Season of the Witch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Season of the Witch Reviews

July 14, 2017
They ruined the film with 3D special effects. Plot was good.
June 18, 2017
This movie is better than the ridiculous numbers given it. I found it quite watchable.
June 17, 2017
Ich glaube ich schaue mir ab heute keine Cage Filme mehr an es reicht ... Der macht nur noch Muell !
June 10, 2017
My love of Perlman and Cage totally carry this awkward fantasy.. something of a guilty pleasure.
May 23, 2017
kinda love how fuckedd up it get before,whatever, u know that "your mother suscks cocks in heöll engine starts"
½ February 5, 2017
Movie was entertaining to say the least. You've got to look past the witch part though. Too many folks today think that women are witches so they get confused. Like in this movie. This person is posessed. I don't wanna ruin it for you but, this is definitely not about women lol.
½ September 23, 2016
Half. A. Star.

This movie isn't even entertaining from a "bad movie" standpoint except for maybe the CGI wolves and some of the wicked special effects throughout the movie. Cage doesn't even get any freakout moments.

Oh and SPOILER ALERT.

They spend most of the movie wondering if this girl is truly a witch or not and the twist is that... she's a demon. ...what?

It gets half a star for a cool opening scene. That's IT.

Cage and Perlman, by the way, are introduced to us as fighters in the Crusade slaughtering people in the name of Jesus. They're the good guys.
May 21, 2016
It's got a poor rating but I enjoyed it. I'm always looking for medieval witch films. The Nicholas cage wig is in full effect in this film.
April 29, 2016
Nicholas Cage, what the heck is this, Season of the Witch looks terrible and is terrible. I laughed so hard because of how bad the movie was.
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
A much better film than I was expecting, I enjoyed the plot and the fight scenes, The demon effects were not very good but oh well, Not a must see but an easy enjoyable watch.
½ March 26, 2016
A 10% rating by critics tells me that I must have a fondness for failed films (as if I didn't know that already), because I actually quite liked this one. A fantasy action film that has a dungeons and dragons feel to it, as a handful of knights set off on a journey to take a young girl to trial, given she is perceived to be demonstrating the characteristics of a witch, and guilty of summoning the plague to every nearby village. Battling wolves, treacherous conditions, the threat of the acclaimed sorceress, and divided opinion amongst themselves, they attempt to reach the monastery where the monks trial will determine the true extent of the prisoners powers. This was a very easy watch, with a simple plot, and several action scenes to keep one entertained. Mixing religion and war, this culminates as a simple battle against the devil himself, in one big supernatural showdown. Sometimes one to divide opinion, Cage does nothing to harm his credentials here, although the film itself will never truly light up the Hollywood stage. Good to witness as a one off but unlikely to be memorable down the line when you have several other TV series like Game of Thrones offering more critically acclaimed fantasy action for a similar target audience.
½ January 31, 2016
The history of the battles it mentions in the opening sequence are all off - by a couple of hundred years. The acting performances are SHOCKING and the accents are all over the place. Some are American, some are English, some are a mixture of the two. The storyline could have provided an half decent film with the right cast, but it's been so, so, so poorly done.
January 19, 2016
Ron Perlman is the only highlight here but he can't save an entire movie that is badly made and boring to watch. It's the worst kind of bad; so bad that it's awfull.
November 8, 2015
Aburrida en todo los sentidos.
July 27, 2015
What happens when you take something you are a big fan of and something you're not a fan of at all and put them together, you get this movie. In my case the thing I'm a fan of is Nicolas Cage films and the thing I'm not a fan of is Medieval movies and Witch/Exorcism movies. Now the acting and fighting scenes are kinda cool, but not even the great Nicolas Cage can save this for me, this is not my kind of movie at all, I only watched it because of Cage, I've seen worse but this is just one of those movies I can only see once, sorry Nic.
July 23, 2015
Nothing interesting here, move along!
½ May 21, 2015
Season of the witch is a disappointingly dull and lifeless horror that fails to utilize Nic Cage's larger than life acting ability because he isn't up for it, Putting the final nail in it's coffin
May 3, 2015
One of the less worst Nicholas Cage Movies.
May 2, 2015
The critics are so into top notch, they wouldn't admit some cheap fun. I found the story much more interesting than 300, or even Man of steel, or the whole super-hero crap. This film actually worked better where the special effects were minimal, except for the finale that was rightly satisfying and plain scary fun. This is a film that looks like nothing but have many fine qualities. We get to feel the dumbness and the cruelty of the dark ages. We have an innocent looking girl that is full of power and wit, albeit possessed by the demon. We have grown men afraid of the poor little girl. We have supernatural, god, latin to rid of evil (now that's ironic). We have fabulous locations (probably half CGI), a castle to dream of, a mountain road absolutely marvelous, a dark forest to chill and get chills. I think this film is pure kid fun, not too serious, with visuals to dream about when you read about the darks ages. If you don't like the over the top special effects ending, there is a complete alternate one with much less, in the dvd. I think the whole package was lovely with a cute heart.
May 2, 2015