The Ten - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ten Reviews

½ April 1, 2016
Great cast and some laughs but that's about it.
March 28, 2016
The 1st story was dreadful, the 2nd story was bearable, the 3rd story was more dreadful, the 4th story was okay and the only good one, the fifth story was even more worse, the sixth and seventh stories were bearable, the eight was a bit okay, aside from the 'animal cruelty' and 'Rhino who cried Wiener Dog' bits, the 9th was bearable, and the ten was also a bit okay with help from the song.
January 14, 2016
I don't even know where to start with this. I did enjoy quite a bit of the humour throughout, but it felt so apathetic. Paul Rudd introduces each story with little care for how it all ties together, so why should we give a shit about him and his crappy love subplot which never actually achieves anything dissimilar to vomit-inducing rom-com. I'm surprised half the actors signed up for this, and I'm sure they realised their final mistake come the final scene, in which they all scream down a microphone on stage for some completely painful song about the blatantly obvious moral of the story.

Even then, the moral of the story is just weird. It suggests that The Ten Commandments are unneeded because all you need is love. So far so soppy. But considering that The Ten Commandments were forged way towards the beginning of the Old Testament, and waay before humans starting fucking up the key fundamental aspects of religion to pursure their own twisted money of pedo agendas, one can assume that love was the sole purpose of them anyway. I'm not the biggest fan of Christianity, but aside from the first two (which I think are about God), don't the remaining eight concern what should be the simple task of loving your neighbour? Taking all that into account, The Ten collapses under its own pompousness and David Wain's over-enthusiastical atheistic tendencies.
½ December 7, 2015
the stories are varied and not the usual Wain brilliance. I normally enjoy the slapstick and cast that he can gather but it doesn't click here. Paul Rudd is a little annoying here which is a waste of his talent. I only found some the stories funny but give Wain credit for at least keeping this style of humor alive.
July 16, 2015
One of the best goofy comedies I've ever seen.
April 2, 2015
Shock jock - lazy jokes. Turned it off before it ended. Don't waste your time.
March 26, 2015
David Wain directs this anthology comedy filled with 10 different stories that are inspired (loosely) by the 10 Commandments. It isn't perfect, but many of the stories are very funny, some are not. It is essentially a sketch film. I enjoyed it for the Wainyness of it all, but I could see its apparent flaws.
March 18, 2015
Looks pretty good . . . Pretty dang funny
½ August 31, 2014
This is an interesting set up, but the majority of skits are mostly hit and miss.
March 20, 2014
dude...if adam brody is in it..
March 15, 2014
I'll watch anything Paul Rudd and Winona Ryder. How can it not be good?
February 17, 2014
This movie is hilarious. It's grossly underrated and just wasn't seen enough.

If you just want a good laugh, check out this movie.
January 31, 2014
Undiscovered gem. The humor might not be for everyone, but if you liked "Wet Hot American Summer" and you don't like this, you're a crazy person.
½ October 20, 2013
One of the funniest films ever. So many of my favorite newer comedic actors are featured in this David Wain-penned film about the Commandments.
August 13, 2013
I only watched this as a goof.
July 30, 2013
I want to see this one so bad, I love everyone in it!
½ July 9, 2013
big names... big flop. waste of time. would have rather took a nap... too outragious and over the top. each of the ten skits does have moral points... but its ridiculous.
June 15, 2013
Another case of critics being uptight and out of touch with comedy. Goofy comedy rarely gets it right, but this time it definitely did. Very funny movie, David Wain is a comic genius
½ April 27, 2013
It's a scattershot collection of skits, but some are damn funny.
April 19, 2013
If He'd meant the commandments literally, He'd have written them in stone.