10,000 B.C. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10,000 B.C. Reviews

October 7, 2016
I really want ot see this awesome movie
½ September 18, 2016
A horrid motion picture.
½ August 4, 2016
cant really think of anything i actually liked about the movie... couldnt understand the voice over, historically false, bad CGI, poorly cast.
June 6, 2016
Expected total crap from what most people told me but found it pretty good, Effects were ok, Not much action but the plot never really gets going and is boring at times.
April 18, 2016
this looks like it has Ghost Rider appeal
April 9, 2016
Sorry folks but I thought this movie was way too awesome! Everything an action enthusiast could ever dream of! There's suspense, revenge, a great plot, and even romance! The team work between the various tribes and how they all come together for one common goal, priceless! Defeat the evil! Let's go good guys! Go watch it!
February 6, 2016
is on my list: 10 worst films ever - so cheers to the Swabian Spielberg.

my positive review of the film "Quest for Fire" has led me here, just to this worst of all Emmerich crappy films.

My time is too precious to more than just briefly refer to the film-defects that make me downright angry. Angry because a truely great film like "Quest for Fire" is less well known and less profitable than Swabian-Spielbergs "kunterbunte mammoth sause". (untranslateable)
The shortcomings are mentionened sufficiently in the 1-stars. Nevertheless, the most important aspect:

Emmerich charcters are generally so stereotyped, one-dimensional, bloodless and fake, that they do not actually touch me at all. So as much as 0.0. They only serve as extras, as a human dummy for CGI bombastic overkill effects. As a spectator one should at least care for certain characters, hope for them or fear. Emmerich has the "talent" that I do not care about all his characters.
Whether someone dies or not, I simply don't care at all. And I had this feeling even stronger than in other films here of R.E.
Because due to the setting in 10,000 bc, it is even more obvious, that the assembled troop of pop-batches here act in sheer mummery like a bunch of carnival astray - hilarious.
Nothing seems authentic, just fake in every way.

Sorry, but a director who refuses to take his characters seriously or cannot even make them lovable, "wastes" all his technical FX.

Rating = Aaaarrrgggggggggghhhh 15%
########15% aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhn
½ January 22, 2016
Unbelievably boring, was fighting to stay awake the entire time. The only moment of reprieve was when the credits started rolling.
December 16, 2015
Whilst not being terrible, this Roland Emmerich fantasy fails to really grab the imagination. Set in prehistoric times, it has a pretty standard plot whereby one tribe comes and pillages another, riding off with a young warrior's bride. There's then a journey as the hero gathers together a group of disgruntled warriors to go on a rescue mission. The central idea of all different races and creeds coming together under a uniting leader could have been better handled and the lumpiness of the plot is apparent with several awkward transitions from one situation to another. What can often save this kind of movie and allow the viewer to overlook inconsistencies are some good special effects and exciting battle scenes. However, in 10,000 B.C. there are simply not enough of either. With historical accuracy having been thrown to the wind, I would have liked to have had more prehistoric megafauna and a few more fantastical elements. As it is, I do feel that the movie falls between genres and doesn't really do enough. Odd when you consider that this is from a director who made his name with over the top effects and spectacle. A few more scenes of sabre toothed cats, giant killer birds and mammoths and a clearer sense that our hero was in genuine peril would have left me feeling a little less short changed.
½ November 4, 2015
You'll maybe enjoy it when you turn off your brain, and stuff so much popcorn into your face you won't care about the narration, because it is awful. The movie has some good ideas, and starts out pretty okay, but it only gtes worse from there. The only thing that work is clearly the only thing Emmerich cared about in this movie, the visuals.
½ October 28, 2015
I almost walked out of this movie to sneak into 'Are We Done Yet' featuring Ice Cube
½ October 9, 2015
Would watch again, don't remember much besides that stupid scar.
September 30, 2015
It's suppose to be good, right?
½ September 18, 2015
This is by far one of the worst movies I have ever sat through. I just feel bad that this movie killed so many actors careers. I have to put this in the same category as The Libertine the just awful Johnny Depp movie. I walked out on both.
September 9, 2015
Historically inaccurate and a very basic plot with predictable outcomes.
Most of the star rating come from the fact that visually it was rather good and many of the cast were nice to look at.
½ August 30, 2015
This movie was pretty horrible. The visuals were fantastic and it was an interesting idea, but the story was lame and generic and it was historically inaccurate. The voices were annoying and there were no stand out performances, I feel like even the director has the intelligence of a caveman.
July 17, 2015
10,000 B.C. is about a cavemen and Native American tribes unite to kill the pharaoh.

REVIEW: Okay for the record cavemen, Native Americans, Saber Toothed Tigers, and Egyptians DID NOT roam the Earth at the same time. This was not historically accurate at all. Not saying the writer is stupid, but even a 2nd grader could have gotten this right. The narrative dialogue is horrible, I can't imagine anything worse. The average 11 year old might like it but other than that no one else.

July 13, 2015
2014/02/24: This movie surprised me a bit. Thought it would be a bust but it actually entertained me a bit. Good story, some neat characters. Loyalty. Nasty ostriches and a very underused sabre tooth cat. Definitely worth a one watch.
July 13, 2015
Still rather confused how you can go from ice 3 foot deep to a rainforest within a few miles!