Making a Murderer: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 04, 2019

Must see take on some of the things that can go wrong in a case. Even if Avery is guilty, there needs to be a reckoning with how this case was handled. Justice cannot prevail police and prosecutors aren't held to exacting standards. The way they handled this could easily result in innocent people being locked away (and Avery appears to be innocent based off of this series).

• Feb 12, 2019

Might be interesting but it was far too slow so I only made it half way through the first episode.

• Dec 16, 2018

I liked it a lot and it was fun to discuss with friends. However, I think this dude is guilty as sin.

• Nov 05, 2018

If you're looking for a series that will not only keep you glued but also get you fired up, Making a Murderer is that series! It isn't often that I find a show that captivates my attention in a way that truly interferes with my daily life. Regardless of what other important things I had to get done, I just couldn't pull myself away. Consider yourself warned.

• Oct 31, 2018

Get Steven Avery out of jail!

Get Steven Avery out of jail!

• Oct 30, 2018

I am so devoted to this documentary series. I am flabbergasted on how these 2 men are still in prison with so much corruption and wrongful actions taken by the state. There should be a new trail for both of them due to the states lack of professionalism and lack of justice. The state should have taken the rightful steps that Ms. Zellner did and not hide & plant evidence to frame 2 innocent men! I feel even more so saddened for Brendan Dassey's mother. I couldn't imagine having my son stripped away from me & take 10+ years away from me & him over them making him falsely confess. My prayers go out to the family and I hope that Zellner is able to trace the evidence to the TRUE killer to Teresa Halbach. So the Halbach's family can have a sense of peace, Teresa have peace & so 2 innocent men to finally be free. #PrayingForJustice

• Oct 29, 2018

Unreal injustice. I can't believe I waited so long to watch this. You MUST watch this.

• Oct 29, 2018

Best docuseries ive seen, sad but true case of an innocent man sent to prison twice after being framed by local corrupt law enforcement. Very well done!

• Oct 28, 2018

it is amazing how broken the justice system is in wisconsin. i used to go to Oshkosh for the big airshow but i will never go again for fear that some corrupt cop will take a fancy to me. the supreme court of the us should take a look at this flawed state.

• Oct 28, 2018

Making a Murderer is an interesting documentary and does a great job of highlighting the failures of the American justice system. Throughout the twists and turns of the documentary you will be kept questioning Avery's (and Dassey's) guilt and questioning how either of these trials were considered fair. Unfortunately the questions that the show raises all fall apart once you start doing a bit more research into the cases. Whilst the claim is that this was approached from a neutral viewpoint, when you look into the sheer volume of key evidence that has been left out of the documentary, it's clear that at some point during filming the angle shifted to a desire to show Avery as a framed man regardless of what the evidence actually suggests. It cheapens the impact of the documentary, leaving it feel more like an attempt at emotional manipulation than a real eye opener.