Delirious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Delirious Reviews

½ July 26, 2016
Steve Buscemi fans, u should check this movie out.
July 16, 2016
A nice little gem of a film. Loved every frame. This story resonated with me on many levels but needless to say packs an emotional punch. Highly recommended.
August 12, 2014
Not always on target, but original.
½ October 19, 2013
Delirious is indeed a funny satire of the paparazzi with good performances from the main actors. Steve Buscemi plays the loser role well, being one of many sharks trying to take that one lasting shot. However, many of the character development in this movie did not get the attention it should have got: depth wise and personality wise. Take Steve Buscemi, who is playing an adult male making pictures. He visits his parents halfway through the movie and is totally disappointed that his parents don't like one of the many sleezy pictures he took. First of all, this 40 plus year-old guy should know this already, second, it's more of a teenager thing to want approval of his parents the way Buscemi wants it ("don't you like my sleezy picture?"), third, it's really not much of an original, thought provoking plot, although the whole movie basically is counting on it. That's really disappointing.

Furthermore, the film is very unrealistic, the main character being such an a-typical bum, way too handsome, way too sweet. The whole falling in love with the movie-star thing, well, I didn't buy it. Sure, it's a comedy, but it could have used a bit more realism and a bit less cinderella meets prince charming. For the rest, i do think it is a fair tale of show-bizz and all the utter bullshit that comes with it. This movie was good, I actually liked it, but it did have mayor flaws. Therefore, three and a half stars is all it's gonna get.
May 5, 2013
It is a good movie, especially if you don't expect a wacky one from the outset. Good cast and an interesting story. But in my opinion this is one that will soon become lost and forgotten in the sea of movies.
½ January 26, 2013
A good little movie. I still love DiCillo's earlier movies but this is a decent film.
½ January 19, 2013
really enjoyed it. don't know exactly why though. steve buchemi was awesome as always and michael pitt was a good choice for toby. it seems like it's unintentionally funny, and that's what makes it great.
January 1, 2013
this was silly and sexy omg
December 7, 2012
Worth finding and watching!
December 2, 2012
John Candy as his usual lovable self.
December 2, 2012
John Candy as his usual lovable self.
November 17, 2012
I remember it being just okay. Nothing to write home about.
October 22, 2012
Good performances by Pitt and Buscemi who went on to work together on Boardwalk Empire.
½ October 1, 2012
Okay storyline. Buscemi was of course the standout.
September 12, 2012
I love this film. Never seen another like it. I was hooked after the first scene. It has a lot of heart, and the music is fantastic. The first time seeing this film I thought it had a good story, and loved the dialogue between Steve Buscemi and Michael Pitt. Upon watching a second time, I found it hilarious! I've now seen it many times, and am always quoting funny lines from it. "Carl, wash your hands!"
½ August 4, 2012
An amusing take on the life of a paparazzi. Steve Buscemi practically carries this film.
½ June 14, 2012
this is a really good movie. for some reason i just found it really great. at parts i just seemed to lose track a litte bit of what was happening (but then regained what was) this was a really well made movie with a great ending.
the ending was full of emotion and it was great to see him so happy, i had begun to hate the homeless man for being selfish and unforgiving. but at the end i truly think he made up for it
April 26, 2012
4/25/2012: After an hour, it still wasn't the least bit interesting or funny
April 26, 2012
I thought acting was fabulous... This story has a tender underside
½ April 7, 2012
I'm in love with Michael Pitt. Bunch of unexpected stuff in this movie, and it was real cute. I loved it!