Brazil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brazil Reviews

October 7, 2016
Brazil tickles the mind, portraying the entire film from the perspective of Jonathan Pryce's Sam Lowry. A dystopian view of this film can make one ask oneself whether Jill, the main female lead, ever even exists, or is a symbol of Lowry's lament for the bureaucratic autocracy he finds himself in.
½ September 6, 2016
Channeling the abundant satire of his Monty Python glory days, Terry Gilliam's "Brazil" is like something from the mind of George Orwell, but much, much funnier.
September 3, 2016
Brilliant. My favorite Gilliam, except for maybe Time Bandits.
½ August 28, 2016
Película extraña, con una estética exagerada pero bastante divertida. Humor negro. Una curiosa representación de la burocracia y sus consecuencias.
½ August 17, 2016
8.3/10. 8-15-2016. Original rating: 7/10, 5-11-2012.
½ August 2, 2016
Brazil is a well directed film. It has fantastic visuals. Every actor does a solid job, with De Niro and Pryce being the standouts. The film's dark sense humor works really well, it is well-paced with an interesting plot. The effects aren't dated and the movie passes the test of time. However, the movie gets a little bit cartoonish at certain parts and the action sequences lack intensity. All in all, it is a fantastic film with a few minor flaws that don't hold it back.
½ July 26, 2016
Strange, imaginative, and visually dazzling, Brazil boasts great cinematography and some great experimental directorial choices from Terry Gilliam.
July 25, 2016
Amazing visuals, great performances and a crude dark humor that its creative and odd at the same time, makes Terry Gillian's sci fi a great distopian film that is unique in its own way.
½ July 25, 2016
I was a little annoyed by the main character in the middle of the film, but the ending just blew me away.
July 2, 2016
This film is as close to perfect as it gets
½ July 2, 2016
Una surrealista fantasia tipo 1984 dotada de humor oscuro, irrepetibles secuencias oniricas y un alucinante final .Exige mucha paciencia al espectador pero al final el esfuerzo lo vale. A ver.
July 2, 2016
Un extraño, cómico y fantástico clasicazo de clasicazos.
½ July 2, 2016
Interesting idea, well presented, but I just don't really care about anyone. Too much surrealism lost me. The weird emotion doesn't really ever draw you in to the story as either serious or funny. However, the message & delivery are so good, it's at least worth seeing, for that.
July 1, 2016
Una fantástica y peculiar película que mezcla lo cómico y extraño estilo sobre un mundo retro-futurista y fantasías, toda una obra maestra.
June 25, 2016
What I think is Terry Gilliam's best. I will occasionally break into song singing Brazil to this day. This is also the role I think of when I think of Robert Deniro. An absolute stunner of a dystopian vision eerily similar to today - with a anonymous workplace and a bureaucracy that surround everything.
June 22, 2016
Totally bizarre, Kafkaesque with a hint of Bladerunner and TIme Bandits. Lots of fun to watch.
June 18, 2016
Terry Gilliam's dystopian adventure boasts unique visuals and a sharp, non-sense humour that makes Brazil sort of a futuristic Monty Python.
June 15, 2016
Dark, satirical and visually outstanding vision of the possible future in a totalitarian society.
½ June 14, 2016
This is one of the most bizarre and fascinating movies I've ever seen.