10,000 B.C. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10,000 B.C. Reviews

½ November 8, 2018
This film was unwatchable.
½ October 8, 2018
It's is way to harshly criticized it has some stupid names and the geography is ridiculous but I still really enjoyed the movie as stupid as it was. The costumes were good the effects were nice but overall is still fun to watch and deserves better than 8 percent
September 24, 2018
10,000 BC could have been better in the hands of a talented filmmaker but as it stands there is nothing here but bland visuals. This is a tragic example of seeing dollar signs above creativity and art. There is no story at all and even the special effects seem dated. The director Ronald Emmerich is no Spielberg and one knows what he is getting into whilst watching his films but even Independence Day and Godzila were at least entertaining. Guilty pleasure even. The problem with 10,000 BC is that it takes itself way too seriously. Give this one a pass. (Even by Emeerich's standards this is a travesty).
September 15, 2018
This was a fantastic, fun movie! Critics are once again, as usual- very poor at truly critical analysis. Go see it!!
½ August 5, 2018
Not very historically accurate but I quite enjoyed this!
July 11, 2018
Nothing but bland visuals. This is a tragic example of seeing dollar signs above creativity and art. There is no story at all and even the special effects seem dated. The director Ronald Emmerich is no Spielberg and one knows what he is getting into whilst watching his films but even Independence Day and Godzila were at least entertaining. Guilty pleasure even. The problem with 10,000 BC is that it takes itself way too seriously. Give this one a pass.
½ June 26, 2018
There's really just nothing to this movie. The style of it doesn't look that good and the it feels inconsistent with it's own world. There wasn't a single scene in the entire movie where I cared at all what was happened or what was coming up next. The characters have absolutely no development, any deaths in the movie feel forced and meaningless and don't make you feel anything because you don't care about them. I had a hard time telling many of the characters apart because all the costume designs look so similar and for the first half hour of the movie, I couldn't even tell who the main character was.

While it's certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen, its definitely one of the most boring. There was nothing to this movie, and I don't ever plan on watching it again
½ April 30, 2018
It's really the cookie cutter plot that makes it so terrible for me. I was able to overlook the complete lack of historical accuracy and incredibly poor special effects.
April 17, 2018
It's just a bad film. That simple.
½ April 8, 2018
I agree with this rating. The movie was boring and predictable
½ April 2, 2018
Visually, it was pretty good. However, the plot was awful and the names of the characters were laughable, even for Mesolithic humans. Also, the historical aspects were miles off; even Braveheart was more historically accurate.
½ March 20, 2018
Go into the movie with the right mindset, and you'll have an enjoyable experience. No citizen cane, but enjoyable schlock. If you want an extra fun time, watch it with some friends (preferably while drunk) and turn it into a "so bad it's good" movie night
March 3, 2018
it was ok not the best
February 4, 2018
I was slightly drunk when I watched this movie and I found this was the best state of mind to be in for a proper viewing. Not smashed out of your skull drunk, but an 'Eh, whatever' level of intoxication.

The Story: Eh, whatever.

The Script: Eh, whatever.

The cavemen with dreadlocks and proper English exotic accents: Eh, whatever.

Mammoths helping to build the Pyramids when we all know it was aliens: Eh, whatever.

The CGI: Okay, no. Memo to movie studios: when a drunk person thinks, 'This is pretty bad', you've got a problem.
½ February 2, 2018
Uh, a little bit better than i anticipated, but that's me saying a kick to the groin is better than a stab to the gut.
½ January 31, 2018
Why was this movie made and how? I challenge you to sit through this movie, I'm on my 4th attempt.
January 14, 2018
There are 2 main complaints I have about this movie. First of all, D'Leh was a horrible hero. He lies at the beginning of the movie and after that he doesn't do anything heroically great. He becomes a hero because other people think he is because it looked like he could talk to a Saber Toothed Tiger when in reality he couldn't. But it just looked that way so everybody was like, "Yeah, this guy's a hero." The other thing that grinds my gears about the movie is the love story. The entire point of the movie revolves around D'Leh and Evolet. That's the main reason he goes looking for her after she gets kidnapped. But we don't see any romance between the 2. The last thing we see of them together before the kidnapping scene is them getting into the fight. How is the audience supposed to sympathize for them if we don't see their love grow throughout the movie? It just becomes bland. The underdevelopment of the characters and story is the underlying issue. Like D'Leh's father. We are supposd to feel bad for D'Leh and the lose of his father. But we can't because we never get to him and his father together at all. Again, underdeveloped characters. Other than that, I thought the movie was entertaining and fun if you don't take the movie too seriously.
½ January 13, 2018
Bad lame cgi filled movie.
January 11, 2018
Worst movie ever. The action hero was beyond dumb and the movies main characters should be the mammoths because their so many apperances throughout the movie. Also the mammoths did all the work in the fight scene.
½ January 6, 2018
This movie has to be in the top three of worst films ever made. That it has a 37% audience score boggles the mind. Nothing in the film makes any sense. There is rarely a time when movement from one scene to the next is even remotely understandable. There is literally a point at which they heroes lose a river in the desert. What I mean is, they see a river, they begin to pursue the antagonists who are using said river, and they lose the river... In the desert.