The Proposal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Proposal Reviews

March 15, 2017
Harmitonta hömppää. :-* (Suom. Odottamaton ehdotus)
March 11, 2017
I kinda looked forward to seeing this after seeing the promotional stuff and it's nice to see a movie that doesn't dissappoint for once :O)

It may not turn out to be your favourite movie of all time, but you won't regret the time spent watching this.

Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds are excellent in a sweet and preditable romantic comedy that delivers just nicely thankyou.
March 5, 2017
Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock are great in this movie they made it a silly movie that made me laugh! Now I saw part of this movie on tv it looks to be good.
½ March 3, 2017
It's meh, okay... The film had it's 'chick flick' moment; but some scenes were way overdone that needed to be cut. Also, some scenes, it seems that on-screen chemistry seem to lack luster.
March 2, 2017
Love it! So many funny one liners. The more times you watch it the more you hear. Easy, feel good movie to watch.
½ November 22, 2016
This is a funny rom-com with Bullock the star and at her comical best.
½ November 8, 2016
3.5/5 Ratings for The Proposal
F: 56 %
R :44%
Comedy 40% Romance 40% Adventure 20%
½ September 5, 2016
Super predictable and boring, with no chemistry between the main characters.
September 4, 2016
Quite funny. and Sandra Bullock is getting old.
½ August 14, 2016
A surprisingly great comedy! Although the story was very predictable, I still liked the overall, flow of the film.
July 24, 2016
Dog poo American trash
½ July 9, 2016
It's very entertaining and has some hilarious scenes but remains shallow, clichéd, predictable and unoriginal. Still, the vivid dialogues and the good performances ensure you have a good time.
July 9, 2016
Terrific comedy. Loved the part when the eagle takes off with Bullock's cell phone. If that eagle was for hire I'd train it to remove my daughter's and granddaughter's cell phone especially during meals. I digress. This was not a typical boy meets girl romantic comedy. If you get a chance, after watching it, go to You Tube and take a look at the alternate movie ending. I laughed out loud.
June 30, 2016
Yuck. Pure formula, top to bottom. It's without a hint of originality at any point in the film. The two leads are fine, but they aren't engaging ever. The plot is about as science-fiction as the new 'Transformers' sequel, and if there was even a dash of winning humor or a single hearty moment - it would've been better. As is, it's mediocre as can be, and worst of all, not funny.

Grade: C-
½ June 21, 2016
Quite simply, one of those films you can watch again and again. Very few brain cells are required.
½ May 15, 2016
So dumb. I like the leads, but the script is just ridiculous. How does this super bitch completely change personalities in the course of a weekend? Are we really supposed to but that this guy fell in love with said super bitch over this same weekend and is going to choose her over the hot, wholesome blond? Not even good for romantic comedy crap.
½ May 6, 2016
Great chemistry between the leads helps this otherwise straight forward addition to the yearly rom-coms cranked out.
½ April 18, 2016
I thought this movie had some funny parts and I really like the cast, but the story and the way the film goes together feels incredibly forced and generic. I didn't get a very organic spark from the film. There were some individual parts that were very funny or cute or romantic and did a good job with the time they had, but I just didn't think the whole film came together well as a whole. But my wife really likes this movie and I don't want to give it a terrible rating and I'm banking that she doesn't read the review this far, so this movie gets a little boost in its rating since my wife loves this show so much. I did think it was good to see at least once, just to know for myself what the hype was about.
April 12, 2016
Looks good, can't wait to see it in the theater or when it comes out on DVD!!
March 24, 2016
It's Ryan Reynolds... omg.. must see!