Brazil Reviews

• May 11, 2019

Brazil is one of the most underrated films of all-time. It follows Sam Lowry a low level government employee living in a dystopia that is as comical and surreal as it is nightmarish. Entertaining from start to finish Brazil is a perfect mix of dark humour and political commentary with some of the most unique visuals you will ever see. It is probably the best sci-fi film ever made along with A Clockwork Orange.

• Apr 20, 2019

Quite very strange, sort of make or break that leaves everyone pondering on life, the future, and on whether or not they liked the film...

• Apr 09, 2019

A spoof theater of the absurd, Kafkaesque film noir steam punk satire on what we have today--the Trump Administration a world going to hell,--a Fritz Lang's Metropolis on steroids! Love the imagery! I watched it when it first came out and it's just as good today!

• Mar 21, 2019

It makes 2001 seem coherent.

It makes 2001 seem coherent.

• Jan 27, 2019

The best, GREATEST fantasy movie ever made!

The best, GREATEST fantasy movie ever made!

• Jan 10, 2019

A true masterpiece of dystopian film.

A true masterpiece of dystopian film.

• Jan 10, 2019

Awesome political satire

Awesome political satire

• Dec 06, 2018

Honestly, if you're looking for an amazingly crafted science fiction movie, Terry Gilliam's Brazil is a step in the right direction. With its vibrant neon lighting, retro-futuristic scenery, and a cast filled with Monty Python Alumni, it creates a perfect dystopian representation of what the world might become if its ideas were run by, what we refer to as a ¨Capitalist Paradise¨. This movie could both be seen as an informational depiction of what our future might become, but it could also just be seen as a quirky, sci-fi comedy. If I would have to recommend this film to someone, it would be an individual whose opinion on the aesthetic of the film outweighs the length of their attention span. What I mean is that the film has a tendency to run a little slow in the middle, but overall has one heck of a plot twist near the end. This movie is my No. 1 favorite film of all time tied with Duncan Jones´s (Moon) 2009. Final Rating: 9.5/10

• Nov 06, 2018

This film was almost good.

This film was almost good.

• Aug 19, 2018

Manipulative and abortive. It's ain't "1984".

Manipulative and abortive. It's ain't "1984".