Priest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Priest Reviews

½ October 12, 2017
Priest is a disappointing film. It is about a priest who disobeys church law to track down the vampires who kidnapped his niece. Paul Bettany and Maggie Q give horrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Scott Stewart did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ September 27, 2017
It's just too bad there was never a sequel ... decent acting , decent special effects... Worth your time ...
September 27, 2017
This is a good movie with an excellent cast. Gives exactly what you want from a horror sci-fi movie.
jamrcla
½ September 23, 2017
We usually get about 3 films like this a year, A fantasy action film that no one really hears much about and they hardly ever deliver in entertainment value, This is the same, It could of been better but it's too dark, I can't comment on the 3D as I watched the 2D version but I can't imagine it being any good, It felt rushed and the action scenes were nothing great, The effects were ok but that's about it, It's not a terrible film but it was never going to be great.
July 13, 2017
I liked it has good action,the story and acting is good and would give it around 60%
The 15 is mutch to low are more bad movies
April 19, 2017
Mad Max and Judge Dredd called. They want their set back
½ March 5, 2017
I wanted to like it...special effects were hit and miss.... but it was missing something..whatever it was...it kept me from enjoying it as much as i wanted to
December 23, 2016
It was thought a great movie, instead of disappoint some ways for too many characters and scenes copied from other films. Mix between a version Blade in a far west futuristic to the Judge Dredd
½ November 20, 2016
An atypical vampire tale wherein the vamps are not human but animal like creatures. Though they only come out at night, they prey on humans to the point that humans turn to the church to save them. Priests become vampire killing experts and much like Native Americans, move the vamps onto reservations. These are tended by humans and get overrun with the help of a captured Priest. Thus the action begins.... Not bad for post-apocalyptic sci-fi / horror.
October 28, 2016
Fine action movie, great music.

Bettany and Plummer awesome as usual, Maggie Q at her best !!!
August 9, 2016
I liked it. Still waiting for a sequel but that is not happening.
June 30, 2016
Entretenida y emocionante, muy buenos efectos....
June 30, 2016
Directors Are Always Better...!
June 30, 2016
a western-fused post- apocalyptic thriller, is set in an alternate world -- one ravaged by centuries of war.
June 30, 2016
Finally saw it and loved it!!!
June 28, 2016
Now the critics see Priest as a stylish but cliched action flick and savaged it as such but I take a different approach. Although Priest is flawed and extremely derivative, the movie certainly serves up enough action to please the Screen Gems crowd (the critics might be confused, but we know what we came for) while also offering some of the freshest visual landscaping in the film world today. Considering just how many generic looking films are out there these days and with all the sequels on the way, I'll take Priest for what it is, an unconventional adaptation of little known material into a visually fresh aesthetic worth noting. I'll take that over the latest reboot or remake.
April 22, 2016
dull characters and plot. Nothing else really matters.
January 24, 2016
This so wanted to be a franchise. First mistake was taking Paul Bettany's English accent away.
January 24, 2016
very good, a cult classic
January 23, 2016
A really underrated mix of a film. Judge Dredd meets I Am Legend in a sci-fi/western setting. It's sound erratic, but it's a stylish mix that fits together well and tells an engaging story. Good performances all round and an underrated hidden gem.