10,000 B.C. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10,000 B.C. Reviews

½ April 30, 2018
It's really the cookie cutter plot that makes it so terrible for me. I was able to overlook the complete lack of historical accuracy and incredibly poor special effects.
April 17, 2018
It's just a bad film. That simple.
April 10, 2018
best movie ever, the critics are a bunch of retards who hate cavemen.

Historically accurate I saw it and you didnt

the jews ruin everything
½ April 8, 2018
I agree with this rating. The movie was boring and predictable
½ April 2, 2018
Visually, it was pretty good. However, the plot was awful and the names of the characters were laughable, even for Mesolithic humans. Also, the historical aspects were miles off; even Braveheart was more historically accurate.
½ March 20, 2018
Go into the movie with the right mindset, and you'll have an enjoyable experience. No citizen cane, but enjoyable schlock. If you want an extra fun time, watch it with some friends (preferably while drunk) and turn it into a "so bad it's good" movie night
March 3, 2018
it was ok not the best
February 4, 2018
I was slightly drunk when I watched this movie and I found this was the best state of mind to be in for a proper viewing. Not smashed out of your skull drunk, but an 'Eh, whatever' level of intoxication.

The Story: Eh, whatever.

The Script: Eh, whatever.

The cavemen with dreadlocks and proper English exotic accents: Eh, whatever.

Mammoths helping to build the Pyramids when we all know it was aliens: Eh, whatever.

The CGI: Okay, no. Memo to movie studios: when a drunk person thinks, 'This is pretty bad', you've got a problem.
½ February 2, 2018
Uh, a little bit better than i anticipated, but that's me saying a kick to the groin is better than a stab to the gut.
½ January 31, 2018
Why was this movie made and how? I challenge you to sit through this movie, I'm on my 4th attempt.
January 14, 2018
There are 2 main complaints I have about this movie. First of all, D'Leh was a horrible hero. He lies at the beginning of the movie and after that he doesn't do anything heroically great. He becomes a hero because other people think he is because it looked like he could talk to a Saber Toothed Tiger when in reality he couldn't. But it just looked that way so everybody was like, "Yeah, this guy's a hero." The other thing that grinds my gears about the movie is the love story. The entire point of the movie revolves around D'Leh and Evolet. That's the main reason he goes looking for her after she gets kidnapped. But we don't see any romance between the 2. The last thing we see of them together before the kidnapping scene is them getting into the fight. How is the audience supposed to sympathize for them if we don't see their love grow throughout the movie? It just becomes bland. The underdevelopment of the characters and story is the underlying issue. Like D'Leh's father. We are supposd to feel bad for D'Leh and the lose of his father. But we can't because we never get to him and his father together at all. Again, underdeveloped characters. Other than that, I thought the movie was entertaining and fun if you don't take the movie too seriously.
½ January 13, 2018
Bad lame cgi filled movie.
January 11, 2018
Worst movie ever. The action hero was beyond dumb and the movies main characters should be the mammoths because their so many apperances throughout the movie. Also the mammoths did all the work in the fight scene.
½ January 6, 2018
This movie has to be in the top three of worst films ever made. That it has a 37% audience score boggles the mind. Nothing in the film makes any sense. There is rarely a time when movement from one scene to the next is even remotely understandable. There is literally a point at which they heroes lose a river in the desert. What I mean is, they see a river, they begin to pursue the antagonists who are using said river, and they lose the river... In the desert.
December 28, 2017
I loved the movie even though it received alot of negatives reviews, I think the actors were good and the CGI was amazing, I also think it was very entertaining!
½ October 6, 2017
Just 2 things to describe this garbage.
1. Stone age, with dodo's, mammoths, and sabertooths??
2. Iron spears and handcuffs.

really?
½ September 3, 2017
A really slow start, but finally gets interesting. The ending is weak too, so overall not a great result. Some if it looks great though.
½ August 15, 2017
The action in 10,000 B.C could be better, way better.
Acting is bad and the characters are 2 dimensions, breaking any sence of immersion.
If Roland Emmerich was going for a prehistoric epic masterpiece, he failed.
If he was going for a fun action packed movie, he failed.
But if he was going for a movie that could be enjoyable by kids without much thought, he succeeded.
10.000 B.C is a pile of wasted potential.
August 5, 2017
I can understand why some dont like this movie and it deff could have been done better but i dont understand why people complain about period movies not being accurate or historically correct, who said they have to be just because a movie takes place in another time does not mean it has to be a documentary. Maybe i just like ancient history and place myself in the shoes of a mammoth hunter but i liked this movie, it didnt have a unforgettable story or cast and the cgi wasnt the greatest but the only other movie i can recall that tried this was quest for fire which had ron pearlman as a neanderthal which wasnt alot better and got an 83%
June 10, 2017
"Epic" in so much as Emmerich films always are, but that's not to be confused with "good". If you want to learn something true, or feel an emotion, look elsewhere. But if poking a mammoth with a stick is more your thing, you could probably handle 10,000 B.C.