Priest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Priest Reviews

April 19, 2017
Mad Max and Judge Dredd called. They want their set back
½ March 5, 2017
I wanted to like it...special effects were hit and miss.... but it was missing something..whatever it was...it kept me from enjoying it as much as i wanted to
December 23, 2016
It was thought a great movie, instead of disappoint some ways for too many characters and scenes copied from other films. Mix between a version Blade in a far west futuristic to the Judge Dredd
½ November 20, 2016
An atypical vampire tale wherein the vamps are not human but animal like creatures. Though they only come out at night, they prey on humans to the point that humans turn to the church to save them. Priests become vampire killing experts and much like Native Americans, move the vamps onto reservations. These are tended by humans and get overrun with the help of a captured Priest. Thus the action begins.... Not bad for post-apocalyptic sci-fi / horror.
October 28, 2016
Fine action movie, great music.

Bettany and Plummer awesome as usual, Maggie Q at her best !!!
August 9, 2016
I liked it. Still waiting for a sequel but that is not happening.
June 30, 2016
Entretenida y emocionante, muy buenos efectos....
June 30, 2016
Directors Are Always Better...!
June 30, 2016
a western-fused post- apocalyptic thriller, is set in an alternate world -- one ravaged by centuries of war.
June 30, 2016
Finally saw it and loved it!!!
June 28, 2016
Now the critics see Priest as a stylish but cliched action flick and savaged it as such but I take a different approach. Although Priest is flawed and extremely derivative, the movie certainly serves up enough action to please the Screen Gems crowd (the critics might be confused, but we know what we came for) while also offering some of the freshest visual landscaping in the film world today. Considering just how many generic looking films are out there these days and with all the sequels on the way, I'll take Priest for what it is, an unconventional adaptation of little known material into a visually fresh aesthetic worth noting. I'll take that over the latest reboot or remake.
April 22, 2016
dull characters and plot. Nothing else really matters.
jamrcla
½ March 27, 2016
We usually get about 3 films like this a year, A fantasy action film that noone really hears much about and they hardly ever deliver in entertainment value, This is the same, It could of been better but it's too dark, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but I can't imagine it being any good, It felt rushed and the action scenes were nothing great, The effects were ok but that's about it, It's not a terrible film but it was never going to be great.
January 24, 2016
This so wanted to be a franchise. First mistake was taking Paul Bettany's English accent away.
January 24, 2016
very good, a cult classic
January 23, 2016
A really underrated mix of a film. Judge Dredd meets I Am Legend in a sci-fi/western setting. It's sound erratic, but it's a stylish mix that fits together well and tells an engaging story. Good performances all round and an underrated hidden gem.
½ January 22, 2016
Creepy, entertaining and so great!
½ December 16, 2015
Just the worst movie I have ever seen.
½ December 14, 2015
In a world ravaged by centuries of war between humans and vampires some warrior priests attempt to tip the scales in favor of humanity. Get ready for some puny humans against superhuman vampires action, shot in the best remember-the-Matrix style. Or not.
½ October 22, 2015
Scott Stewart is one of the directors I know that does try to make different films from his own filmography, but they're all received negative reviews. So I went into Priest wondering how bad could it be, and it turn out to be a decent film that is better than I expected. The acting is good although they just talk in a deep and intimidating way which can bore some viewers. The action is fine, but it does feel a bit restrained and just feel like it should've been more entertaining. The effects look really good, and I like the monster design and the effects. The plot is very average and is like lots of movies before this. The movie does go through flashbacks of it which makes me wonder why the film isn't about this instead of this plot which is just about saving someone. The animation by Genndy Tartakovsky in the opening is very impressive and is kind of sad how that's the best part of the film. The characters are all right, but I do like to see more character development on it. I'm not gonna lie that I don't understand why people don't like it as I really do, but I was a bit entertained by Priest and would like to see the sequel to this that probably would never happen.