Tolkien Reviews

• 3d ago

A beautiful movie, some moments are dull but overall something worth watching

A beautiful movie, some moments are dull but overall something worth watching

• Jun 07, 2020

Tolkien is a period based on J.R.R. Tolkien's life and his inspiration to his middle earth novels. Nicholas Hoult does a good job in portraying Tolkien but there should have been better imagination to show how Tolkien was able to achieve his goals. It was well written with a good cast but overall the flick was okay, it didn't grab much if my attention. Overall the movie was ok nothing memorable it just passed the time.

• Jun 04, 2020

Tal vez no debería de haber durado tanto, pero al final la historia de Tolkien se cuenta de manera un tanto satisfactoria como decepcionante.

• Jun 02, 2020

I found it to be slow, long, dull, and plodding.

I found it to be slow, long, dull, and plodding.

• May 21, 2020

Tough watch. Moves very slowly. I wanted to enjoy it, but it seems incomplete or badly edited. No discussion on his relationship with C.S. Lewis, which surprised me.

• May 18, 2020

Not bad by any means, just mis-marketed.

Not bad by any means, just mis-marketed.

• May 16, 2020

Tolkien is a biopic on the legendary writer, but you wouldn't guess here that he created the biggest adventure franchise ever. Hoult does well, but there is too much private school banter and no substance. This one isn't precious.

• May 10, 2020

Good film. I think people who expect a lotr type affair will be disappointed but those looking for a good journey and story will not. Only gripe is his they secularised him and removed his faith in order to make him accessible. Sure they are other inconsistencies but in the whole very enjoyable and wholesome film.

• May 06, 2020

Disappointing account of the great author. Wanted more Lord of the Rings background story.

• Apr 26, 2020

Disavowed by JRR Tolkien's family and estate and overpassing the influence of Christianity in his writing, this autobiography of the eponymous fantasy writer is however altogether veracious and emotive in relating Tolkien's often difficult circumstances to the mythos of his "The Lord of the Rings".