10,000 B.C. - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

10,000 B.C. Reviews

February 4, 2018
I was slightly drunk when I watched this movie and I found this was the best state of mind to be in for a proper viewing. Not smashed out of your skull drunk, but an 'Eh, whatever' level of intoxication.

The Story: Eh, whatever.

The Script: Eh, whatever.

The cavemen with dreadlocks and proper English exotic accents: Eh, whatever.

Mammoths helping to build the Pyramids when we all know it was aliens: Eh, whatever.

The CGI: Okay, no. Memo to movie studios: when a drunk person thinks, 'This is pretty bad', you've got a problem.
½ February 2, 2018
Uh, a little bit better than i anticipated, but that's me saying a kick to the groin is better than a stab to the gut.
½ January 31, 2018
Why was this movie made and how? I challenge you to sit through this movie, I'm on my 4th attempt.
January 14, 2018
There are 2 main complaints I have about this movie. First of all, D'Leh was a horrible hero. He lies at the beginning of the movie and after that he doesn't do anything heroically great. He becomes a hero because other people think he is because it looked like he could talk to a Saber Toothed Tiger when in reality he couldn't. But it just looked that way so everybody was like, "Yeah, this guy's a hero." The other thing that grinds my gears about the movie is the love story. The entire point of the movie revolves around D'Leh and Evolet. That's the main reason he goes looking for her after she gets kidnapped. But we don't see any romance between the 2. The last thing we see of them together before the kidnapping scene is them getting into the fight. How is the audience supposed to sympathize for them if we don't see their love grow throughout the movie? It just becomes bland. The underdevelopment of the characters and story is the underlying issue. Like D'Leh's father. We are supposd to feel bad for D'Leh and the lose of his father. But we can't because we never get to him and his father together at all. Again, underdeveloped characters. Other than that, I thought the movie was entertaining and fun if you don't take the movie too seriously.
½ January 13, 2018
Bad lame cgi filled movie.
January 11, 2018
Worst movie ever. The action hero was beyond dumb and the movies main characters should be the mammoths because their so many apperances throughout the movie. Also the mammoths did all the work in the fight scene.
½ January 6, 2018
This movie has to be in the top three of worst films ever made. That it has a 37% audience score boggles the mind. Nothing in the film makes any sense. There is rarely a time when movement from one scene to the next is even remotely understandable. There is literally a point at which they heroes lose a river in the desert. What I mean is, they see a river, they begin to pursue the antagonists who are using said river, and they lose the river... In the desert.
December 28, 2017
I loved the movie even though it received alot of negatives reviews, I think the actors were good and the CGI was amazing, I also think it was very entertaining!
½ October 6, 2017
Just 2 things to describe this garbage.
1. Stone age, with dodo's, mammoths, and sabertooths??
2. Iron spears and handcuffs.

really?
½ September 3, 2017
A really slow start, but finally gets interesting. The ending is weak too, so overall not a great result. Some if it looks great though.
½ August 15, 2017
The action in 10,000 B.C could be better, way better.
Acting is bad and the characters are 2 dimensions, breaking any sence of immersion.
If Roland Emmerich was going for a prehistoric epic masterpiece, he failed.
If he was going for a fun action packed movie, he failed.
But if he was going for a movie that could be enjoyable by kids without much thought, he succeeded.
10.000 B.C is a pile of wasted potential.
August 5, 2017
I can understand why some dont like this movie and it deff could have been done better but i dont understand why people complain about period movies not being accurate or historically correct, who said they have to be just because a movie takes place in another time does not mean it has to be a documentary. Maybe i just like ancient history and place myself in the shoes of a mammoth hunter but i liked this movie, it didnt have a unforgettable story or cast and the cgi wasnt the greatest but the only other movie i can recall that tried this was quest for fire which had ron pearlman as a neanderthal which wasnt alot better and got an 83%
June 10, 2017
"Epic" in so much as Emmerich films always are, but that's not to be confused with "good". If you want to learn something true, or feel an emotion, look elsewhere. But if poking a mammoth with a stick is more your thing, you could probably handle 10,000 B.C.
½ May 31, 2017
It's not totally terrible...it just doesn't have any clue about history or semblance of good acting. Bit of a classic story though.
May 17, 2017
Who knew that metal tools, the goatee, and voice pitch-shifting were all prehistoric inventions?
February 23, 2017
The problem with this movie is that its heart just is not in it, which means it's not bad but it's not that good either. If the makers had just took a few risks this could have been a great movie. However ifs and buts don't cut it so what are we left with? A bit of a mixed bag really, an attempt at the style of "Apocalypto" and an update on the looks of the "Stargate" movie, without the sci-fi of course.

Just what Director Roland Emmerich was thinking I'm not entirely sure but to be quite honest I don't think he was thinking at all when he shot this. Ok this IS Hollywood so factual films are hardly the norm but I'm willing to forgive if the films give you that little something to grab-a-hold of. Sadly, it is not the slick epic storytelling style of "300", where you know everything is wildly inaccurate but you donâ??t care because the action is so god dam good and the concept design kicks arse!

From the outset when we get the flat "epic voiceover" (narrated by the, poorly used, but great Omar Sharif) telling us that this is the "story of blue eyes" and some other mystical nonsense, it's apparent that "10,000 BC" is trying a great deal too hard to be a family friendly version of Mel Gibson's considerably superior "Apocalypto".

In "10,000 BC", you've got Egyptian pyramids being built with the help of woolly mammoths to pull the building's stones. I believe it's supposed to be the Ice Age, and then protagonist walks over a hill and suddenly he's in the Nile Valley of 2,000 BC? Why not just call the movie "2,000 BC" and make it about ancient Egypt? I half expected to see the team of SG1 come running up a dune in search of the Stargate, in fact that WOULD have made this movie better!

Our hero lives in some undefined Ice Age region hunting mammoths possibly in Europe but just a few days walk from Egypt with its huge historically inaccurate city. Correct me if I'm wrong but 10,000 BC was right around the time agriculture was being invented? And I do believe the first cities â?? with no giant monuments â?? didn't exist until roughly 4,000 BC?

A workmen like mini-epic let down by a confusing narrative and Tv movie of the week special effects and a bunch of actors from an amateur dramatics club. Nowhere near the dizzy heights of "The Day After Tomorrow" or "Independence Day".

If the creator's had just took the story by the balls, beat seven bell of shit out it and injected some harsh brutality and violence akin to it's setting we could have got a fierce coming-of-age epic. Instead we get a child friendly Tv Movie of the week adventure with delusions of grandeur.
½ January 8, 2017
1/8/2017: The special effects of the animals was good and Belle is gorgeous, but this movie is a huge disappointment, mostly due to the dialogue. The story could have used more depth as well.
½ December 20, 2016
so boring, i always sleep when i try watch it complet
½ December 6, 2016
This has to be one of the worst movies ever made...
jamrcla
½ December 3, 2016
Expected total crap from what most people told me but found it pretty goodish, The effects were ok, Not much action and the plot never really gets going and is boring at times, Not to mention that when doing films like this makeup, White teeth and waxed eyebrows and other body parts don't help as it's pretty hard to take it serious.