High School - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

High School Reviews

January 20, 2017
I have watched this movie over and over again and I never get tired of it! It is hilarious and has amazing characters
½ April 20, 2016
Shockingly bad which warrants nothing to mention to recommend this
August 26, 2015
It was a stupid decent movie and I really enjoyed Adrien Brody never imagined he'd do a role like this
December 8, 2014
Lolol loved every minute of it....
½ October 19, 2014
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
5 min was all I could bear
½ September 20, 2014
What a horrible movie I loved the concept but the execution was awful the jokes were stale I usually enjoy stoner flicks but skip this one it's awful
Grade D+
September 8, 2014
Funny as he'll and s great movie for smokers.
July 11, 2014
The movie has weed in it. COOL!
June 13, 2014
Average not a great stoner movie Or movie for a fact C
½ March 25, 2014
The 90's called, they want their movie back. It's ok I suppose.
½ March 13, 2014
This movie is horrible. Poor writing and actors, they should've tried harder.
January 20, 2014
As good as any Cheech & Chong movie if not better.
January 7, 2014
at least the directing and acting are better than the script presenting a professional production value, but the dialogue and story suffer greatly. The script feels like something written to exactly follow a screenplay formula out of a book.
½ December 31, 2013
It kinda funny at times just it was just missing something.
November 20, 2013
So when they are baking the brownies.after they steal the kief .Who is the woman singing?sounds Nice
Harlequin68
½ November 9, 2013
While making his first visit to high school detention, Henry(Matt Bush) reacquaints himself with Travis(Sean Marquette), a former childhood friend. After which, they share a little marijuana. And then Henry finds out it is the worst possible time to try illegal drugs for the first time when after a debacle at the spelling bee, Headmaster Gordon(Micharel Chiklis) announces drug testing for all students, which could not only ruin Henry's run at valedictorian, but also more importantly his scholarship to MIT. So, Henry and Travis hatch a scheme to get everybody at school stoned and thereby ruining the drug test results, followed by a visit to Psycho Ed(Adrien Brody) for supplies.

First off, "High School" has its heart in the right place, even if its humor is not. In general, it argues for not putting students under huge pressure by holding them to perfection, which is worse when applied to athletes who face the possibility of a 15,000 word article in Sports Illustrated if they screw up. Specifically, the movie smartly takes aim at the war on drugs and any kind of drug testing.

So, it is sad to note in the opening scene, the movie establishes exactly how crude its sense of humor is, doing little to differentiate itself from your garden vulgarity of teenage comedies, replete with contrived nudity, even with a neat turn from Adrien Brody. And while stoner logic might be fine and good in some places, it is real life logic that the movie has trouble with, as there is no way two guys could bake 1,000 brownies in a single night. In any case, it would have been more fun to see them struggle to bring their plan to fruition than its aftermath.
½ September 14, 2013
A solid stoner comedy.
August 16, 2013
This is an awesome stoner comedy.
July 28, 2013
Good movie. Funny, with great performances from Chiklis, Hanks, and especially Brody.
½ July 26, 2013
It was a good movie... not too good, not too bad. More like in between!! One thing I did like was that the lead character aimed to get into MIT just like me :p