There Will Be Blood Reviews

• Jan 11, 2020

Very well made movie in all respects: plot, cinematography, acting. Plot is informative from the historical and business points of view. Cinematography is deservedly awarded by Oscar, pictures are pleasant to observe. Acting is brilliant. Daniel Plainview is tough, ambitious, greed man, he knows how to lead business and ready for everything to succeed. Despite few negative character features Daniel does not reject viewer from his character, vice versa attract and makes viewers watch him with very interest. If such a man lived today, he would be called a shark of business. All this is DDL's merit. This movie should not be missed.

• Dec 27, 2019

Daniel Day-Lewis gives a tour-de-force in one of the epics of this century, Thomas-Anderson's crowning jewel and a movie that is not overwhelmed by its gargantuan scope.

• Dec 18, 2019

Paul Thomas Anderson's greatest masterpiece by far, the film is powered by Daniel Day Lewis, whose performance made him drink every other actor's milkshake to win best actor in 2007, and Paul Dano is nearly as brilliant acting as well. The film certainly gave out the message of the negative sides of capitalism and greed.

• Dec 14, 2019

I'm a professional classical musician. For the first time in my life, I had to stop watching a movie I'd have otherwise enjoyed due to its unbelievably awful score. The utter cluelessness and talentlessness of the "composer" is evident literally anytime there is something other than silence in the background. That someone actually hired this idiot defies belief.

• Dec 05, 2019

There Will Be Blood is a quiet force that methodical moves along, much like the Daniel Plainview himself. From the first frame to the last, this film demands perfection not only itself, but from us, the moviegoers. This may very well be one of the best movies ever made, not just 2007. Daniel Day-Lewis is, like always, brilliant and deserving of his best actor awards. While Paul Dano has been good in other roles, he may never capture the authenticity that he had as Paul and Eli Sunday. By far the best film of Paul Thomas Anderson's directing career.

• Nov 29, 2019

While movie may be slow to others even having a long silences there is a strong heart to film and deep passion into its characters. Its strength is not that into trying to convince they are something extra special they are trying to sell you that didn't see. In fact its opposite such shallow truth in front of us of who these people are and what they want could be not be anymore simple. It is a grittiness of people trying to take what they want anyway they can, often coming in different forms.

• Nov 24, 2019

Simply the best movie I have ever seen.

Simply the best movie I have ever seen.

• Nov 17, 2019

Great acting and pacing, and great work setting the period. Also the music just excelled the whole experience. Very competent filmmaking and cinematography. Great story, like a parable. Capitalism/industry, death, greed, religion, and human relationships, I see little has changed in 100 years.

• Nov 11, 2019

A movie as rich as this should never be missed; it's the movie of our young century.

• Nov 02, 2019

Daniel Day-Lewis in There Will Be Blood is Hands down one of the best performances by a leading actor ever !! Absolutely flawless! Paul Thomas Anderson fires on all cylinders crafting his finest film to date and with Daniel Day-Lewis commanding the lead There Will Be Blood is one of the best movies I've ever seen. I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!