Overall, this is a total feel good movie with songs to pull at your heartstrings (This is Me, Never Enough) and others that make you want to get up and dance (The Greatest Show, Come Alive). I feel like the critics completely missed the mark and failed to understand the core purpose of the movie. Just like how in the movie, the Times writer failed to appreciate that Barnum's circus achieved what it set out to do, which is put smiles on the faces of the audience, the negative critics for the movie are doing the same thing. When the credits started rolling, I had a silly grin on my face, felt happier than I had been before the movie, and it left me wanting more (perhaps a Broadway version??). Definitely watch it.
½ September 14, 2018
i watched it but in all reality did the ringling brothers need money for they're fines surprised at cast for doing the movie i thought they were better then that i guess like many people f--k the animals who cares about the asshole that started it
½ September 14, 2018
Love this movie, something I can watch with my kids that isn't animated.
Fun poositive light movie
September 14, 2018
Oh how wrong were the critics, a truly uplifting movie, not a PT Barnum biopic but a wonderful toe-tapping, ear-worm of a big budget musical. So glad has taken nearly half a billion dollars and counting. Well done Hugh!
September 14, 2018
One of the greatest movies of all time.
September 14, 2018
If you have ever been in to theatre, you will want to see this movie. It is uplifting along with all of its theatrics??
September 13, 2018
Loved everything about this movie, especially the music
½ September 13, 2018
Garbage! Hugh jackman got an excuse to play with zac effron. horrible story. nothing based on actual facts and most stolen from the circus star Issac vanamburgh. good for 5-8 year olds.
September 11, 2018
I don't care if it's not what P.T. Barnum was like, it's pretty, it's got good music, and it entertained me. It's a musical, that's all I want out of it.
½ September 11, 2018
The music is amazing, but the story stringing the songs together is thin.