Blood: The Last Vampire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Blood: The Last Vampire Reviews

September 9, 2016
All the live-action, none of the cool. Sloppy adaptation of a revered anime classic.

Cardboard acting across the board in the supporting cast (I've seen anime-convention masquerade skits with more feeling). The gymnasium duel scene early in the film is nearly comical. Gianna does her best in the lead role of Saya, but her stiff acting and troubled English cause the editor to cut away from her as quickly as possible, in an obvious attempt to keep us from feeling the emptiness of her performance. Model Koyuki as the villainess Onigen fares much better, and her scenes at the film's climax are a treat. She combines style and power so believably, I wish there was a whole film about her character.

Full review at Drama-MAX
April 25, 2016
A great low budget kill bill love it
March 9, 2016
I only watched it for Jun Ji-hyun (My Love From Another Star)... if it she wasn't in it, I doubt I would've finished it. Some pretty good action scenes, but bad CGI and not enough story to get you emotionally involved.
February 13, 2016
Something classic about the drawn-out fight scenes that rely on set-smashing pieces and CGI blood. Saya and Alice's dynamic was very cool. Borderline abstract finale was cool. Basically it was a bit plodding, okay, but it had cool bits and I wanted to see Alice and Saya become a duo with their own TV spin off.
April 6, 2015
Won't you just look at the CGI? Blood: The Last Vampire is a silly live action adaptation of the anime film of the same name. A half blooded vampire hunts other vampires in Japan, she was sent to a military base to help get rid off the vampires causing trouble. She formed friendship with another girl and with her help they must defeat the leader of all vampires.

It's utterly terrible. I don't even want to write anything for it.
February 10, 2015
I had heard of this movie so I had low expectations, and it was okay, there's a few cliche cheesy moments, but that's to be expected. The most annoying part of the movie wad Alice, who unfortunataly had a big role, but I think I'm going to stick with the "Blade" movies better. Since I was dissapointed for this film and not being like I wanted to be, I give "Blood The Last Vampire" a D.
December 29, 2014
I didn't have a problem with the concept/setting, but action is mediocre at best, and SX is downright embarrassing at times, esp. the monsters after the transformation... they might as well use clay for those "things". I say avoid this.
½ June 22, 2014
Bad special effects!
May 15, 2014
Anime with real people -- predictable with some nice martial arts scenes.
April 18, 2014
Watch the anime. Movie isn't worth the time except as a background distraction.
March 20, 2014
Bad, too bad, or even worce?? After the first 2-3 minutes in the underground I had some hopes, immediately disattended! CGI and plot, terrible.

PS: the first comment was made during the watching, because I thought it was really really a bad movie (and it was 1/5). In the end, though, there were some improvements (not in the CGI that remained terrible all the way to the end of course). Especially because the director filled the last half an hour with scenes that I imagine are quotations from other successful movies. I dare to say: "The forrest of the flying daggers" (when Saya and Kato was fighting in the woods), "Underworld 2" (when the demon attacked the truck on which Saya and Alice were escaping from the city) and maybe Star Wars (the final battle in which is revealed the true identity of Saya and Onigen)?
March 15, 2014
This is quite enjoyable to watch. I like how it turns into a cult movie. Great martial arts, professional actors and colorful CG. But true, crappy.
December 14, 2013
This look cool a new twist on vampires
½ November 10, 2013
Same old, same old, but not so cool.
½ October 31, 2013
The action rocks for a vampire film but the effects is 'thumbs down'...
October 30, 2013
I'm sorry this movie was awesome! beautifully shot and the action was amazing! for it being so low budget the effects were awesome! check it out if you haven't seen it!
½ October 9, 2013
just.like the anime.
September 11, 2013
I don't know how I feel about transforming anime into "reality" though
½ September 2, 2013
A very good effort at adapting an anime into live action. The CGI is not the best, but the story runs at a decent pace and is interesting. The acting is okay, though I feel Gianna Jun underplays her role a bit. Wonderfully choreographed fight scenes. Lots of blood and gore. Too little vampirism to feature it in the title.
August 28, 2013
It was an enjoyable hour and a half, but if you're not a fan of sword-slashing animes, you might want to pass on this one.