Tiger Raid Reviews

• Jun 13, 2019

Overlong, too drawn out, brutal and nasty. Not enjoyable.

Overlong, too drawn out, brutal and nasty. Not enjoyable.

• Jun 01, 2017

If you want a shoot em up, with no acting. This is not it. It is gritty, well acted. These reviews don't do it justice.

• Mar 17, 2017

Gleeson gives a savage performance.

Gleeson gives a savage performance.

• Nov 28, 2016

This is like one of those countless flicks that came out after Pulp Fiction. It is decent until the final act where it swiftly nose dives into a pile of pig spunk.

• Oct 28, 2016

Worst film I've seen in ages.....

Worst film I've seen in ages.....

• Oct 24, 2016

Got to be the worse film I've watched

Got to be the worse film I've watched

• Jul 13, 2016

Was lucky enough to catch this movie at the Galway Film Festival. I had heard good things about it and it turned out to be even better than I expected. 2 main characters worked very well off each other with the help of an excellent script and story line. Overall very intense movie with some great dark humour thrown in at just the right times. Would Def recommend.

• Jul 13, 2016

This film was a spectacular watch- its stunning scapes juxtaposed with the raw language gave it a very individual feel. The concept and storyline were very engaging, and the relationship between both characters likewise. I enjoyed several laugh out loud moments as the language takes it to another level as well as two or three 'I wasn't expecting that'. The film keeps you on your toes with it's flashback scenes and the taut bond between the characters, The camerawork is particularly enjoyable and adds much to the tone of the film. I was feeling Martin McDonagh vibes as well as Mad Max vibes (as in the Charlize Theron one). This movie is a must watch and I am very excited for Irish cinema with this gem of a film.

• Jul 12, 2016

What a stunning and pleasant surprise the premiere of Tiger Raid proved to be. A surprise because I'm not a big fan of the genre but this was splendid on so many levels. The dialog was outstanding but you would expect his, the film born from a play by Mick Donnellan, a master of the art but the plot too was excellent, somehow managing to combine an almost unbearable tension with moments of great humour. The cinematography was stunning, filmed in Jordan, depicting war-torn Iraq. The three main actors were excellent too, Sopia in particular and without giving any spoilers I can say that the plot had more twists and turns than a tricky corner forward, as it wound it's way to an epic conclusion. A great nights entertainment. Highly recommend.

• Jul 12, 2016

A highly interesting and thrilling film that keeps you on the edge of your seat. There are plenty of funny moments with witty dialogue between the two main characters. I really enjoyed the twists the film took and was highly surprised by the ending. I would definitely recommend to watch this film!!