Delirious Reviews

• Mar 24, 2017

Movie about a paparazzi who befriends a homeless kid and teaches him the business. Then the kid becomes famous and he becomes jealous. Missed the mark to me. But I understood what the producers were tying to say. That Hollywood is all about looks and youth and lacks any substance. But the movie didn't convey that very well.

• Jul 26, 2016

Steve Buscemi fans, u should check this movie out.

Steve Buscemi fans, u should check this movie out.

• Jul 16, 2016

A nice little gem of a film. Loved every frame. This story resonated with me on many levels but needless to say packs an emotional punch. Highly recommended.

• Aug 05, 2014

Not always on target, but original.

Not always on target, but original.

• Oct 19, 2013

Delirious is indeed a funny satire of the paparazzi with good performances from the main actors. Steve Buscemi plays the loser role well, being one of many sharks trying to take that one lasting shot. However, many of the character development in this movie did not get the attention it should have got: depth wise and personality wise. Take Steve Buscemi, who is playing an adult male making pictures. He visits his parents halfway through the movie and is totally disappointed that his parents don't like one of the many sleezy pictures he took. First of all, this 40 plus year-old guy should know this already, second, it's more of a teenager thing to want approval of his parents the way Buscemi wants it ("don't you like my sleezy picture?"), third, it's really not much of an original, thought provoking plot, although the whole movie basically is counting on it. That's really disappointing. Furthermore, the film is very unrealistic, the main character being such an a-typical bum, way too handsome, way too sweet. The whole falling in love with the movie-star thing, well, I didn't buy it. Sure, it's a comedy, but it could have used a bit more realism and a bit less cinderella meets prince charming. For the rest, i do think it is a fair tale of show-bizz and all the utter bullshit that comes with it. This movie was good, I actually liked it, but it did have mayor flaws. Therefore, three and a half stars is all it's gonna get.

• May 05, 2013

It is a good movie, especially if you don't expect a wacky one from the outset. Good cast and an interesting story. But in my opinion this is one that will soon become lost and forgotten in the sea of movies.

• Jan 26, 2013

A good little movie. I still love DiCillo's earlier movies but this is a decent film.

• Jan 19, 2013

really enjoyed it. don't know exactly why though. steve buchemi was awesome as always and michael pitt was a good choice for toby. it seems like it's unintentionally funny, and that's what makes it great.

• Jan 01, 2013

this was silly and sexy omg

this was silly and sexy omg

• Dec 02, 2012

John Candy as his usual lovable self.

John Candy as his usual lovable self.