Bachelor Party - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bachelor Party Reviews

May 30, 2016
This is one of Tom Hanks early comedy movies. It was made after his TV show ended. His co-star is Tawny Kitaen. She hot but they wait till the end of the movie to show it. It's another movie trying to copy Animal House. Only they put it in a hotel with a bunch of grown men acting like juveniles at a bachelor party. The acting is bad, the story is lame and the jokes are not funny.
½ February 7, 2016
Ridiculous and funny.
December 27, 2015
12/27/2015: A pretty good 80's comedy.
September 3, 2015
One movie that totally lives up to its VHS cover art. If you like wacky 80s party movies, this one is perfect. Tom Hanks in an over the top raunchy comedy complete with a cocaine sniffing donkey. Even though the characters are past school-age, there is even a bully/jock antagonist, to keep in line with the 80s comedy conventions. A lot of fun.
August 29, 2015
At least so far I would say this is an enjoyable early Tom Hanks flick. Even in this crazy little comedy it is plain to see that Tom Hanks had a lot of talent. Not that I am saying that this is a movie where he can show off his talent, but there are flashes in some scenes. If nothing else he commanded the screen every time he was on it, without a doubt a star in the making. This is not my kind of movie but I still found it kind of funny and enjoyed it.
½ April 13, 2015
Like most actual bachelor parties,they start out cool but end up a horrid mess.
March 1, 2015
A film that could teach films like "Project X" and "21 and Over" what a real party film is.
½ February 24, 2015
More of a real comedy that we lack in recent time with almost all comedies really being sweet romance flicks with a few light laughs. This one is a better one.
August 28, 2014
Pretty dumb and dated, but still lots of fun. They at least go all out for it. I thought bachelor parties were known for the strippers, not the hookers. I guess I haven't been to the right bachelor parties.
½ July 26, 2014
American Pie of the 80's!
½ July 26, 2014
(First and only viewing - 4/21/2010)
June 20, 2014
Raunchy, easygoing frat boy entertainment that could only have come from the 1980s. Crammed with all the hallmarks of party films from that decade - glaring fashion choices, oodles of saxophone, frequent gratuitous nudity and tons of recreational drugs - it's wafer-thin and proud. The title pretty much tells you all you'll need to know about the plot, which frees up the rest of its running time to go nuts with blasphemous humor and increasingly inebriated acts of questionable legal standing. It's a perfect fit alongside the wild-eyed greats of its generation; Caddyshack, Animal House and Revenge of the Nerds, make some room. Tom Hanks sometimes presses too hard to look crazy, unruly and cool, and often leaves us wondering how anyone could agree to marry such a slob (this may be the first time I've ever agreed with the pensive father-of-the-bride in this kind of movie), but when the music starts blaring he makes for a great master of ceremonies and that's really what the role called for. Pointed and unpredictable, balls-out and funny as hell, it's fantastic at what it sets out to do.
June 14, 2014
Just remember that you're not supposed to bring the brain when you watch this, and you will be fine.
½ May 17, 2014
I'd watch this 100 times before watching The Hangover once.
May 6, 2014
It's one of my guilty pleasures.
½ March 9, 2014
Raunchy and hilarious.
January 26, 2014
Very funny 80's flick!
January 13, 2014
On of the great raunchy comedies that's as funny today as it was 30 years ago. Would never have been allowed today (smoking, nudity and vulgarity) so don't watch it if you're PC. For all others who like to laugh: yes! It is still funny!!!
January 6, 2014
another entry in the long-running craze of 80's teen sex comedies
one of the more tolerable ones fortunately
it's got a young Tom Hanks with so many crazy hijinks and on-goings one would expect on the last night as a free man
his friends try to talk him out of giving up being not being single anymore, to be honest they want to have the most outrageous time more than him
everything you can imagine is thrown at us from hotel rooms to stock bullies to hookers to bands playing loud music etc.
the film is actually a rockin' good time and very 80's-esque
and I swear to you that they just up and stole a scene from 'Animal House', guess they loved that movie too and the impact it left
even the girl group of friends get their fair share of a good time as much as the guys so the film isn't completely shallow when it comes to wedding traditions
out of the completely terrible sex comedies during the era this is one of the few gems that stands out
November 16, 2013