The Proposal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Proposal Reviews

May 12, 2018
Love this movie. Laugh every time I watch it. It is ridiculous which is the point of it being a comedy.
May 11, 2018
Una commedia stupida e demenziale come tutte le altre. Non ci sono particolari note positive in questo banale tentativo che sfrutta i peggiori luoghi comuni del genere per offrirci un'esperienza vuota e assolutamente non incisiva sotto nessun punto di vista.
½ May 6, 2018
"The Proposal" follows the typical romantic comedy tropes that have been used countless times before, but the chemistry between Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds elevates this film into an enjoyable viewing.
½ April 6, 2018
Fun date night movie - not bad but not good.
½ April 5, 2018
I was told this was not your run of the mill Rom Com and it had a little something special. It doesn't. Just a resounding meh.
March 31, 2018
I don't care what critics or anyone says about this movie, it's my most favourite rom-com of all time. Between 2009-2018 i would have seen this movie at least 15 times. It's such a beautiful, feel good, funny movie I get naturally drawn to it. The chemistry between Sandra and Ryan was one of the biggest contributors.
½ February 13, 2018
In very large lines, it is a formula. But all the details are original and it is a Disney movie. Surprisingly hot for Disney in fact. Our heros were very daring. They're are both a catch. Genuine laughter, sweet moments, awkwards moments, adventure, panoramas, realistic in flight shots. This film is a great vehicle for a good time. Better than average.
½ February 6, 2018
It is personaly one of my favourite comedies ever, because the chemestry and amazingly funny dialogue between Sandy Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.
Recomend to everyone to see it!

|It's a 8.7 out of 10|
½ February 2, 2018
As a romantic comedy, the movie is not cheaply made, and some parts are fun to watch. But, the storyline is quite predictable and the jokes are cliché.
December 31, 2017
Great movie! Love Sandra's work wardrobe, would love to have them! :-)
December 30, 2017
Hilarious! So entertaining!
December 21, 2017
Reminded me of my crazy big family. Predictable, but awesome at the same time.
August 10, 2017
Despite all the negative reviews, this is an original movie. Sure it's in the same genre as others. It's a romantic comedy, of course it'll have that plot line. That doesn't make this movie bad. I haven't laughed so hard at a movie in a while. With lovable characters and hilarious scenes this is the recipe for a funny movie. I will forever have this one on my list of favorites.
July 12, 2017
Very cute and entertaining. Sandra and Ryan are good together. I'd watch it
again.
½ July 8, 2017
They may as well have called this one 'Mis-Matched Sham Wedding Comedy #57513' for all the effort it makes to shake new life out of a tattered genre.
½ June 28, 2017
nice little Sat afternoon rom com
June 9, 2017
Laughed my ass off,especially in the jungle scene when they dance omg that movie was so coool :) Love Sandra & Ryan !!!
June 4, 2017
Possibly my most favourite rom-com of all time. Nothing too much, nothing too less. I have seen this probably over 7 times now and it never fails to give me lump in my throat when it gets to the end. Now when i watch it it's the beauty of the movie and nostalgia all together.
From scene 1 to scene end of this movie is pure pleasure and satisfaction. The score intesifies the movie a whole lot more as well as the beautiful scenesries and cinematography. BUT above all, the chemistry between Ryan Raynols and Sandra Bullock is unbelievable. It was that good that people wanted them to get together in real life. Its a shame they didn't exploit that chemitry anymore.
May 28, 2017
Lack of creativity all around, but the film is saved from total disaster by the cast. The actors do what they are supposed to do well. Occasionally funny. The film seems to be built around Sandra Bullock. Always great to see the lovely Betty White!
March 15, 2017
Harmitonta hömppää. :-* (Suom. Odottamaton ehdotus)