Fire and Ice Reviews

• Dec 20, 2019

So many nearly naked people... Half-naked hero, half-naked princess, half-naked villan... And all those nearly naked people follow a plotline which, allthough epic, is based on numerous riddiculous developments. On the other hand, backgrounds are great, and action sequences are also worth watching. But other than that...

• Dec 04, 2019

The plot is simple, but it's so cool and satisfying to see oldschool swords & sorcery action.

• Nov 23, 2019

Created by men for men, I imagine. Pretty good classic animation, and rather imaginative, but as fluid a rock. Also a great score. However the pacing was slow, the story was cliche and didn't really go anywhere, the dialogue was clunky (or maybe the voice acting. Or both.), and many parts were gratuitous (but never had the balls to go full R, so what was the point?). Also laughably campy in places. All in all, meh it passed the time.

• Sep 27, 2019

This movie is so bad is not even funny, it feels like a parody but it definitely wasn't intended to be that. It s just sad that almost 36 years later I think everyone involved in this must have suffered from some level of autism. The animation is terrible but the dialogue is worse. And the plot is something a 7 year old could've thought up.

• Jul 09, 2019

Thanks to superb animation, a lot of intriguing imagery, memorable creatures and fun fantastical elements, Fire and Ice is an engaging fantasy adventure flick with superb action sequences that serve so well in the context of the spirited adventure. Yes, the women are objectified once again and the storytelling is minimalist to a fault, but still this is undoubtedly the greatest, richest and most entertaining entry in Ralph Bakshi's filmography.

• Jan 04, 2019

I enjoyed but just because I like this kind of stuff. Barbarians. 80s animation. Weirdly painted backgrounds. I'll probably watch it again because it gives me a fuzzy feeling since I love Frazetta and Howard but beyond those reasons, I can't say there is much to enjoy. Ok/meh concept ok/meh execution.

• Jun 26, 2018

Wish I had seen this as a kid, no doubt it would have been one of my favorites along with Heavy Metal

• Oct 23, 2017

i think Fire and ice is a amazing movie but its not a kids movie because its very vilonte has swearing like b*** and has some very creepy parts

• Oct 18, 2017

História e personagens bem fracos, mas visual e ação bem interessantes.

História e personagens bem fracos, mas visual e ação bem interessantes.

• Aug 31, 2017

An underrated gem from the peak of 80's animation films, this takes a somewhat basic premise and turns it into an epic adventure. It has great worldbuilding and great animation for a fantasy from the minds of two New Yorkers. Ralph Bakshi takes the paintings of the late great Frank Frazetta and makes it worth the 90 minutes of mindless storytelling from ironically the comic book writers that brought us amazing Marvel story arcs. That being said, the dazzling designs of both character and backgrounds more than make up for it, and it's great to see how much effort was put in to make it as epic and human (maybe too human) as possible. Fire and Ice is a must have for animation fanatics and sword and sorcery buffs.