The Kids Are All Right Reviews

• Apr 22, 2019

This movie makes a very critical mistake with the ending that ruined the movie for me. Up until the end I believed in it and thought it was a great movie. Without blowing it i think the filmmakers decided to introduce a message that wasnt really supported by the direction the film had been taken. As a person who never met his father I found the last few minutes unbelievable and out of the blue. As someone else said, its a kind of wish fullfillment that cheapens the movie. They would have had a fantastic film and probably doubled the box office if they had asked the question what would ALL of these characters really have done and used the answer to make a much more satisfying finale.

• Feb 11, 2019

Forgettable movie, the only original idea is the presence of a lesbian couple. the story is something that has been seen already in 1000 more movies and furthermore it is not a comedy.

• Feb 01, 2019

Opening to universal praise at 2010's Sundance Film Festival, The Kids Are All Right is a dramatic comedy that is at once smart and humorous, and the next moment heartbreaking and startlingly insightful. The plot, which revolves around two children conceived by artificial insemination who attempt to bring their biological father into their family, may not appear easily accessible at first. However, each actor (Annette Bening and Mark Ruffalo, in particular) delivers a performance so grounded and realistic that it is impossible to not somehow relate. The Kids Are All Right captures the brutal honesty of family and marriage in a way most films are simply unwilling to display. The film isn't always pretty, but then again neither is life - and isn't that the whole point.

• Sep 24, 2018

Great performances all around in this touching comedy drama.

Great performances all around in this touching comedy drama.

• Jun 18, 2018

Rich, natural performances by three amazing leading actors, Annette Benning, Julianne Moore and Mark Ruffalo. I had not seen any of them in a similar role before, which enhanced their ability to pull off these roles even more. The very human traits of these characters are flawlessly translated to screen, supported by an extremely strong story and perfect direction.

• Feb 25, 2018

i think it'll work.. The Kids Are Alright We all have been encountered with family drama over the course of the year but still, this genre doesn't fail to surprise us and addition to that if written explicitly and executed with carefully supervised and a great conviction it may offer more than expected. Lisa Cholodenko; the writer-director, has done an excellent job on handling the characters and giving them enough range and space to fill in the reasons and justify themselves. Juliane Moore is breathtaking in it and along with a great cast like Anette Benning and Mark Ruffalo the performance raises the bar of the feature to a whole new level. The Kids Are Alright contains smart writing, excellent performances, perfect editing and a gripping screenplay that unfolds in each and every phase keeping you on the edge of the seat as it ages on the screen.

• Feb 02, 2018

(5.0 out of 6) When we see what we want at a young age and old age to know that we want more. When we want other things to dig deep when what we want we have to want something else that we don't have we want. When what others want after seeing plenty to know what they want. When what we want we know others don't want to do it secretly. When what we want is to respect others wants. When wanting something is more of a calling to others when not many think that way in what they want. When sometimes we don't know what we want to have those give us what we want to make the decision for us. When what we want best for others we see we overally want things that others don't want. When wanting something is all about perspective when there is tonnes to want to only want the best for such places. When some wants come naturally when it's establishing a connection. When wanting something is about what others want to find out on our own. When what others want they hope others want the same when wanting the same vibe is what those want. When what others don't want they make it clear we are alone in wanting when not everyone wants the same thing. When what others want is extreme things. When what others want are answers to more questions we have when somethings that others want puzzle us from wanting other things. When what others want is to make somethings extra special to have something else others don't want interferring. When what others want just comes out when it feels good for a change. When what others want we don't want when it crosses the line of crazy. When what others have wanted are others perspective when they need to get out and want out of what they don't want. When what others want comes naturally with age when it is space & respect to want change. When what others want they haven't had for a long time to want it with those who give. When we see what benefits we want from something's to see others don't know what we want when heading towards directions we should want the same thing. When what others want we see it doesn't stop them when other things they don't want don't matter as much as others. When what others don't know what they want they make irrational decisions. When what others want they know others can't give to not want other things no more when they are less meaningful. When what we do want we try to make such wants work. When what we want deep inside we see nobody wants when we both haven't met those sides before to want them at the right time. When we know what we don't want when it's everything blowing up in our face, we separating and not finding a solution to what we don't want to leave behind us. When what pressures those have they fulfill what others want to see they lose out in what they want. When what others want we see what those gave when it's what we see what we wanted all along when it's a family, a bond, and something more meaningful. When what we want sometimes we want but don't want the bad side of things we want to happen to just want things the way it is, when something else more we have been searching we don't want. When we see that wanting gets tricky when it's balancing everything else we want that we see what we truly want and don't want.

• Dec 18, 2017

Not much going on but being a casual topical approach of the progressive era at the time with few themes mixed in that works for the nicely-performed familial dramedy. (B) (Full review TBD)

• Oct 31, 2017

good cast but i hate everyone in this film.

good cast but i hate everyone in this film.

• Sep 19, 2017

This movie is good, but not great. What makes this movie quite enjoyable is its cast and Mark Ruffalo's performance. Besides acting this movie is so of current liberal agenda that you don't feel touched by their 'problems' at all. This movie left me absolutely indifferent, except maybe a little annoyed by the fact that they made Ruffalo a bad guy there, somehow, which is stupid.